PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Rose -vz- Everman

BurnetBandRules
11-01-2003, 11:08 PM
I think that this will be an interesting game. What are GR stats? I know this may be a little early for predictions but I was just wondering who should win this one. Thanks

EvermanStudent04
11-02-2003, 12:04 AM
everman

LT#71
11-02-2003, 12:37 AM
Im gonna have to go with EVERMAN. glen rose wont even be in this game at half time. The Kennadale game was a fluke as well as a lot of luck for glenrose i guess kennadales 8th graders couldnt hang with glenrose.glenrose's defense cant hold evermans running game.

Jaramillo54
11-02-2003, 11:40 PM
LT#71 said it good GR can't/wont beat Everman. GR did get lucky against Kennadale, I highly doubt that they can pull another upset friday night.

mc_roach
11-03-2003, 12:09 PM
every time that Glen Rose beats a big team its Lucky. Well all i can say is this school spirit is jumpin and we love our tigers and look for a hard game. We will never stop believing. GO GRHS!!

"WHAT FAT LADY"-mc roach

Matthew328
11-03-2003, 12:11 PM
If anyone thinks Everman is overlooking GR they are wrong...GR got the Bulldogs attention big time last week...Everman's D has made some big time adjustments and they seem to be working..look for Marcus Jamison who has been out the past 3 games to be back in the lineup and make Everman's ground game that much better...GR's offense looks to be hitting on all cylinders...I hope EHS is ready...it'll be fun! Any good spots to eat in Glen Rose by the way?

rholl
11-03-2003, 12:15 PM
Matt I was just gonna inquire about RB situation but I see you addressed it. There is an intersting little place right when you come into GR that is up on the hill on the left...you can hardly see it. Its kinda like "texas cuisine" quail, porkchops, catfish, that kinda thing...don't remember the name of it!

everman_guy
11-03-2003, 01:47 PM
The Everman coaching staff is hard at work, and the Bulldogs are rounding into playoff form it appears, as they do every year at this time.. They have played better and better each week (taking into account who they have played). The Bulldogs are going confidence (not overconfidence like other teams have become). Look for the Bulldogs to improve even more this week.

cheer4grhs05
11-03-2003, 02:35 PM
As mc_roach said it, yall all say its luck! Just bc we lost to Venus doesnt mean we arent any good. He also said, weve got the spirit. Everyone's pumped and ready to go. This is goin to be a great game and by the way Matt, theres a place called Chachis and its really really good! Hope to see all yall there for the game of the season! Go tigers!

spaniard
11-03-2003, 06:24 PM
rholl:
Matt I was just gonna inquire about RB situation but I see you addressed it. There is an intersting little place right when you come into GR that is up on the hill on the left...you can hardly see it. Its kinda like "texas cuisine" quail, porkchops, catfish, that kinda thing...don't remember the name of it!that place was called lewis and clark, but it got closed down and has been replaced now with a subpar steakhouse. i would recommend Hammond's bbq, or even the ranch house bbq place. hammond's is easy to see bc it has a big sign with a huge armadillo on it, and the ranch house is by the fina station as you come in heading west on 67. and if you want food quick fast and in a hurry, you can stop by the new sonic in town, across from chicken express.

grtigerchick
11-03-2003, 07:58 PM
Cheer and mc_roach are right.
Glen Rose is pumped up and ready to fight for that playoff spot. If Everman wants to win on Friday, they had better show up and play because i guarantee the Tigers will be ready.

Jaramillo54
11-03-2003, 11:49 PM
If everman play to what they are capable of GR won't stay on the field with Everman. I have my money on Everman this week.

CatsDen
11-04-2003, 07:18 AM
First of all, the Glen Rose win over Kennedale was not "luck". Glen Rose came and shocked a lot of people (including me)! They won that game-starting at the opening kick-off. Kennedale played the starters for the entire game, so don't cheapen the Glen Rose win. Kennedale made it interesting in the 4th quarter by mounting a strong comeback, but Glen Rose led for the entire game. Everman should not make the same mistake as Kennedale, but I won't say that Glen Rose doesn't have a chance. I was expecting Glen Rose to take some deep shot with that spread formation, but most of the passing was short and in the middle of the field. Feaster looked great! His passing was accurate and he had some nice runs mixed in.

HURDA72
11-04-2003, 09:15 AM
I think glen rose shoked the world yes but if EVERMAN plays like they should glen rose cant hang. glen rose is not as physical as EVERMAN
glen rose will wake up hurting saturday and who
ever goes up against brian jones their dt oooh
i feel sorry for you. glen rose did shock me by
beating kennedales 8th grade A team that wuz awsome go BULLDOGS.

Matthew328
11-04-2003, 01:06 PM
Glen Rose is gonna have to throw short quick passes...becuase I don't know how long their line will hold up against the Everman pass rush...especially with the adjustments the Everman staff has made...obviously Everman's DBs will have to tackle well as GR's recievers were breaking tackles all over the field last week..

CatsDen
11-04-2003, 01:16 PM
"as GR's recievers were breaking tackles all over the field last week.. " I thought that was the biggest difference in the game.

"Glen Rose is gonna have to throw short quick passes" That is exactly how their passing attack looked last week. I don't remember seeing Feaster go deep a lot, but he was dead on with the short dump passes.

I was also expecting Kennedale to go up top with David Collins, since he was much taller than the DB covering him and there was no Safety help over the top. I kept waiting for the fade to David, but it never happened.