PDA

View Full Version : Tall Ships attacked by "Pirates"

MUSTANG69
07-05-2010, 08:10 AM
The Tall Ships were in Ingleside at the naval base for the 4TH of July holidays. Mrs. M69 and I attended the celebration on Saturday. These four ships were just magnificent. The food was great and the beer was cold. The Asleep at the Wheel performance was outstanding. However, the festivities were halted temporarily when a group of "Pirates" tried to raid the ship from Uraguay. The Pirates were immediately apprehended. When questioned by the San Patricio County Sheriff's Dept. it was determined that these people were 3ADL Sinton Pirate posters who had got drunk on Old Milwaukee beer that they bought on sale at Walmart. The Pirates told the authorities that they saw the BLUE & White flag flying from the ship and thought it was an Ingleside Mustang secret training camp. Charges are pending.

sinton66
07-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Charges are pending.

What do you think the Tall Ships will charge Ingleside for flag infringement?:D

LE Dad
07-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
The Tall Ships were in Ingleside at the naval base for the 4TH of July holidays. Mrs. M69 and I attended the celebration on Saturday. These four ships were just magnificent. The food was great and the beer was cold. The Asleep at the Wheel performance was outstanding. However, the festivities were halted temporarily when a group of "Pirates" tried to raid the ship from Uraguay. The Pirates were immediately apprehended. When questioned by the San Patricio County Sheriff's Dept. it was determined that these people were 3ADL Sinton Pirate posters who had got drunk on Old Milwaukee beer that they bought on sale at Walmart. The Pirates told the authorities that they saw the BLUE & White flag flying from the ship and thought it was an Ingleside Mustang secret training camp. Charges are pending. :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D

Phil C
07-05-2010, 11:13 AM
:eek: :D

It must have been Rockport Pirates since they have access to ships more easily than Sinton or Mathis. :)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
:eek: :D

It must have been Rockport Pirates since they have access to ships more easily than Sinton or Mathis. :)

I figured you would be the only person to like this.

MUSTANG69
07-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I figured you would be the only person to like this.

Like what?

sinfan75
07-05-2010, 07:30 PM
People in Sinton don't drink Old Milwaulke..or however it's spelled! FALSE ARREST!! unless it was free.. maybe.

sinton66
07-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
People in Sinton don't drink Old Milwaulke..or however it's spelled! FALSE ARREST!! unless it was free.. maybe.
Nah, not if anybody was watchin.:D

AP Panther Fan
07-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Darn it, I wanted to go to this on Saturday. I kept waiting thinking it would cool off a bit and then heard you couldn't tour the ships past 5:00 so I blew it off.

Sounds like the other festivities might have been just as much fun. My folks (live in Ingleside) came by on Saturday and said the traffic in town was incredible. I hope they had a good turnout and all those crazy pirates had a good time.:D

MUSTANG69
07-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Darn it, I wanted to go to this on Saturday. I kept waiting thinking it would cool off a bit and then heard you couldn't tour the ships past 5:00 so I blew it off.

Sounds like the other festivities might have been just as much fun. My folks (live in Ingleside) came by on Saturday and said the traffic in town was incredible. I hope they had a good turnout and all those crazy pirates had a good time.:D

Mrs. M69 and I were there from 3:30 til 10:00 Saturday. It really was a great time and there were a lot of people there. Sorry you didn't make it. The ships were very impressive.