PDA

View Full Version : first domino falls for NBA free agency

coach
07-05-2010, 06:05 PM
amare stoudemire agrees with a 5 yr 100 mil contract with the New York Knicks

sinfan75
07-05-2010, 07:51 PM
I hate to say but they need to do somethin about the salaries or pro sports will be out of business.

Emerson1
07-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
I hate to say but they need to do somethin about the salaries or pro sports will be out of business.
The Knicks can afford it. Even being terrible they are at the top of the league in attendance.

TexMike
07-05-2010, 07:56 PM
No they won't. As long as we are willing to waste our lives sitting in front of wide screen TVs at home or in a bar watching sports, there will be a way to get the money to pay these salaries. I am waiting for networks to start charging fees to watch the games.

coach
07-05-2010, 09:05 PM
i hate when ppl complain about pro athletes salaries...its so annoying..especially on a freakin sports forum

Old Tiger
07-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by coach
i hate when ppl complain about pro athletes salaries...its so annoying..especially on a freakin sports forum Its cool they can stay refreshed with this beverage

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YZNQ89yE-uQ/SyKscRw9sdI/AAAAAAAAAhQ/nS6z6Vweclo/s400/haterade.gif

LE Dad
07-05-2010, 10:12 PM
I'm not questioning salaries in general but is he really worth that? I am just not sure, but I guess NY thinks so...

LE Dad
07-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by TexMike
I am waiting for networks to start charging fees to watch the games. That could happen, but I think the networks would think long and hard about it.

maestro
07-05-2010, 10:15 PM
that fits his style. knicks have let it be known that they want lbj to be the nash version of the offense. I'm really surprised that johnson did not go back into a system that fit him also.

coach
07-06-2010, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by maestro
that fits his style. knicks have let it be known that they want lbj to be the nash version of the offense. I'm really surprised that johnson did not go back into a system that fit him also.

what are you talking about...the coach is the former suns cpach D'antoni made the nash and stoudemire connection

eagles_victory
07-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
That could happen, but I think the networks would think long and hard about it. Advertising they make so much money on advertising. There not going to make you pay to watch the Super Bowl and still be able to charge the astronomical amount they charge for a commercial.

Plus NBA players are getting huge contracts because the owners believe they are going to be able to re coop some of that money in the CBA. The next CBA has the potential to get real ugly. If you want to question a salary question Darko getting paid 4 million dollars a year.

TexMike
07-06-2010, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Advertising they make so much money on advertising. There not going to make you pay to watch the Super Bowl and still be able to charge the astronomical amount they charge for a commercial.

Plus NBA players are getting huge contracts because the owners believe they are going to be able to re coop some of that money in the CBA. The next CBA has the potential to get real ugly. If you want to question a salary question Darko getting paid 4 million dollars a year.

At some point advertisers are going to put a cap on what they will spend. Once that happens, the viewer has to start paying something. They have MBA's who will do the math and figure out how much and in what manner they (the networks) can charge and still maintain enough viewers that the advertisers will pay .

maestro
07-06-2010, 07:58 AM
what are you talking about...the coach is the former suns cpach D'antoni made the nash and stoudemire connection

yes, they are trying to sell lbj to come be the " steve nash " of new york. basically running the suns offense.

Farmersfan
07-06-2010, 08:34 AM
The joke is on the Knicks. Without Steve Nash to feed Stoudemire the pick and roll they wont get near the production out of him that Phoenix got! Stoudemire will become a 12 to 15 point a game player. He will get his rebounds but I don't think a 12 point, 10 rebound per night player is worth 20 mil a season.
And lbj could never be the Steve Nash of that team. Labron would do nothing but take production away from Stoudemire rather than making him better.

Txbroadcaster
07-06-2010, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Labron would do nothing but take production away from Stoudemire rather than making him better.

in theory your right..BUT James did average 8.6 assits last year just 3 behind Nash, and I think a finisher like Amare would give him at least 2-3 more a game

Old Tiger
07-06-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm not questioning salaries in general but is he really worth that? I am just not sure, but I guess NY thinks so... Not really.... a great offensive player though.

coach
07-06-2010, 10:15 AM
The joke is on the Knicks. Without Steve Nash to feed Stoudemire the pick and roll they wont get near the production out of him that Phoenix got! Stoudemire will become a 12 to 15 point a game player. He will get his rebounds but I don't think a 12 point, 10 rebound per night player is worth 20 mil a season.
And lbj could never be the Steve Nash of that team. Labron would do nothing but take production away from Stoudemire rather than making him better.

lebron makes everyone better

LE Dad
07-06-2010, 10:21 AM
And lbj could never be the Steve Nash of that team. Labron would do nothing but take production away from Stoudemire rather than making him better. LBJ is a very good ball distributer. He just really does not have anyone to distrbute it to at the moment. I think I would have nailed LBJ down first though because unless they have a plan B I think they will not get what they are paying for out of Stoudmire

coach
07-06-2010, 10:34 AM
LBJ is a very good ball distributer. He just really does not have anyone to distrbute it to at the moment. I think I would have nailed LBJ down first though because unless they have a plan B I think they will not get what they are paying for out of Stoudmire

only problem is lbj is playing this wait and see game, which i dont blame him, so you really cant wait for him bc if you put all your time with lbj and dont get him then you dont get anyone. go ahead and get somebody that is pretty good and remember carmelo will be a free agent next yr. they would be pretty solid with melo and amare on the floor

STANG RED
07-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Now that Cleveland is ready to pull out all stops to keep Lebron there, I'm not sure he's going anywhere now. From what I saw yesterday, they seem to be prepared to do what ever it takes to keep him.

coach
07-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Now that Cleveland is ready to pull out all stops to keep Lebron there, I'm not sure he's going anywhere now. From what I saw yesterday, they seem to be prepared to do what ever it takes to keep him.

you are correct.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5357607

LE Dad
07-06-2010, 10:54 AM
only problem is lbj is playing this wait and see game, which i dont blame him, so you really cant wait for him bc if you put all your time with lbj and dont get him then you dont get anyone. go ahead and get somebody that is pretty good and remember carmelo will be a free agent next yr. they would be pretty solid with melo and amare on the floor True, if that is their plan B then I could see that working and obviously 1 more year of suffering is no big deal for Knicks fans at this point.

coach
07-06-2010, 10:58 AM
True, if that is their plan B then I could see that working and obviously 1 more year of suffering is no big deal for Knicks fans at this point.

i mean i see where you are going with your previous post buts its kinda like the old saying Dont pput all your eggs in one basket....but then again...this lbj kid is so good he makes you do things you wouldnt ordinarily do

maestro
07-06-2010, 11:00 AM
I think I would have nailed LBJ down first though because unless they have a plan B I think they will not get what they are paying for out of Stoudmire [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with that. amare without and pick and roll point guard is not worth the money.

Farmersfan
07-06-2010, 11:47 AM
LBJ is a very good ball distributer. He just really does not have anyone to distrbute it to at the moment. I think I would have nailed LBJ down first though because unless they have a plan B I think they will not get what they are paying for out of Stoudmire

He is a very good ball distributer!!! To other players on the outside as he is driving to the basket. stoudemire is a catch and dunk player just like lbj likes to do. And lbj is not even in the same hemisphere as Steve Nash is in ball distribution in the pick and roll or pick and slash offense. If you can't get Stoudmire the ball in a 1 dribble and dunk scenerio he is half as productive.

coach
07-06-2010, 11:49 AM
He is a very good ball distributer!!! To other players on the outside as he is driving to the basket. stoudemire is a catch and dunk player just like lbj likes to do. And lbj is not even in the same hemisphere as Steve Nash is in ball distribution in the pick and roll or pick and slash offense. If you can't get Stoudmire the ball in a 1 dribble and dunk scenerio he is half as productive.

nash is prob the best ball distributor in the league but lbj is pretty dang good...if you watch him at all he can distribute to anywhere on the court...not just the drive and kickout...if lbj teams up with amare they would be lethal

Old Tiger
07-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Bosh seems more worried about money than championships.

coach
07-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger

he kinda has a big ego about himself

LE Dad
07-06-2010, 12:14 PM
He is a very good ball distributer!!! To other players on the outside as he is driving to the basket. stoudemire is a catch and dunk player just like lbj likes to do. And lbj is not even in the same hemisphere as Steve Nash is in ball distribution in the pick and roll or pick and slash offense. If you can't get Stoudmire the ball in a 1 dribble and dunk scenerio he is half as productive. LBJ is forced to drive to the hoop right now because no one else on that team can get to the hoop. Look at some of his HS highlights and you will see the kid can distribute from the outside also. Is he Nash? NO but then again Nash is no LBJ either. It is also not a must that the Knicks get LBJ but they do need someone to feed the ball to Amare and getting a guy who can create his own shot, like LBJ, would sure be a plus.

LE Dad
07-06-2010, 12:15 PM
nash is prob the best ball distributor in the league but lbj is pretty dang good...if you watch him at all he can distribute to anywhere on the court...not just the drive and kickout...if lbj teams up with amare they would be lethal I agree.

maestro
07-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger

agree.