PDA

View Full Version : 7 on 7 offenses?

Eagle1
07-09-2010, 07:20 PM
How many teams at the state tournament were actually running the same plays they will be running in the fall. Many teams have great success running a 7 on 7 offense, but it often does not translate into Friday night success. Were Brownwood and Cameron running what they will run on Friday nights, and what other schools were running their real stuff. I know Celina runs a 7 on 7 offense when I saw them most of their stuff can't even be run in real football.

Old Tiger
07-09-2010, 07:25 PM
probably a vast majority of them are running their passing offense.

Yoe_09
07-09-2010, 07:27 PM
I havent actually seen our 7 on 7 play but im sure some of the plays have been incorporated in the offense since we run the spread and pass quite often.

On a side note I might be heading to Hilsboro here in a few weeks for a state baseball tournament and was wondering how it was?

Yoe_09
07-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
probably a vast majority of them are running their passing offense.

Hey now dont forget about Walmart.

Ernest T Bass
07-09-2010, 07:52 PM
We've always ran our own offense with a few strictly 7 on 7 plays thrown in. A few of those 7 on 7 plays have found their way into friday nights, though.

Eagle1
07-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Any play ran after 2.9 seconds will probably not work in real football and anything thrown within the box will not work well either. If teams are using these types of plays in 7 on 7 you probably won't see them run on friday night. If a team is consistently getting their passes off in less than 2.9 then they are probably plays they will use on friday nights.

Rabid Cougar
07-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09

On a side note I might be heading to Hilsboro here in a few weeks for a state baseball tournament and was wondering how it was?

Fields and facilities are typical city operated stuff, pretty nice for Texas Teenage. There are probably 10 motels , several of the normal interstate eateries. Closest campgrounds are out at Whitney State Park (about 15 miles)

Yoe_09
07-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Fields and facilities are typical city operated stuff, pretty nice for Texas Teenage. There are probably 10 motels , several of the normal interstate eateries. Closest campgrounds are out at Whitney State Park (about 15 miles)

Thanks for that...I think we have inquired on the Holiday Inn if im not mistaken. Just as long as there are some places to eat I think ill be fine.

jp744
07-09-2010, 09:30 PM
I know Brownwood was running their stuff. Somerset was running their stuff. I talked to Sonny Detmer on Thurs and he said I think we are the only team under center and chuckled about that. I think passing teams just run their offense and running teams sometimes run 7 on 7 offense and I saw some crazy plays out there today. Who cares! Depends on how well you execute plays and how good the trigger man is. Everyone has some athletes to throw the ball deep to it is those 6-9yd completions that win games for you. So it is really about the QB and REC and if they are on the same page and on time with the routes and ball.

Eagle1
07-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Thanks for that...I think we have inquired on the Holiday Inn if im not mistaken. Just as long as there are some places to eat I think ill be fine.

Mexican Restraunt off the square is very good. I would recommend it.

Yoe_09
07-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Eagle1
Mexican Restraunt off the square is very good. I would recommend it.

Whats the name of it ill get it on GPS if we head up there...see if it compares to Los Camales here in Cameron...what would you recommend?

LE Dad
07-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks for that...I think we have inquired on the Holiday Inn if im not mistaken. Just as long as there are some places to eat I think ill be fine. Lone Star (Steakhouse, I believe its termed ) had good food and good service. I was in a large group and they were able to get us in and taken care of with no problems. Should be plenty of other spots for outlet shoppers so food shouldn't be a problem.

Yoe_09
07-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Lone Star (Steakhouse, I believe its termed ) had good food and good service. I was in a large group and they were able to get us in and taken care of with no problems. Should be plenty of other spots for outlet shoppers so food shouldn't be a problem.

As long as I can stay away from a Sonic, Subway, Texas Burger, DQ, Golden Chic, and Pizza Hut I think ill be good...and any steak house has to be better than Bob's so I might give it a try.

BEAST
07-09-2010, 10:14 PM
We run 100% our normal stuff. 7 on 7, as fun as it is, is still just practice for the real deal.

BEAST

BaseballUmp
07-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Lone Star (Steakhouse, I believe its termed ) had good food and good service. I was in a large group and they were able to get us in and taken care of with no problems. Should be plenty of other spots for outlet shoppers so food shouldn't be a problem.

Dude i love Lone Star...used to have one in round rock and here in san marcos too i think but they are gone now

LE Dad
07-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Dude i love Lone Star...used to have one in round rock and here in san marcos too i think but they are gone now Oops!! Hope the one in Hillsboro is still there then. It has been a couple of years since I was there. It was some good food.

zebrablue2
07-09-2010, 11:13 PM
JMO-- 7 on 7 is a great thing, but it is missing the 4 hogs, and that is what makes the Friday night offense click:D Congrats to Wood on the win, and to the Yoe for giving it their all..

Yoe_09
07-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Oops!! Hope the one in Hillsboro is still there then. It has been a couple of years since I was there. It was some good food.

Not according to the Lone Start Steakhouse website(if this is the actual joint). http://www.lonestarsteakhouse.com/files/locations.aspx

BaseballUmp
07-09-2010, 11:26 PM
Wooooooooooooooooow!!!!!!!!! How do you have a restaurant called Lone Star and there isnt even one in Texas??? :doh: :doh: :doh:

Yoe_09
07-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Wooooooooooooooooow!!!!!!!!! How do you have a restaurant called Lone Star and there isnt even one in Texas??? :doh: :doh: :doh:

idk but the more I think about it I think I ate at a place called the Lone Star while in Tennessee

WOS87
07-09-2010, 11:32 PM
WO-S was a no-show on offense but had one of the best defenses of all of the bunch.... typical