PDA

View Full Version : Bosh to Cleveland?

coach
07-06-2010, 10:24 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5357607

i heard a story that the bulls were upset with what LBJ's entourage brought to the meetings. when i heard this i thought LBJ would be back in Cleveland. Looks like it could happen.

maestro
07-06-2010, 11:02 AM
good sign for cleveland because bosh is going to play with either LBJ OR WADE.

bosh knows that he cannot go at it alone.

coach
07-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by maestro
good sign for cleveland because bosh is going to play with either LBJ OR WADE.

bosh knows that he cannot go at it alone.

he is definitely a robin

SHSBulldog00
07-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Cleveland has not contacted Bosh or his agent.

eagles_victory
07-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Cleveland will miss the pieces they are losing if they do trade Bosh I still think they will need to add some things around Lebron.

forum_guy
07-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Just adding Bosh to the Cavs with what they have now will not get them a championship. Sorry. Maybe Bosh realizes this as well and the fact of playing in Cleveland instead of a bigger market Miami or Chicago doesn't look to appealing either.

maestro
07-06-2010, 12:56 PM
there is the rub....Bosh is practically begging LBJ to take chicago or miami. That would appeal to bosh more.

maestro
07-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Cleveland has not contacted Bosh or his agent.

where did coach hooker and the williams and wright kids end up for next season? thanks.

SHSBulldog00
07-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by maestro
where did coach hooker and the williams and wright kids end up for next season? thanks.

Williams is @ ATM Corpus and Wright is at Texas State.

Coach Hooker currently will be the Freshman Coach?

SHSBulldog00
07-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
Just adding Bosh to the Cavs with what they have now will not get them a championship. Sorry. Maybe Bosh realizes this as well and the fact of playing in Cleveland instead of a bigger market Miami or Chicago doesn't look to appealing either.

The exact details of the potential trade have not been solidified, but Toronto likely would get Anderson Varejao and/or J.J. Hickson, Delonte West and perhaps Anthony Parker. A draft pick could be involved as well.

Here is the latest.....

Yahoo! Sports reports that the Cavaliers do not think they will be able to trade for Chris Bosh, but the team remains confident that LeBron James will return to Cleveland as a free agent.

The Cavs do not feel that acquiring Bosh is make or break when it comes to James' decision.

eagleqb_14
07-06-2010, 06:31 PM
if Bosh goes and James stays they will be good

Bull's-eye
07-06-2010, 06:38 PM
RealGM is saying Bosh has been traded to Miami, but ESPN says it was only an example of a S-n-T & not a done deal. :confused:

maestro
07-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Williams is @ ATM Corpus and Wright is at Texas State.

Coach Hooker currently will be the Freshman Coach?

thanks. how did the shsu kats miss out on them??

SHSBulldog00
07-06-2010, 10:14 PM
IDK

Old Tiger
07-06-2010, 10:33 PM
If the Cavs can get Brenden Haywood also that would solidify a great lineup have you would have

5 - Brendan Haywood, 7'
4 - Chris Bosh, 6'10"
3 - LeBron James, 6'8"
2 - Anthony Parker, 6'6"
1 - Mo Williams, 6'1"

that would be a line up that could win it all.

poisoned10
07-07-2010, 08:14 AM
Just got a text alert from ESPN saying that Bosh and Wade will team up and play in Miami.

Is LeBron soon to follow?

Ex-Tiger2005
07-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
Just got a text alert from ESPN saying that Bosh and Wade will team up and play in Miami.

Is LeBron soon to follow?

if he wants to build a dynasty he will!

DDBooger
07-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Looks like it's Bosh to Miami. Where does that leave LBJ

DDBooger
07-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Lots of noise saying LBJ is following Bosh to Miami...crazy

Farmersfan
07-07-2010, 10:10 AM
I find it contrary to the "fair play" ideology for 2 or 3 superstars to get together and PLAN a dream team type situation for no other reason than to get a ring. Nothing would make me happier than to see these 3 go to Miami for less money and NEVER get their ring!!!!
I'm not a Yankees fan but isn't this the same thing? Really, how impressive is a championship for a team that spends more than twice as much money on payroll as all other teams they compete with???? Most of the Yankee's championships are tainted in my opinion and a LBJ championship in Miami would also be if he goes there under these conditions! If ALL teams don't have equal opportunity at the talent then it's not an even playing field.

maestro
07-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
If the Cavs can get Brenden Haywood also that would solidify a great lineup have you would have

5 - Brendan Haywood, 7'
4 - Chris Bosh, 6'10"
3 - LeBron James, 6'8"
2 - Anthony Parker, 6'6"
1 - Mo Williams, 6'1"

that would be a line up that could win it all.

apparently the big hold up was bosh did not want to play in cleveland.

poisoned10
07-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Even as a HUGE Lakers fan, I would love to see all 3 of them in one place. Not that I like the Heat or anything, I just think it would be pretty fun to have them all playing for the same team.

I'm still not sold that they would win any championships. Sure, they would have 3 of the best players in the league, but who would be left to play around them?

And something that is REALLY getting on my nerves is people saying that this will "dilute" their championships. WHO CARES?! I know if I was to win a championship, I wouldn't care who it was with. I would have a ring, while the other teams were wishing they had my bling.

Reporters will do anything to take away from a great situation.

I remember a few years ago when Craig Biggio got his 3000th hit and someone else hit a big milestone in the same week. ESPN started a poll asking which milestone was better. WHO CARES?! Why can't we just celebrate both instead of trying to down play one or the other.

Sorry for the rant. That crap just gets on my nerves and I have no one around to argue with about it right now.

poisoned10
07-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I find it contrary to the "fair play" ideology for 2 or 3 superstars to get together and PLAN a dream team type situation for no other reason than to get a ring. Nothing would make me happier than to see these 3 go to Miami for less money and NEVER get their ring!!!!
I'm not a Yankees fan but isn't this the same thing? Really, how impressive is a championship for a team that spends more than twice as much money on payroll as all other teams they compete with???? Most of the Yankee's championships are tainted in my opinion and a LBJ championship in Miami would also be if he goes there under these conditions! If ALL teams don't have equal opportunity at the talent then it's not an even playing field.

All teams do have an equal "opportunity" to all players. Opportunity doesn't always turn into "making it happen", though. The thing with the NBA is there is a salary cap, obviously, baseball doesn't have that. All teams have the same cap numbers. Some teams manage their contracts/players better than others.

Would you be upset of they signed 3 mid-talented players at the same contracts that were trying to win championships? Or are you just upset that 3 "superstars" want to play together to win championships?

Farmersfan
07-07-2010, 10:52 AM
All teams do have an equal "opportunity" to all players. Opportunity doesn't always turn into "making it happen", though. The thing with the NBA is there is a salary cap, obviously, baseball doesn't have that. All teams have the same cap numbers. Some teams manage their contracts/players better than others.

Would you be upset of they signed 3 mid-talented players at the same contracts that were trying to win championships? Or are you just upset that 3 "superstars" want to play together to win championships?

If Wade, Labron and Bosh go to Miami for fair market value then I have nothing to say about it. Those 3 alone will have a 70million + payroll. But it won't happen. Labron will have to agree to play in Miami for 10 mil a year less than he could get on the open market. So would Bosh and so would Wade! There is nothing "EQUAL" about that! The players are establishing a type of collusion in my opinion by setting a price for their services differently for 1 team than all the other teams that are in the market for their services. If it isn't a case of the highest bidder then it isn't equal opportunity!

LE Dad
07-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Even as a HUGE Lakers fan, I would love to see all 3 of them in one place. Not that I like the Heat or anything, I just think it would be pretty fun to have them all playing for the same team.

I'm still not sold that they would win any championships. Sure, they would have 3 of the best players in the league, but who would be left to play around them?

And something that is REALLY getting on my nerves is people saying that this will "dilute" their championships. WHO CARES?! I know if I was to win a championship, I wouldn't care who it was with. I would have a ring, while the other teams were wishing they had my bling.

I remember a few years ago when Craig Biggio got his 3000th hit and someone else hit a big milestone in the same week. ESPN started a poll asking which milestone was better. WHO CARES?! Why can't we just celebrate both instead of trying to down play one or the other.

Sorry for the rant. That crap just gets on my nerves and I have no one around to argue with about it right now. I agree, totally.

LE Dad
07-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
If Wade, Labron and Bosh go to Miami for fair market value then I have nothing to say about it. Those 3 alone will have a 70million + payroll. But it won't happen. Labron will have to agree to play in Miami for 10 mil a year less than he could get on the open market. So would Bosh and so would Wade! There is nothing "EQUAL" about that! The players are establishing a type of collusion in my opinion by setting a price for their services differently for 1 team than all the other teams that are in the market for their services. If it isn't a case of the highest bidder then it isn't equal opportunity! If I have 2 job offers... 1 pays me more but the other employs my friend, could offer better benefits and I could move later on; then it should be my choice.
Get the ring while you can, just don't sign long term deal and the $$ will still be there.

eagles_victory
07-07-2010, 11:25 AM

Sorry for the rant. That crap just gets on my nerves and I have no one around to argue with about it right now. It will hurt Lebrons legacy bad if he goes to Miami. There is really no question about that.

Old Tiger
07-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Listening to the Bosh/Wade interview on ESPN right now sounds like they might take less than the max that way they can free up space for LeBron to get his max.

Txbroadcaster
07-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
It will hurt Lebrons legacy bad if he goes to Miami. There is really no question about that.

I think that is overblown...If they end up winning 5 titles in 7 years his legacy will be just fine

Also..why do people care so much about a legacy now? We cant just enjoy the ride anymore? We already worry to much about someone's place in history before their career is even over

big daddy russ
07-07-2010, 12:31 PM
If all three go to Miami, who will run the offense? Who can consistently hit from long range, and who will be their go-to defender?

Wade and LeBron can both make amazing passes, but also tend to dominate the ball and have never been able to run a team. Neither is a consistent threat from 18' out, and both are only spotty on-ball defenders (despite what everyone says about LeBron's defense, which is actually inferior to Wade's).

Don't know who in the NBA could fill the void needed on the perimeter. Kirk Hinrich would've probably been the best fit, except that he's not quite the floor general they need and would be a burden on their payroll. John Salmons plays defense and has a solid mid-range jumper, but wouldn't be the distributor they need nor the three-point threat. Andre Miller would grease the wheels of the offense, but can't open up the offense from long range and isn't an elite defender.

Really, they need to get another long big who can play tough man defense (Haslem's too short and Haywood's more of a help/shotblocker-type) to free up Bosh to roam the middle. If they could figure out a way to funnel opposing guards into the middle and have some length to make shots difficult, then they may have a shot on defense. But if Bosh continues to get lost in the crowd (lack of basketball IQ) and Mario Chalmers starts the season at the point (a shoot-first PG is great on a team with limited offensive options, awful on a team with three elite options), they'll struggle to defend and fight for the ball.

The type of team that can make it to the ECF on talent alone, but will likely be exposed somewhere before a Naismith Trophy.

Pick6
07-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I think that is overblown...If they end up winning 5 titles in 7 years his legacy will be just fine

Also..why do people care so much about a legacy now? We cant just enjoy the ride anymore? We already worry to much about someone's place in history before their career is even over

Even Barkley said LJB will be tarnished if he goes to Miami. I think all the players worry about their legacy.

Farmersfan
07-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

How about the legacy of a lot of other players that will be effected by this kind of move. If Lebron, Wade and Bosh manage 5 titles in 7 years then that is 5 titles that could have possibly gone to Kobe, Dirk, Pierce or Duncan ect! Creating a "Dream Team" just to go after titles has a negative effect on a lot of other things in the NBA. I would prefer a team be built over time through the draft and a sprinkling of free agents to fill needed gaps.
But the reality is that this probably won't happen. Even if these 3 go to Miami there is a better than good chance it fails miserably. It is pretty rare that a title is won through free agency. Even the lakers and Celtics signed free agents to fill needs on teams built through the draft............