PDA

View Full Version : Two Connecticut coaches charged for Heat related collapse

TexasHSFootball
07-08-2010, 11:57 AM
NECN Report: Two coaches charged for Heat collapse (http://www.necn.com/07/07/10/Football-player-collapses-in-the-heat-co/landing_newengland.html?blockID=267389&feedID=4206)

the very end of the Connecticut video just cracks me up.. other than that.. conflicting stories and a nurse takes action.. something tells me these coaches are trying the Kim Jong-il method of propaganda.

Looking4number8
07-08-2010, 05:51 PM
[i]

the very end of the Connecticut video just cracks me up.. [/B]

Must have been a slow news day

TexMike
07-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Slow news day?? Must have been a slow ticket writing day!

Rabid Cougar
07-08-2010, 06:42 PM
No wonder Connecticut is a hotbed of High School football.
6 30's with four minutes between them??????

bigwood33
07-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar

6 30's with four minutes between them??????

I was thinking the same thing. If those boys from Conn come on down to Texas about Aug 2nd, they will see EVERY high school player in the state working out in 100+ degree heat index weather and running MUCH more than 30 yard sprints! Somehow we seem to make it just fine. Man, I am glad I am from TX!

GreenMonster
07-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
I was thinking the same thing. If those boys from Conn come on down to Texas about Aug 2nd, they will see EVERY high school player in the state working out in 100+ degree heat index weather and running MUCH more than 30 yard sprints! Somehow we seem to make it just fine. Man, I am glad I am from TX! I was thinking the same thing. The parents of these children should be the one's getting the endangering charges filed against them for not pushing them out the door and out from in front of the tv, x-box, ps3, or whatever else kids today do. These coaches may have been saving those boys lives by working them out a little in the heat before they were subjected to the same heat with 25 + lbs of equipment on. The PD should be ashamed of themselves for arresting the coaches for simply doing their jobs. From what I read they were EXTREMELY careful and wasted little time getting the kid checked out by medical personell. Looks like they did everything right and are still being punished for it. WEAK!

BaseballUmp
07-08-2010, 10:59 PM
This is Bob Barker reminding you to have your pets registered with the city or you will have a warrant out for your arrest