PDA

View Full Version : Movies that should have NEVER been Remade

DDBooger
07-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Just got done watching Conan the Barbarian. They are planning to remake it. I just know it's going to end up like the Scorpion King type of movie.

Halloween - the first two were perfect. Did not need to be remade.

Old Tiger
07-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Just got done watching Conan the Barbarian. They are planning to remake it. I just know it's going to end up like the Scorpion King type of movie.

Halloween - the first two were perfect. Did not need to be remade. At least the Halloween remakes were good.

DDBooger
07-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
At least the Halloween remakes were good. Decent. They did do a good job of formulating how Michael Myers was made. However, Rob Zombie's style almost overshadowed the plot of the movie. He got a little spacey in the 2nd one.

Ernest T Bass
07-07-2010, 09:14 PM
How 'bout TV shows that were made into movies? Has there been a decent one yet?

DDBooger
07-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
How 'bout TV shows that were made into movies? Has there been a decent one yet? A-Team was pretty funny.

Ernest T Bass
07-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Mr. T didn't like it...

LE Dad
07-07-2010, 09:50 PM
I have yet to see a remake that just made me say "wow". Friday the 13th was interesting, but Halloween was not as sophisticated as Carpenters version. I wish they would try and take duds that could be improved and remake them. Some of these classics are hard to improve upon.

...and what the heck was "Prom Night" all about. I came expecting a remake and left scratching my head.

Old Tiger
07-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I have yet to see a remake that just made me say "wow". Friday the 13th was interesting, but Halloween was not as sophisticated as Carpenters version. I wish they would try and take duds that could be improved and remake them. Some of these classics are hard to improve upon.

...and what the heck was "Prom Night" all about. I came expecting a remake and left scratching my head. They're remaking Tron lol

TMer25
07-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
They're remaking Tron lol

It's a sequel

Farmersfan
07-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Best movie remakes:

1. The Thing
2. Scarface
3. The Man who knew too much.
4. Cape Fear
5. The Magnificent Seven
6. The Departed
7. The Fly
8. A Fistful of Dollars
9. Ocean's 11
10. A star is Born.

15. Little Shop of Horrors

19. Dawn of the Dead

25. The Thomas Crown Affair

http://insidemovies.moviefone.com/2010/04/15/best-movie-remakes/

Farmersfan
07-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Some others that I personally liked would be:

The Blob
War of the Worlds
3:10 to Yuma
The Bourne Identity
The Count of Monte Cristo
Clash of the Titans
the Hills have eyes
I am Legend

SWMustang
07-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Karate Kid, Can't Buy Me Love, etc. It seems like the theme is to replace the main character (usually white) with a black lead and pretend the movie has a new twist because of that. It's the same movie regardless and pretty gutless of Hollywood to be so scared to try something different.

Diocletian
07-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Movies that should NEVER have been remade...

Carrie,
Clash of the Titans,
Dawn of the Dead,
Godzilla,
Karate Kid,
The Longest Yard,
Planet of the Apes,
Psycho,
TX Chainsaw Massacre,

Movies that are excellent remakes...

Dark Knight,
3:10 to Yuma,
Count of Monte Cristo,
The Hills Have Eyes,
I am Legend,
Island of Dr Moreau,
Lord of the Flies,
Munich,
The Omen,

crzyjournalist03
07-09-2010, 11:03 AM
I thought Tim Burton's Alice and Wonderland and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory remakes were very good!

Txbroadcaster
07-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
Movies that should NEVER have been remade...

Carrie,

Dawn of the Dead,

disagree BIG TIME because it was not really a remake as much as a retelling and I thought done VERY well. It stands alone IMO