PDA

View Full Version : Ranger fan falls from 2nd deck

bwdlionfan
07-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Anyone here watching the game? Fan was reaching for a foul ball and fell over the rail. Was just taken off in a stretcher.

BaseballUmp
07-06-2010, 08:45 PM
very scary stuff

eagles_victory
07-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Anyone here watching the game? Fan was reaching for a foul ball and fell over the rail. Was just taken off in a stretcher. I was watching I had no idea what the loud noise was from by the crowd... you could tell by their reaction something real bad happened.

LE Dad
07-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Dang, that sucks. Thoughts and prayers for sure cause that was a long fall and if he/she landed on other people?? Bad deal.:(

bwdlionfan
07-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I was watching I had no idea what the loud noise was from by the crowd... you could tell by their reaction something real bad happened.

Same here, I wasn't looking at the TV but had it on, and I heard the reaction. I thought someone on the field got hit with a ball or bat. I never thought someone fell, but I have wondered at games before how no one has ever fell, those rails aren't very tall.

bwdlionfan
07-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Dang, that sucks. Thoughts and prayers for sure cause that was a long fall and if he/she landed on other people?? Bad deal.:(

I didn't see anyone else being tended to, but that's not to say the person didn't land on someone.

GrTigers6
07-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Same here, I wasn't looking at the TV but had it on, and I heard the reaction. I thought someone on the field got hit with a ball or bat. I never thought someone fell, but I have wondered at games before how no one has ever fell, those rails aren't very tall. A lady fell on the very first game at that ballpark

GrTigers6
07-06-2010, 09:17 PM
They just reported that the fan was stable and moving all extremeties and responsive
:clap:

eagleqb_14
07-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I was watching I had no idea what the loud noise was from by the crowd... you could tell by their reaction something real bad happened. yea i was watching to. you could just tell

eagleqb_14
07-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
They just reported that the fan was stable and moving all extremeties and responsive
:clap: good!!

LE Dad
07-06-2010, 09:28 PM
:clap: Thats good news.

BaseballUmp
07-06-2010, 09:30 PM
4 others were being attended to by ballpark staff

LE Dad
07-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
4 others were being attended to by ballpark staff Those 4, allbeit accidentally, probably saved this persons life. Hopefully all are minor injuries.

bwdlionfan
07-06-2010, 09:39 PM
A lady fell on the very first game at that ballpark

Really? From what level?

BaseballUmp
07-06-2010, 09:43 PM
from the 2nd level probably 30-45 foot fall

Ranger Mom
07-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
from the 2nd level probably 30-45 foot fall

ESPN was reporting between 50-60 feet!!:eek:

BullsFan
07-06-2010, 10:05 PM
The game announcers said the fan actually fell from the mezzanine, and that it was a fall of 20-30 feet. I would guess that's probably closer to correct than 50-60 because I think there would have been more injuries from a fall of that height.

Ranger Mom
07-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
The game announcers said the fan actually fell from the mezzanine, and that it was a fall of 20-30 feet. I would guess that's probably closer to correct than 50-60 because I think there would have been more injuries from a fall of that height.

That actually looked about right. I wasn't watching, but my husband was, and when they showed where he fell from and where he landed, it sure didn't look like 50 feet.

Sweetwater Red
07-06-2010, 10:12 PM
DA. He was probably drunk. :doh:

BullsFan
07-06-2010, 10:16 PM
It was the Lexus club level. A friend of mine is at the game and only two sections over from the guy who fell.

Z-RO
07-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
DA. He was probably drunk. :doh:

Apparently his name is Tyler and he is a flight paramedic for lifecare. The word is that he has a broken ankle and they were waiting for the cat scan results

waterboy
07-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
It was the Lexus club level. A friend of mine is at the game and only two sections over from the guy who fell.
I have sat in those same seats the guy who fell was in (1st row, Section 235). It is about 30', give or take a couple of feet. That had to have hurt. They didn't have the fall on camera (at least they didn't show it if they did), but judging by the screams of fans and the reactions of the players and umpire, I knew what had probably happened. Those rails are too low in my opinion, but if they made them any higher it would obstruct view. I would like to see them make the rail a foot or so higher to prevent this kind of thing in the future. I saw some players and fans immediately start praying after they saw it happen. Those prayers were answered because it could have been much worse. I'm surprised the man's injuries were not worse than they were.

Ranger Mom
07-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Apparently his name is Tyler and he is a flight paramedic for lifecare. The word is that he has a broken ankle and they were waiting for the cat scan results

He has a skull fracture also. Was moved to ICU for observation but expected to make a full recovery.

Lucky man!

LE Dad
07-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
He has a skull fracture also. Was moved to ICU for observation but expected to make a full recovery.

Lucky man! Very lucky, I guess sometimes you just react without thinking??

Emerson1
07-07-2010, 09:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf3Z0gwo73I

3afan
07-07-2010, 10:26 AM
I was P90X'ing with the sound down ... I had to stop & turn it up and watch for a few minutes ...

BullsFan
07-07-2010, 09:55 PM
They interviewed C.J. Wilson on the news this morning. He said the Cleveland players were really shook up, which makes sense since they had a direct view of what happened. The Rangers players in the dugout missed it.

Nolan Ryan has been to see the guy, and they apparently sent a good-sized gift package too.

Here's another vid link since the other one has already been pulled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFz93uOnyhc