PDA

View Full Version : The Rangers

orange machine
07-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Make me freaking mad they had a great shot at seaperating themselves from LAA and they let this crappy Baltimore team kick their butts.

orange machine
07-10-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm starting to think they are cursed.:eek:

LE Dad
07-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
I'm starting to think they are cursed.:eek: There is just something about this time of the year. The time around the All Star break just seems to bring out the worst in them. i always think "maybe this year will be different". Still alotta ball to be played so maybe it will...

orange machine
07-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Is just crazy the Rangers have the best of the best in the majors you expect them not to lose like they are to teams like Baltimore.

BullsFan
07-10-2010, 09:49 PM
My dad and I were talking about just this very thing. Maybe the All Star announcements did it, maybe the thing with Michael Young did it, maybe the big trade announcement did it, maybe they just plain got complacent, but it seems like they're just asleep at the wheel right now. No one is playing up to their potential.

orange machine
07-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
My dad and I were talking about just this very thing. Maybe the All Star announcements did it, maybe the thing with Michael Young did it, maybe the big trade announcement did it, maybe they just plain got complacent, but it seems like they're just asleep at the wheel right now. No one is playing up to their potential.
Tonight the entire team was off, but the pitching has killed them this series. Lee didn't do bad tonight Baltimore just caught him when he did throw some bad pitches.

orange machine
07-10-2010, 09:55 PM
It's one thing to be in a slump, but you have to find a way to win against awful teams.

Txbroadcaster
07-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
It's one thing to be in a slump, but you have to find a way to win against awful teams.

And the Rangers HAVE won agianst awful teams all year.

IT IS A LONG SEASON..This same Oriole team swept the Red Sox..teams have ebbs and flow during the season..This is a downswing..thing is..The Angels are in the same downswing.

BullsFan
07-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Speaking for myself, I think the Rangers just have me expecting them to NOT slump. I guess I want them to play the way they played in June all the time.

eagleqb_14
07-10-2010, 11:01 PM
guys its only July. come on they just won like twenty game in June. thats pretty good for them. yes they shouldn't be struggling against Baltimore but they will pick up the pieces.

3afan
07-11-2010, 06:52 AM
every team goes thru 3-4-5 game stretches when they cant do anything right ...

Farmersfan
07-12-2010, 06:26 AM
First road 4 game sweep by the Orioles since 1995!!!! Seems like we have seen this from our Rangers for a couple of decades now! Is it a brief slump or is it "SAME OLE, SAME OLE?

Trashman
07-12-2010, 07:00 AM
Must mean that the all-star break is either about to occur or has just occurred and the collapse watch is on.:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
07-12-2010, 07:16 AM
Actually under Washington the Rangers have had winning 2nd half record in 2 of the 3 years

Farmersfan
07-12-2010, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Actually under Washington the Rangers have had winning 2nd half record in 2 of the 3 years

They are sitting pretty good if that happens again. I can't help it, I like this lineup. It seems a heck of a lot more agressive and has been leading the league in hitting with runners in scoring position which is somehting they seem to struggle at in the past. Hopefully they will continue the winning ways!
I saw that Mark Cuban is a bidder on the team. Good news? Bad news?

Macarthur
07-12-2010, 10:00 AM
I'm frustrated too, but Baltimore was actually playing pretty well.

I think it's always difficult to decifer when something like this happens whether the good team is playing bad or the bad team is playing good or some combination of the two. I think Balt needs to get some credit. Their pitching was very good this weekend. Coupled with the Rangers offense not taking advantage of opportunities and you have a rough weekend.

waterboy
07-12-2010, 11:02 AM
The Rangers are suddenly having a little trouble hitting with runners in scoring position (or hitting at all some nights). That coupled with the bullpen going through a rough stretch has been a problem the past week or so. After the break, and playing a different team may help them --- even if it is against Boston on the road. It's way too early to write them off just because they've played poorly over the last couple of weeks. They ARE still up by 4-1/2 games in the AL West. If the Rangers can play above .500 ball the rest of the way they have a very good chance of winning the West. Win 92 games like the goal Nolan Ryan has set and I think they will make the playoffs. I think they will.:thumbsup:

coach
07-12-2010, 11:34 AM
they have started struggling bc ron decided in the cleveland series to start sitting one or two starters a night. since then there hasnt been one game where the starting nine has played together and i think that has thrown there rhythm off

Farmersfan
07-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by coach
they have started struggling bc ron decided in the cleveland series to start sitting one or two starters a night. since then there hasnt been one game where the starting nine has played together and i think that has thrown there rhythm off

Makes sense coach! Almost every game there is one or two players that are starting that I didn't even know was on the team.

coach
07-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Makes sense coach! Almost every game there is one or two players that are starting that I didn't even know was on the team.

doesnt really make sense considering the all star break is coming up and everyone is getting a break

Farmersfan
07-12-2010, 01:21 PM
doesnt really make sense considering the all star break is coming up and everyone is getting a break

I meant what you said makes sense. Your explaination for why they are struggling makes perfects sense. I also don't agree that they should be giving all these players breaks right now because most of them will get a break over the All Star break. I just hope Hamilton doesn't get into the HR Derby. Last year he was awesome until he hit all those HR in the Derby and he was pretty bad the rest of the season. Maybe he just wore himself out.

crzyjournalist03
07-12-2010, 01:24 PM
I meant what you said makes sense. Your explaination for why they are struggling makes perfects sense. I also don't agree that they should be giving all these players breaks right now because most of them will get a break over the All Star break. I just hope Hamilton doesn't get into the HR Derby. Last year he was awesome until he hit all those HR in the Derby and he was pretty bad the rest of the season. Maybe he just wore himself out.

Hamilton was asked and declined...it was actually '08 when he had that performance. He was asked and declined last year too. Nelson Cruz took his place last year.

Michael Young has now been added to the All-Star roster, so the Rangers have 7 members of their 25-man roster on the team now.

BullsFan
07-12-2010, 01:47 PM
WHAT? How did Young get added to the roster??

coach
07-12-2010, 01:59 PM

o i know you were agreeing with me i was just saying that ron wasnt making sense

coach
07-12-2010, 01:59 PM
WHAT? How did Young get added to the roster??

adrian beltre got hurt

Txbroadcaster
07-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Young might NOT be added..Beltre might still play

BullsFan
07-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Young might NOT be added..Beltre might still play

Everything I'm seeing says Beltre is definitely out and Young is in. What makes you think Beltre may still play?

ETA: LOL! I've already seen a Red Sox fan complaining that it should have been Youkilis since Beltre was the one who was injured.

Txbroadcaster
07-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Everything I'm seeing says Beltre is definitely out and Young is in. What makes you think Beltre may still play?

It is being reported he is trying to play..all over twitter

BullsFan
07-12-2010, 02:07 PM
The major news outlets are saying it's a done deal. Unless it's Beltre himself who is claiming he's trying to play, I think I'll go with the news outlets. (Twitter to me is like Facebook's sleazy cousin. It's the internet equivalent to a bathroom wall IMO.) Now if it IS Beltre then we'll have to wait and see.

coach
07-12-2010, 02:15 PM
if young gets to go i would put an * next to Cliff Lee and MY but with that being said Young deserves it more than Ian Kinsler and Elvis Andrews

Txbroadcaster
07-12-2010, 02:15 PM
The major news outlets are saying it's a done deal. Unless it's Beltre himself who is claiming he's trying to play, I think I'll go with the news outlets. (Twitter to me is like Facebook's sleazy cousin. It's the internet equivalent to a bathroom wall IMO.) Now if it IS Beltre then we'll have to wait and see.

No..it IS news outlets on twitter...Most sports people use twitter to report the breaking news then post aqrticle on their sites

DFWsportsbeat

Gordon Eades

also Newberg

BullsFan
07-12-2010, 02:26 PM
URGH. It depends on who you talk to, but Beltre is saying no one contacted him about not playing. I'm hoping that he doesn't, both as a Rangers and a Red Sox fan (because it's more important how he plays for Boston than whether or not he's an All Star). I don't think anyone will know for sure until late tomorrow.

Txbroadcaster
07-12-2010, 02:28 PM
URGH. It depends on who you talk to, but Beltre is saying no one contacted him about not playing. I'm hoping that he doesn't, both as a Rangers and a Red Sox fan (because it's more important how he plays for Boston than whether or not he's an All Star). I don't think anyone will know for sure until late tomorrow.

ESPN is reporting he is as of now playing and Young is not.

Dont knock Twitter if you follow the news people it is nothing like facebook as far as news.

BullsFan
07-12-2010, 02:36 PM
ESPN is reporting he is as of now playing and Young is not.

Dont knock Twitter if you follow the news people it is nothing like facebook as far as news.

I knock Twitter because I don't like it. It's far too easy for nasty and untrue rumors to get spread on Twitter. I saw it happen once, and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Or someone from Decatur. ;)

But in this case I have to admit Twitter was right on it. Beltre's agent says as of now he is playing. Beltre himself says he can't tell how the hamstring is just from walking or sitting. He's going to do his usual workout tonight, try a few ground balls, and he'll know then what he's going to do.

Txbroadcaster
07-12-2010, 02:38 PM
I knock Twitter because I don't like it. It's far too easy for nasty and untrue rumors to get spread on Twitter. I saw it happen once, and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Or someone from Decatur. ;)

But in this case I have to admit Twitter was right on it. Beltre's agent says as of now he is playing. Beltre himself says he can't tell how the hamstring is just from walking or sitting. He's going to do his usual workout tonight, try a few ground balls, and he'll know then what he's going to do.

again it all depends on who you follow on twitter..I follow reputable news people..yes they are wrong sometimes on twitter or only have half the info because they are rushing to get it up, but they do it with the best intentions, not to spread rumors.

I compare it to what magazine/newspaper someone reads..if they read the trash ones, then yes they will get alot of sleazy rumors, if they read the legit ones they will get good info

crzyjournalist03
07-12-2010, 03:01 PM
if young gets to go i would put an * next to Cliff Lee and MY but with that being said Young deserves it more than Ian Kinsler and Elvis Andrews

actually, it's a very down year for SS and 2B in the AL...Kinsler and Andrus are definitely more deserving than Young when you consider position played. Young is the third- or fourth-best 3B in the AL this year. Kinsler and Andrus are both pretty clear #2s (in Kinsler's case, really #3, but Pedroia's injury took him out making him the second-best 2B avaiable.)