PDA

View Full Version : Question about FAFSA/Institutions

Old Tiger
07-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Can a institution(community college) deny you the right to your Pell grant from the government just because you plan to transfer after a year?

Z-RO
07-05-2010, 07:41 PM
As long as you don't owe any money for any past classes your answer is no. Whats going on?

Blastoderm55
07-05-2010, 09:40 PM
You receive your Pell award on an annual basis that is dispersed in the Fall, Spring, and, if applicable, Summer semesters. Anything you receive in excess of tuition, fees, and institutional charges is yours to use however you see fit, regardless of your plans to transfer. Considering it is a community college, the plan to transfer should come as no shock to them.

You can, however, receive aid from only one school during a single academic year. For example, I received a grant and scholarship from my four-year institution, but am not able to receive aid from the community college through which I am completing some prerequisites.

BaseballUmp
07-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Did you tell them you were going to transfer? Shouldn't have said anything lol but naw my gf is taking a few summer classes at blinn right now but she is paying for those out of pocket because she has already been granted fin aid at Texas State.....idk about your situation, but i dont see why they wouldnt grant you any aid