PDA

View Full Version : 2010 3A Pre-Season Top 25 Discussion

Bullaholic
07-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Following is link to DCTF 2010 Pre-Season 3A Top 25 ranking.

Who would you place lower, and who would you place higher?

http://www.texasfootball.com/class-3a-3/

Top 10 adds: Gilmer and Pittsburgh

Top 25 Drops: Bridgeport (Don't think we are Top 25 to start the season)

'?" Marks (i.e, undecided if Top 25):
Henderson, Pilot Point

Let the arguments---er, discussions---begin. :D

Bullaholic
07-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Nobody hungry for some football talk yet???----or is everybody just afraid of getting "beat up" for talking rankings? :D C'mon it only hurts for a little while....:D

Ex-Tiger2005
07-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Is Kirbyville that deserving coming from 2a? Just a question because i know nothing of them.

And Gilmer def. deserves to be in the top 10 i really dont care if they graduate the whole team...they are always locked and loaded for the season.

Old Tiger
07-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Carthage may be a little too high.

Caldwell should be higher

Bullaholic
07-13-2010, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
Is Kirbyville that deserving coming from 2a? Just a question because i know nothing of them.

And Gilmer def. deserves to be in the top 10 i really dont care if they graduate the whole team...they are always locked and loaded for the season.

That's where I'm at Ex-Tiger---at this point I know very little about any of these teams other than my own, but that's the purpose of this thread---get someone to educate me....even if it's with a baseball bat. :D

Yoe_09
07-13-2010, 12:07 PM
I am liking Giddings at #8 to win District 23. I also see Caldwell and Navasota making the playoffs in one of the toughest districts. And of course in 2a I think Cameron should bee a little higher than 8th.

LE Dad
07-13-2010, 12:08 PM
I don't know where LE should be ranked but QB,RB, and half the O line are back. Big question could be WR.
On D lost probably 75% of our experience DB LB wise, but the kids coming up run the same system and the returning DBs all rotated last year. Line should be solid. Kicking game, lost place kicker, punter, probably the best since 06. Lost main return man but if you know LE you know there are 4 or 5 speedsters just waiting for the chance to run one back.

MUSTANG69
07-13-2010, 12:12 PM
DCTF must have a very low opinion of Region 4. I can see Mathis or Sinton being in the top 25.

LH_Tuff
07-13-2010, 12:16 PM
I believe Liberty Hill will slip in at some point during the season. Last year was a learning experience for this team. It has been a good off season and they will be ready. A tough pre-district schedule will help them. LH will be back in the playoffs this year.

PPSTATEBOUND
07-13-2010, 12:19 PM

Kirbyville has a complete load coming back at RB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1fEXOsAxCw

He is the real deal.

PPSTATEBOUND
07-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Point finished the 2009 Season ranked #8 if 3a.

With the schedule they play in 2010 we will find out and quick if they are deserving of #21...I say they are.

:)

Ex-Tiger2005
07-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Kirbyville has a complete load coming back at RB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1fEXOsAxCw

He is the real deal.

I know football is not a one man sport...but when you have someone like that it sure does help! :eek:

Well i guess i will find someone else to point out...

BullsFan
07-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic Top 25 Drops: Bridgeport (Don't think we are Top 25 to start the season)

Despite my natural homer-ism, I think I'd probably agree. I'm hoping we step up to the plate, but the level of talent we graduated last year was darn near unprecedented, especially on defense.

fresh-j
07-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Wimberley is too high AGAIN:D

Ex-Tiger2005
07-13-2010, 02:26 PM
who will be replacing arndt at QB in Cuero? I kno the RB is a stud but dont they pass a little bit too...

BleedOrange
07-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
I believe Liberty Hill will slip in at some point during the season. Last year was a learning experience for this team. It has been a good off season and they will be ready. A tough pre-district schedule will help them. LH will be back in the playoffs this year.

I hope you are correct. Y'all are fun to watch.

fresh-j
07-13-2010, 02:43 PM
who will be replacing arndt at QB in Cuero? I kno the RB is a stud but dont they pass a little bit too...

I heard it was a move in named Keenon Ward!!!!!!! :D

44INAROW
07-13-2010, 02:58 PM

this is from an article @ www.victoriaadvocate.com looks like Mason Blaschke is going to get the nod for the QB position.

"Cuero, Yoakum and Goliad will be starting new quarterbacks in the upcoming season and welcomed a chance for them to work on their game.

"We're just trying to get our timing down," said Cuero's Mason Blaschke. "I've got to get timing with my receivers and luckily some of them are in my grade so we have a little bit down, but we've still got to work on it some."

Ex-Tiger2005
07-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by fresh-j
I heard it was a move in named Keenon Ward!!!!!!! :D

No way he is under a special contract to stay in snyder!

fresh-j
07-13-2010, 03:14 PM
No way he is under a special contract to stay in snyder!

Lol I hear ya. If he woulda stayed at his old school he coulda became the best 6 man player ever. But a great 3A qb works for me:cool:

oldtownag
07-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Carthage may be a little too high.

Based on what?

Gobbler Fan
07-13-2010, 04:53 PM
http://cuerorecord.com/index.asp?Story=2004

By COY SLAVIK

Record Managing Editor

Rick Owens liked what he saw this month from the Cuero Gobblers’ 7-on-7 football team.

The Gobblers ended their 7-on-7 schedule last Thursday in Yoakum with a 34-12 win over Victoria East and a 26-6 victory over Gonzales to finish with an 8-0 record. On June 15 in Victoria, Cuero defeated Yoakum 42-28 and Victoria West 14-3.

Owens said he was pleased with the performance of quarterback Mason Blaschke, who is expected to replace graduated Tyler Arndt this season.

“Mason started impressing us in the spring during athletic period,” Owens said. “He’s working real hard. He knows he has big shoes to fill. He’s accepting the challenge and becoming a great leader.”

Owens said the 7-on-7 experience helped Blasch-ke and his receivers work on their timing.

“Our receivers did a great job of catching the ball,” Owens said. “Monte Green and Aaron Bell played very well.”

Owens opted not to compete in the state qualifying tournaments so his players could have a rest before beginning preseason workouts on Aug. 2.

Owens’ optimism heading into his first season as the Gobblers’ head coach was also boosted by his team’s ranking in Texas Football Magazine’s Class 3A preseason poll. Cuero, which was 15-1 last season and reached the Division I semifinals, is No. 3, behind only No. 1 Lucas Lovejoy and No. 2 Brownwood.

“The kids are excited, but it’s kind of expected,” Owens said. “The town and community expects to be somewhere up there. They also know that preseason ranking doesn’t mean a whole lot. It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish.”

Cuero tight end Tanner Hoffman was named to the magazine’s preseason all-state team. Green is listed among the state’s top 300 players and running back Trent Jackson is one of the magazine’s five “money players” in Class 3A.

Blashke was a QB from 7th - JV*SO* he was moved to WR last season *JR* due to Arndt . He is a very good athlete winning a Gold Medal in the 4x4 Relay at the State Meet as a Sophmore . Cuero will be just fine at this position .

CueroDad08
07-13-2010, 05:18 PM
After getting to see the Gobblers this summer, I would say they are loaded on both sides of the ball, O will have a bigger line and both starting WR's back along with FB and RB. On the D side of the ball, they will again be very fast. I look for the Gobblers to make a very deep run to Dallas.

fresh-j
07-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Based on what?

5 starting O line gone ;). A (BEAST don't get
me wrong) MLB and 5'8 qb can't carry a whole team :D

wimbo_pro
07-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I don't know where LE should be ranked but QB,RB, and half the O line are back. Big question could be WR.
On D lost probably 75% of our experience DB LB wise, but the kids coming up run the same system and the returning DBs all rotated last year. Line should be solid. Kicking game, lost place kicker, punter, probably the best since 06. Lost main return man but if you know LE you know there are 4 or 5 speedsters just waiting for the chance to run one back.

Liberty Hill has questions about their WR? I didnt even know they HAD a WR. ;)

LH Panther Mom
07-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Liberty Hill has questions about their WR? I didnt even know they HAD a WR. ;)
:doh: :doh: Keep up, wimpy. That was "LE", not "LH". :p

nobogey72
07-13-2010, 05:32 PM
As bad as I hate to admit it, I think Wylie is rated too high. Hope I'm wrong. Graduated 41 Srs. and this yrs Sr. class is 19. 2 starters back on O and 2 on D. ????? I've seen us have a lot more returning starters off of good teams and not be ranked very high. So, I'm just wondering what was different about this year. Not that I give a crap about rankings (Brownwood) but I just find it curious.

wimbo_pro
07-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Wimberley is too high AGAIN:D

Fresh-J...At this point, I am not sure either way. i mean, Wimberley DOES have the talent to be ranked in the Top 10 this early in the season, based on last years performance, based upon returning talent, and then added with the coaching experience. But your comment about it being too high might be accurate when its all said and done due to the "unknown" factor...do these kids REALLY have what it takes as a team to pull it together? I mean, we have seen incredibly talented teams fall apart when they had the same assets (and even much, much more...I refer to the WOS's, Brownwood's, Abilene Wylie's, Gilmer's and Celina's of the 3A world) going into the year. All have/had deep, rich talent pools, tons of experience and great coaching, but the kids just didnt pull it together that particular year.

Wimberley will never have the most talented team on the field, player for player, stat for stat, D1 player for D1 player. Nor will (or did) teams like Liberty Hill, Bandera, and a few others in the past, but yet...they came home with a championship. Why? They came together as a TEAM. Thats the only way Wimberley will remain in the Top 10 when the play offs are finished...I am hoping we will be #1.

I just don't know enough about this "factor" yet to make a "Rocket" like prediction.

LE Dad
07-13-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
As bad as I hate to admit it, I think Wylie is rated too high. Hope I'm wrong. Graduated 41 Srs. and this yrs Sr. class is 19. 2 starters back on O and 2 on D. ????? I've seen us have a lot more returning starters off of good teams and not be ranked very high. So, I'm just wondering what was different about this year. Not that I give a crap about rankings (Brownwood) but I just find it curious. Probably because everyone except for a select few lost alot. Pre season polls are a crapshoot and you know what happens when you shoot crap.:thinking:

:D

wimbo_pro
07-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: :doh: Keep up, wimpy. That was "LE", not "LH". :p

LOL@LH PantherMom hahahaha...I apologize!!! I knew I would get your attention, but I got so excited that I had a chance to poke at LH that I went right by that!! LOL

How are you? The boys? Which one is playing this year, and what year is he?

bigwood33
07-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Lol I hear ya. If he woulda stayed at his old school he coulda became the best 6 man player ever. But a great 3A qb works for me:cool:
I don't know the kid but I doubt that. The GREAT Jack Pardee played 6 man football.

LE Dad
07-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Liberty Hill has questions about their WR? I didnt even know they HAD a WR. ;) :doh: Invest in some of these>>>:nerd:

wimbo_pro
07-13-2010, 05:47 PM
:doh: Invest in some of these>>>:nerd:

LOL..I deserved that! How are you LE Dad?

fresh-j
07-13-2010, 05:49 PM
As bad as I hate to admit it, I think Wylie is rated too high. Hope I'm wrong. Graduated 41 Srs. and this yrs Sr. class is 19. 2 starters back on O and 2 on D. ????? I've seen us have a lot more returning starters off of good teams and not be ranked very high. So, I'm just wondering what was different about this year. Not that I give a crap about rankings (Brownwood) but I just find it curious.

I see Wylie doing well, nothing like last year, but y'all do have the grizzly man Joe Nasser back ;)

fresh-j
07-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Fresh-J...At this point, I am not sure either way. i mean, Wimberley DOES have the talent to be ranked in the Top 10 this early in the season, based on last years performance, based upon returning talent, and then added with the coaching experience. But your comment about it being too high might be accurate when its all said and done due to the "unknown" factor...do these kids REALLY have what it takes as a team to pull it together? I mean, we have seen incredibly talented teams fall apart when they had the same assets (and even much, much more...I refer to the WOS's, Brownwood's, Abilene Wylie's, Gilmer's and Celina's of the 3A world) going into the year. All have/had deep, rich talent pools, tons of experience and great coaching, but the kids just didnt pull it together that particular year.

Wimberley will never have the most talented team on the field, player for player, stat for stat, D1 player for D1 player. Nor will (or did) teams like Liberty Hill, Bandera, and a few others in the past, but yet...they came home with a championship. Why? They came together as a TEAM. Thats the only way Wimberley will remain in the Top 10 when the play offs are finished...I am hoping we will be #1.

I just don't know enough about this "factor" yet to make a "Rocket" like prediction.

I know I know, all fun and games, I can see Wimberley doing good this year with Smith at RB/SS, Blakemore at Ath, and the new Lambert kid from Aledo at Qb, they'll do fine, sorry to hurt you feelings :D

fresh-j
07-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
I don't know the kid but I doubt that. The GREAT Jack Pardee played 6 man football.

True, Keenon has won edge over all 6 man players, I never saw Jack Pardee play, I saw the kid from Richland Springs that like never lost a game, broke all the 6 man records..Ward is D1, and has 4.4 speed, hard to stop in 11 man, nearly impossible to stop in 6 man :D

LE Dad
07-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Doing well wimbo_pro!! Ready for some HS football for sure... And how about yourself?

wimbo_pro
07-13-2010, 05:52 PM
I know I know, all fun and games, I can see Wimberley doing good this year with Smith at RB/SS, Blakemore at Ath, and the new Lambert kid from Aledo at Qb, they'll do fine, sorry to hurt you feelings :D

LOl..no feelings hurt at all...as I said, you might end up being more accurate than what is predicted thus far. By the way, the way I hear it, the new kid might not get the starting position. He is talented, but there might be someone else who beats him out, or the coaches might find him more valuable elsewhere. Not sure yet, is the word I hear.

wimbo_pro
07-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Doing well wimbo_pro!! Ready for some HS football for sure... And how about yourself?

good LE Dad..looking forward to the year. So, you guys think LH will make the play offs this year?

fresh-j
07-13-2010, 05:55 PM
LOl..no feelings hurt at all...as I said, you might end up being more accurate than what is predicted thus far. By the way, the way I hear it, the new kid might not get the starting position. He is talented, but there might be someone else who beats him out, or the coaches might find him more valuable elsewhere. Not sure yet, is the word I hear.

Wow that is interesting! As a fish he was the Qb for Aledos undefeated jv, (rumor) supposevly he was supposed to take the reins this year, but instead they had a coaches kid move in :doh: Lol so he was moved to LB, just sounds like a football player:cool: BTW the coaches kid did lead them to a state championship..with some help of some dude named J Gray :D

wimbo_pro
07-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Wow that is interesting! As a fish he was the Qb for Aledos undefeated jv, (rumor) supposevly he was supposed to take the reins this year, but instead they had a coaches kid move in :doh: Lol so he was moved to LB, just sounds like a football player:cool: BTW the coaches kid did lead them to a state championship..with some help of some dude named J Gray :D

keep in mind I am not a coach, nor is the person who gave me that tidbit of gossip. But he is plugged in pretty well, so I think its true that nothing is settled at this moment.

Daddy D 11
07-13-2010, 05:58 PM
I see LH going 4-6 overall (3-2 in district).

Last year I shot everyone straight before the season even started and caught a whole lot of hell for it. Then... a couple weeks into the season everyone jumped on board with my thinking. Sadly, I feel like it'll be the same story this year.

I SURE HOPE NOT THOUGH! :clap:
I hope LH puts together a quality team again next year.

fresh-j
07-13-2010, 06:02 PM
keep in mind I am not a coach, nor is the person who gave me that tidbit of gossip. But he is plugged in pretty well, so I think its true that nothing is settled at this moment.

Nothing ever is until the pads are on :D

wimbo_pro
07-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

Last year I shot everyone straight before the season even started and caught a whole lot of hell for it. Then... a couple weeks into the season everyone jumped on board with my thinking. Sadly, I feel like it'll be the same story this year.

Will 3-2 get you in the play offs in your new district?

wimbo_pro
07-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Nothing ever is until the pads are on :D

No kidding, fresh J. My honest opinion is that there's a really big chance that our talent on offense will not be best served with our current offensive scheme and with our past "go to" plays. I know Coach Nelms will figure out the best combination, so I predict a substantial change in our offensive footprint. Hopefully, that "footprint" will be all over our opponents jerseys.

LE Dad
07-13-2010, 06:08 PM
good LE Dad..looking forward to the year. So, you guys think LH will make the play offs this year? Lol....yes, wimbo I think LH just might make it this year.

LH Panther Mom
07-13-2010, 06:14 PM
LOL@LH PantherMom hahahaha...I apologize!!! I knew I would get your attention, but I got so excited that I had a chance to poke at LH that I went right by that!! LOL

:p I got a good laugh out of it! :D

How are you? The boys? Which one is playing this year, and what year is he?
I'm good! You? Boys are good - Brandon's gearing up to wreck some shop on some LSC offenses. WOOHOO! Youngest (Adam) will be a junior, so.....watch out. :devil:

fresh-j
07-13-2010, 06:22 PM
No kidding, fresh J. My honest opinion is that there's a really big chance that our talent on offense will not be best served with our current offensive scheme and with our past "go to" plays. I know Coach Nelms will figure out the best combination, so I predict a substantial change in our offensive footprint. Hopefully, that "footprint" will be all over our opponents jerseys.

Agreed. Remind me of yalls OC again? And I read a pretty interesting story that Dennis smith lives with the blakemores, somewhat like off of the blindeside :clap:

wimbo_pro
07-13-2010, 06:45 PM
Agreed. Remind me of yalls OC again? And I read a pretty interesting story that Dennis smith lives with the blakemores, somewhat like off of the blindeside :clap:

He has lived with them for many years. I dont know about the arrangement (whether its an adaption or not). I remember when we were at the State game in 05 I ran into the Blakemores at the TGIF's (I think) and talked to all of them before the game...and Dennis was there at that time. That was the first time I met him personally and the first time I talked to him. i told him that he'll remember that day cuz he'll be there one day too! Sure hope I was right!

fresh-j
07-13-2010, 06:48 PM
He has lived with them for many years. I dont know about the arrangement (whether its an adaption or not). I remember when we were at the State game in 05 I ran into the Blakemores at the TGIF's (I think) and talked to all of them before the game...and Dennis was there at that time. That was the first time I met him personally and the first time I talked to him. i told him that he'll remember that day cuz he'll be there one day too! Sure hope I was right!

Great story! :clap: Was he that big then? Lmao never getting tackled in jr high ;)

wimbo_pro
07-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Great story! :clap: Was he that big then? Lmao never getting tackled in jr high ;)

There is no doubt he dominated Jr. high football. Kids bounced off of him, assuming they could even touch him. I dont think he had to go at even 80% to get those results. LHPM can attest to that.

But things are different now. He is still big and dominating and a real force...but kids dont bounce off of him like they used to, and he isnt the fastest kid on the field anymore. His size makes up for it, but the competition has grown up too!

fresh-j
07-13-2010, 07:11 PM
There is no doubt he dominated Jr. high football. Kids bounced off of him, assuming they could even touch him. I dont think he had to go at even 80% to get those results. LHPM can attest to that.

But things are different now. He is still big and dominating and a real force...but kids dont bounce off of him like they used to, and he isnt the fastest kid on the field anymore. His size makes up for it, but the competition has grown up too!

I heard a couple years ago about an animal from wimberley and it was smith :D Also he had a pretty dandy qb next to him ;)

wimbo_pro
07-13-2010, 07:21 PM
I heard a couple years ago about an animal from wimberley and it was smith :D Also he had a pretty dandy qb next to him ;)

He is actually "from" the WOS area. Last years QB (Blakemore) was very good, but graduated. Blakemore's younger brother (Brandon?) may turn out to be the real athlete of the two!

fresh-j
07-13-2010, 07:36 PM
He is actually "from" the WOS area. Last years QB (Blakemore) was very good, but graduated. Blakemore's younger brother (Brandon?) may turn out to be the real athlete of the two!

Brennen Blakemore, he was yalls qb/wr/ss/db/pr/kr. I feisty athlete. I personally think he should be qb, but what do I know;)

wimbo_pro
07-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Brennen Blakemore, he was yalls qb/wr/ss/db/pr/kr. I feisty athlete. I personally think he should be qb, but what do I know;)

He might be, which goes to our earlier discussion of who will be the QB this year. The problem is, he is such a great receiver that its a shame to take that out of our ammo belt. But then again, if we dont have a good QB to get the ball to him...you get the point. The same age-old problem. We have another QB possibility with a kid named Peyton...we shall see.

fresh-j
07-13-2010, 07:46 PM
He might be, which goes to our earlier discussion of who will be the QB this year. The problem is, he is such a great receiver that its a shame to take that out of our ammo belt. But then again, if we dont have a good QB to get the ball to him...you get the point. The same age-old problem. We have another QB possibility with a kid named Peyton...we shall see.

Was Peyton the 7 on 7 qb ?

wimbo_pro
07-13-2010, 08:52 PM
Was Peyton the 7 on 7 qb ?

That I dont know. But I can ask.

WOS87
07-13-2010, 09:37 PM

I have a lot of respect for Kirbyville. They DID make it to the 2A DI Finals two years in a row.... AND took WO-S to overtime before losing 20-21 in '09.

'06 WOS 46, Kirbvyille 16
'07 WOS 31, Kirbyville 7
'09 WOS 21, Kirbyville 20 (OT)

They are a very small 3A school and they're 0-3 against WO-S all-time but it should be a good game this year in non-district given how close it was last year.

....AND I think Gilmer should be #1 for sure.... that jinx they have is still lurking I'm pretty sure ;) ;) ;)

wimbo_pro
07-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
I have a lot of respect for Kirbyville. They DID make it to the 2A DI Finals two years in a row.... AND took WO-S to overtime before losing 20-21 in '09.

'06 WOS 46, Kirbvyille 16
'07 WOS 31, Kirbyville 7
'09 WOS 21, Kirbyville 20 (OT)

They are a very small 3A school and they're 0-3 against WO-S all-time but it should be a good game this year in non-district given how close it was last year.

....AND I think Gilmer should be #1 for sure.... that jinx they have is still lurking I'm pretty sure ;) ;) ;)

Good news WOS87...there is at least a small chance we can meet again in Katy!!!

WOS1
07-13-2010, 10:46 PM
I was going to say that about Smith. I was told he was at WOS until Hurricane Rita in 05.

Pawdaddy
07-13-2010, 11:14 PM
All of you need to get fitted for some Kevlar underwear because after about week 5 or 6, I am going to be one intense irritant to your most boisterous opinions!!! So let it be written, So let it be done!!!

wimbo_pro
07-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
I was going to say that about Smith. I was told he was at WOS until Hurricane Rita in 05.

I am not sure about that WOS1...but you could be right. He also went to school in Katy (I think) for a year or so between then and now.

WTF-82
07-13-2010, 11:39 PM
Very interested in Snyder here is a team that returns decent talent from what I have read and competed very well late in the season against Wylie,Graham and Brownwood they will be interesting.
Seminole and Monahans will make some noise to be in this mix late this year. Monahans has lot of young skill player talent that stepped up in the playoffs last season specially vs State runner up Graham its the D & O lines that are a ? we shall see Lobo JV goes undefeated every year.
Seminole proved late last year they can play ask Brownwood and return a good group.

Sweetwater Red
07-14-2010, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
Very interested in Snyder here is a team that returns decent talent from what I have read and competed very well late in the season against Wylie,Graham and Brownwood they will be interesting.
Seminole and Monahans will make some noise to be in this mix late this year. Monahans has lot of young skill player talent that stepped up in the playoffs last season specially vs State runner up Graham its the D & O lines that are a ? we shall see Lobo JV goes undefeated every year.
Seminole proved late last year they can play ask Brownwood and return a good group.

My first game of the year is gonna be Monahans at Snyder. I can't wait.
The good news for Lobo fans is that Snyder is 0-3 against y'all in
games I attend. :devil:

Oh btw, Notre Dame sucks. Go Maize and Blue! :D

LHexPlayer
07-14-2010, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

Last year, I was right there with you in thinking the team would have a losing season. Our offense was the worst I had seen it since Vance had arrived.

I just really hope your prediction is wrong this year. I really don't want to witness another losing season. Time will tell how good this team will be and I will save my opinion until after I get a chance to witness some scrimmages. Our pre-district schedule is as tough as they come but if we can improve every week and fight hard I think we will do very well in our district and make a run in the playoffs.

I'm looking for a season like 2006. Probably not a championship season, but lose a couple early. Along the way gain confidence then really bloom when it counts to make a magical type of run in the playoffs. The stage is set for this to happen again. We are traveling to Cuero after all. :D

Ex-Tiger2005
07-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

That will change this year! :devil:

Bullaholic
07-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Somebody comment and tell me if Lovejoy is really going to be as salty as some say this season.

I'm surprised that Rocket hasn't been on this thread barking about Brownwood being ranked too low at No.2...:D

pirate4state
07-14-2010, 02:41 PM
I don't know why I'm surprised that the defending state champs aren't ranked #1 & 2, but whatever.

Sinton isn't on anyone's radar and that's GOOD! :D

fresh-j
07-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Somebody comment and tell me if Lovejoy is really going to be as salty as some say this season.

I'm surprised that Rocket hasn't been on this thread barking about Brownwood being ranked too low at No.2...:D

Well bullaholic, they CAN be as salty as some people think, returning every skill player but losing some linemen, and you know what they say, it's all played in the trenches, so we shall see :cool: how about your Bulls, returning a feisty offence with Henson, huerta, schuett and the o line :clap: ;) but losing ALOT on defence. Only bringing back a couple like Bracken, what do ya think of the bulls :nerd:

Bullaholic
07-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Well bullaholic, they CAN be as salty as some people think, returning every skill player but losing some linemen, and you know what they say, it's all played in the trenches, so we shall see :cool: how about your Bulls, returning a feisty offence with Henson, huerta, schuett and the o line :clap: ;) but losing ALOT on defence. Only bringing back a couple like Bracken, what do ya think of the bulls :nerd:

You've got a pretty good handle on the Bulls this season, fresh-j. It's shaping up to be one of those "wait-and-see" years. The "O" should be pretty good, and if a couple of kids can step-up on the "D", then we might be pretty good. Our non-district is pretty tough and if we come through that winning more than we lose---then I think we are set to defend the District title well and make a decent playoff run. Can't wait...

fresh-j
07-14-2010, 03:00 PM
You've got a pretty good handle on the Bulls this season, fresh-j. It's shaping up to be one of those "wait-and-see" years. The "O" should be pretty good, and if a couple of kids can step-up on the "D", then we might be pretty good. Our non-district is pretty tough and if we come through that winning more than we lose---then I think we are set to defend the District title well and make a decent playoff run. Can't wait...

I've gotta handle on alotta teams :D. But I agree, I think if B port can get guys like Mullins to replace some of the srs last year, they'll do fine, I don't see a title contention YET...but with Henson guiding them...only time can tel. ;)

LE Dad
07-14-2010, 03:12 PM
LL will be good if their O line holds up. Last year LE had em down by 21, but they came back and won by 1pt in OT. They carried Wylie to the wire before losing at the end. They return almost everyone with the exception of their O line. I don't know if they are #1, but definate top 5.

wimbo_pro
07-15-2010, 11:16 AM
LL will be good if their O line holds up. Last year LE had em down by 21, but they came back and won by 1pt in OT. They carried Wylie to the wire before losing at the end. They return almost everyone with the exception of their O line. I don't know if they are #1, but definate top 5.

LL? As in LL Cool J?

PPSTATEBOUND
07-15-2010, 12:22 PM

I dont see it. Anyone who lost to Farmersville last season will not win a title.....JK..but still I dont see it.

Bullaholic
07-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
I dont see it. Anyone who lost to Farmersville last season will not win a title.....JK..but still I dont see it.

Can PP, "pee" in the "tall" grass with the "big" dogs this season, PPSB?

PPSTATEBOUND
07-15-2010, 12:58 PM
Can PP, "pee" in the "tall" grass with the "big" dogs this season, PPSB?

Depends on what you call P? They added some hardware in the last venture to 3A, I see them doing the same this go around. They will drop again in 2012. We shall rebuild the trophy case when that happens. You know 3's already a crowd!:eek: We have a tuff schedule, also depends who you consider a big dog in these times.

Matthew328
07-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Here is the TOC Top 25 from FNF

1. Carthage
2. Brownwood
3. Sealy
4. Gilmer
5. Lovejoy
6. Cuero
7. Kirbyville
8. Wimberley
9. Snyder
10. Giddings
11. Brookshire Royal
12. Argyle
13. Texarkana Liberty-Eylau
14. Prosper
15. Bridgeport
16. Kennedale
17. Abilene Wylie
18. Celina
19. Navasota
20. West Orange-Stark
21. Pittsburg
22. Cleveland
23. Lindale
24. Graham
25. Mexia

PPSTATEBOUND
07-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Jerry's ALWAYS has a good thing going....I like where we stand:D

ronwx5x
07-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Finally arrived at Borders here in Market Street in The Woodlands. I'm glad I looked today since there were only about 5-6 copies. Dave Campbell sold out within a week at this same store. Better hurry Maroon!

BEAST
07-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

1. Carthage
2. Brownwood
3. Sealy
4. Gilmer
5. Lovejoy
6. Cuero
7. Kirbyville
8. Wimberley
9. Snyder
10. Giddings
11. Brookshire Royal
12. Argyle
14. Prosper
15. Bridgeport
16. Kennedale
17. Abilene Wylie
18. Celina
19. Navasota
20. West Orange-Stark
21. Pittsburg
22. Cleveland
23. Lindale
24. Graham
25. Mexia

Looks good to me. Do you know if any of the mags have made it to the Brownwood area? I have yet to find one.

BEAST

PPSTATEBOUND
07-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

1. Carthage
2. Brownwood
3. Sealy
4. Gilmer
5. Lovejoy
6. Cuero
7. Kirbyville
8. Wimberley
9. Snyder
10. Giddings
11. Brookshire Royal
12. Argyle
14. Prosper
15. Bridgeport
16. Kennedale
17. Abilene Wylie
18. Celina
19. Navasota
20. West Orange-Stark
21. Pittsburg
22. Cleveland
23. Lindale
24. Graham
25. Mexia

Big dogs I Guess.... With one state Champion, another Finalist and 2 top 20 teams on their schedule should be exciting to say the least..I'm sure Feldt will have his boys geared up and ready.

wimbo_pro
07-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Wow...WOS down to #20?? Really??

griff
07-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Wow...WOS down to #20?? Really??

Yeah, looks like the poll (at least for WO-S) was highly influenced by 7 on 7 results. Not wise.

orange machine
07-15-2010, 10:25 PM
The more and more I look at the close games Lovejoy had last year and the fact that they lost some really good olineman I'm starting to think they might be ranked to high, but what do I know.

LE Dad
07-15-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
The more and more I look at the close games Lovejoy had last year and the fact that they lost some really good olineman I'm starting to think they might be ranked to high, but what do I know. One of LL staple plays was a trap off the left tackle. That and QB scramble accounted for most of their yds. If thats not there then they could be in trouble. With the non district schedule they are playing it should be easy to tell if they are for real or not. I will give them a pass for now.

orange machine
07-15-2010, 10:40 PM
One of LL staple plays was a trap off the left tackle. That and QB scramble accounted for most of their yds. If thats not there then they could be in trouble. With the non district schedule they are playing it should be easy to tell if they are for real or not. I will give them a pass for now.
I think they will be good and I thought they were a number 1 team until I found out they lost the big boys up front and realized how close they played alot of teams.

bobcat4life
07-15-2010, 10:44 PM
The more and more I look at the close games Lovejoy had last year and the fact that they lost some really good olineman I'm starting to think they might be ranked to high, but what do I know. Im thinking the same thing. I thought thatas soon as DCTF came out. When I saw Celina scrimmage Lovejoy, I didnt think that their jv was very good. Our jv beat them pretty badly. My son was a freshman last year and the Lovejoy freshman team wasnt very big along the lines and I thought the Celina freshmen outplayed them. They will be good with Means and the rest of the skill guys back, but they are not a number one team, maybe not even top 5 in my opinion.

orange machine
07-15-2010, 10:51 PM
I went and watched Prosper and Lovejoy in the playoffs last year and if I remember right it seemed that the qb pretty much did it all.

Bullaholic
07-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Brownwood/Wylie ought to be quite a "dance" this year if the polls are close to accurate.

Farmersfan
07-16-2010, 02:36 PM
I went and watched Prosper and Lovejoy in the playoffs last year and if I remember right it seemed that the qb pretty much did it all.

Prosper was a No-Show in that game! Perhaps they felt it would be easy because of how they handled the Farmers earlier in the season and the Farmers beat Lovejoy! I sat amazed the whole game at the poor play of Prosper. Did they look like the team that beat Celina in your opinion?

orange machine
07-16-2010, 06:33 PM
I was amazed that Prosper beat Celina after the Lovejoy game, but both teams didn't really impress.

WTF-82
07-19-2010, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Oh btw, Notre Dame sucks. Go Maize and Blue! :D

Dude ND will waist Michigan this year 38-14 or more they will rocks the WOlvs in this years game write this down. We spotted them to many points last year and the chiken s__t refs called back eveything ND did wacth film but oh well this year ND will freaking rock them.

hollywood
07-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
Dude ND will waist Michigan this year 38-14 or more they will rocks the WOlvs in this years game write this down. We spotted them to many points last year and the chiken s__t refs called back eveything ND did wacth film but oh well this year ND will freaking rock them. :hijacktd:

navajo joe
08-12-2010, 11:21 PM
ready for some football!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocket
08-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff

Not gonna happen (Top 25).

Rocket
08-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Brownwood/Wylie ought to be quite a "dance" this year if the polls are close to accurate.

How can Wylie be a Top 10 team? They lost 18 starters? LOL

Rocket
08-13-2010, 10:48 AM
http://www.brownwoodlions.com/myspace/jaxon.jpg

Excuse me, little fella...

ccmom
08-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Rocket

Wow...I bet you had a hard time finding a Brownwood highlight pic from THAT game! :doh: Nice pic, Rockee. Too bad the scoreboard is what will be remembered from that night. :D

Rocket
08-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
Wow...I bet you had a hard time finding a Brownwood highlight pic from THAT game! :doh: Nice pic, Rockee. Too bad the scoreboard is what will be remembered from that night. :D

The difference is...that scoreboard was from last year...we still have Jaxon. :) We will remember the scoreboard this year. Twice.

ccmom
08-13-2010, 11:34 AM
The difference is...that scoreboard was from last year...we still have Jaxon. :) We will remember the scoreboard this year. Twice. Does that mean you DON'T remember last year's score? I'm sure garcia would be happy to refresh your memory. :D Oh and speaking of TWICE.....How many times have Wylie and Brownwood played each other in a district game? How many times has Wylie won?
:doh: Don't bring up the past unless you really want to talk about it, Rockee. :cool:

LE Dad
08-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Does that mean you DON'T remember last year's score? I'm sure garcia would be happy to refresh your memory. :D Oh and speaking of TWICE.....How many times have Wylie and Brownwood played each other in a district game? How many times has Wylie won?
:doh: Don't bring up the past unless you really want to talk about it, Rockee. :cool: :eek: :eek: :eek:

waterboy
08-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Does that mean you DON'T remember last year's score? I'm sure garcia would be happy to refresh your memory. :D Oh and speaking of TWICE.....How many times have Wylie and Brownwood played each other in a district game? How many times has Wylie won?
:doh: Don't bring up the past unless you really want to talk about it, Rockee. :cool:
:clap: :clap:

:stirpot: :1popcorn: :D

44INAROW
08-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
:clap: :clap:

:stirpot: :1popcorn: :D
I couldn't have said it better waterboy :)

:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :stirpot:

garciap77
08-13-2010, 12:15 PM

Excuse me ("even more") little fella! Is that the one Catch you all made at the end of the 3rd QTR! I believe after our our thrid team took over? Just asking!!!!!:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_8629posting-1-2.jpg

:p

LE Dad
08-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Excuse me ("even more") little fella! Is that the one Catch you all made at the end of the 3rd QTR! I believe after our our thrid team took over? Just asking!!!!!:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_8629posting-1-2.jpg

:p :D

Rocket
08-13-2010, 09:31 PM

Sorry..couldn't find any pictures from this year's game. IT HASN'T HAPPENED YET. But I do know some things that will happen... :)

2-2 going into 2010... I could careless if they are district wins or not.

garciap77
08-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Was that ANOTHER TD????
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/2946129062_766234b92e-2.jpg

;)

Snyder_TigerFan
08-13-2010, 11:48 PM
True, Keenon has won edge over all 6 man players, I never saw Jack Pardee play, I saw the kid from Richland Springs that like never lost a game, broke all the 6 man records..Ward is D1, and has 4.4 speed, hard to stop in 11 man, nearly impossible to stop in 6 man :D

Good stuff fresh....let's keep this on the "downlow" though. Some eyes will be opened this year with Ward. The good thing is though, he is not the only weapon for Snyder...returning XM who no one saw last year due to injury...had an impressive sophmore season on varstity...plus KG...plus SR...plus numerous more....fun season in store for the Tigers this year.

Rocket
08-13-2010, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Good stuff fresh....let's keep this on the "downlow" though. Some eyes will be opened this year with Ward. The good thing is though, he is not the only weapon for Snyder...returning XM who no one saw last year due to injury...had an impressive sophmore season on varstity...plus KG...plus SR...plus numerous more....fun season in store for the Tigers this year.

Are you going to be able to complete a pass? That is my question for the Tigers. And I am not talking about the Hail Mary you got lucky with at the end of the 2nd Quarter against Brownwood....

Rocket
08-13-2010, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Was that ANOTHER TD????
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/2946129062_766234b92e-2.jpg

;)

LOL oh the good ol days..huh gp?

Bosqueville
08-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Oh you little pesky Wylie backers... How sweet it will be to see the Lions run up and down the field of your cold, dank stadium. And next year when we bring up this victory, we will just see how many of you purple and gold lovers will be saying "oh, that was last year!":p

garciap77
08-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
Oh you little pesky Wylie backers... How sweet it will be to see the Lions run up and down the field of your cold, dank stadium. And next year when we bring up this victory, we will just see how many of you purple and gold lovers will be saying "oh, that was last year!":p

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/others-062.gif

Snyder_TigerFan
08-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Are you going to be able to complete a pass? That is my question for the Tigers. And I am not talking about the Hail Mary you got lucky with at the end of the 2nd Quarter against Brownwood....

Oh yes, I remember that. Nice pass, nice catch, poor defense. And yes, we will likely be completing a few passes.

Buckeye1980
08-16-2010, 09:37 AM
I cannot believe Gilmer is ranked at all. We have vitually nobody coming back. We have terrible coaching. The boy have not worked at all all summer. We have no tradition. We have nothing at all going for us. It is gonna be a long year for the Buckeyes. There is no way we will make the playoffs in the district we are in . I hope everyone will understand we have nothing going for us .

But you know what , we will be there at the end ...COUNT ON IT !

the genious
08-17-2010, 04:41 PM

i wondered that too but idk about them so i was going to keep quiet haha

Rocket
08-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Oh yes, I remember that. Nice pass, nice catch, poor defense. And yes, we will likely be completing a few passes.

A few passes? LOL Did you get a new QB? Or are you going to run the halfback pass 15 times in a row again? haha

Rocket
08-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
I cannot believe Gilmer is ranked at all. We have vitually nobody coming back. We have terrible coaching. The boy have not worked at all all summer. We have no tradition. We have nothing at all going for us. It is gonna be a long year for the Buckeyes. There is no way we will make the playoffs in the district we are in . I hope everyone will understand we have nothing going for us .

But you know what , we will be there at the end ...COUNT ON IT !

Tradition and name only count for something in places like Brownwood and Stephenville.

garciap77
08-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Tradition and name only count for something in places like Brownwood and Stephenville.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Sleepy/sleep-038.gif

1st and goal
08-19-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm worried that the Giddings Buffs may be ranked a bit high. I have no kids on the team so I don't have any inside info. I know there are newbies at key positions but this is true with most teams. Don't get me wrong, we have some great atheletes returning. I just hope the pundits are correct and have us up high for a reasons only they might know. I'm also worried (like Phil C) about our preseason schedule.

Here's the rest of our preseason.
Scrimmage against Wimberley.
Burnet
Brookshire Royal
LaVernia
Elgin (always a tough scrappy game against a 4A team)
West Orange Stark

While there are many other tough teams out there, I think our preseason schedule has to be one of the toughest. Hope and pray we get through it injury free.

One thing is for sure, we have a new artificial turf field (I heard it's the same as in the Cowboys' stadium) and hopefully in a couple of years, new stands will be built on the visitors side and then that side will become the home side with extra parking. The other for sure thing is......I AM READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL...GOT EXTREME FRIDAY NIGHT FEVER...Lord help me!