PDA

View Full Version : Rockets could land Bosh

SHSBulldog00
07-02-2010, 12:14 AM
To land Bosh, the Rockets would have to work a sign-and-trade with the Raptors. The team could offer a players like

Jordan Hill, Aaron Brooks and the expiring contracts of Jared Jeffries and David Andersen for Bosh.

They also have restricted free agent Luis Scola that they could offer in a sign-and-trade.

The Rockets also have the right to swap picks w/Knicks in 2011 and own a protected Knicks pick in 2012. In other words, they have a ton of assets.

Not all would be traded but this is what Houston could use in a sign and trade with Toronto. I say keep Brooks and Scola.

If not look for them to target Stoudemire.

Old Tiger
07-02-2010, 12:18 AM
That would be a terrible decision for the rockets. Getting rid of Brooks or Scola is bad because Yao can not stay healthy at all.

eagles_victory
07-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
To land Bosh, the Rockets would have to work a sign-and-trade with the Raptors. The team could offer a players like

Jordan Hill, Aaron Brooks and the expiring contracts of Jared Jeffries and David Andersen for Bosh.

They also have restricted free agent Luis Scola that they could offer in a sign-and-trade.

The Rockets also have the right to swap picks w/Knicks in 2011 and own a protected Knicks pick in 2012. In other words, they have a ton of assets.

Not all would be traded but this is what Houston could use in a sign and trade with Toronto. I say keep Brooks and Scola.

If not look for them to target Stoudemire. Unlikely but possible I still think Bosh wants to play Robin to a Wade or Lebrons batman though.

coach
07-02-2010, 12:26 AM
i doubt it happens it too

injuredinmelee
07-02-2010, 04:46 AM
and I could win the lottery sat night... their chances are onlySLIGHTLY better.

Bull's-eye
07-02-2010, 10:49 AM
The Rockets can offer Bosh a better financial windfall than any other team. He would get the mamimum amount through a sign-n-trade, but it would be the China market that puts him over the top. For years, Tracy McGrady was the top seller when it came to selling jerseys. Most Rocket players (even the non-stars) have a chinese shoe endorsement deal. A past game matching Yao vs Yi Jianlian drew more tv viewers than several super bowls put together. The Rockets chances are slim, but if Bosh wants to make the most money, Houston has a shot.

eagles_victory
07-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
The Rockets can offer Bosh a better financial windfall than any other team. He would get the mamimum amount through a sign-n-trade, but it would be the China market that puts him over the top. For years, Tracy McGrady was the top seller when it came to selling jerseys. Most Rocket players (even the non-stars) have a chinese shoe endorsement deal. A past game matching Yao vs Yi Jianlian drew more tv viewers than several super bowls put together. The Rockets chances are slim, but if Bosh wants to make the most money, Houston has a shot. Thats about the only pitch Houston can make you trade Brooks and he has very little around him. He has had to try to make the playoffs his whole career with minimal talent around him not sure he is willing to sign up for more.

SHSBulldog00
07-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Houston could offer

Jordan Hill, Jared Jefferies, David Anderson and Luis Scola along with a 1st Rd pick in 2011.

This will help clear some cap space and room at the Forward Position.

Bull's-eye
07-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Thats about the only pitch Houston can make you trade Brooks and he has very little around him. He has had to try to make the playoffs his whole career with minimal talent around him not sure he is willing to sign up for more.

Actually, the Rockets have many other assests than just Brooks. Yao Ming (when healthy) is one of the top centers in the game. Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Trevor Ariza, Shane Battier & Kyle Lowry make up a good nucleus of players. Last year rookies Chase Budinger & Jordan Hill (8th pick) are promising players and the Rockets just got the 14th player in this year's draft Patrick Patterson. The Rockets also own the New York 2012 first round pick and the right to swap 2011 picks. These picks are very valuable resorces, especially if the Knicks strike out in the free agent market. Don't forget, the 2009 Rockets were the only team to take the champion Lakers to 7 games and if not for losing Yao, they had a shot to win that series.

icu812
07-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Unlikely but possible I still think Bosh wants to play Robin to a Wade or Lebrons batman though.

Actually, Bosh has said publicly he wants to go to a team centered around him. He thinks he's batman.

eagles_victory
07-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Actually, the Rockets have many other assests than just Brooks. Yao Ming (when healthy) is one of the top centers in the game. Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Trevor Ariza, Shane Battier & Kyle Lowry make up a good nucleus of players. Last year rookies Chase Budinger & Jordan Hill (8th pick) are promising players and the Rockets just got the 14th player in this year's draft Patrick Patterson. The Rockets also own the New York 2012 first round pick and the right to swap 2011 picks. These picks are very valuable resorces, especially if the Knicks strike out in the free agent market. Don't forget, the 2009 Rockets were the only team to take the champion Lakers to 7 games and if not for losing Yao, they had a shot to win that series. When is the last time he was healthy? Kevin Martin has never won anything in his career. Ariza, Battier and Lowry are good role players but you put Bosh with that roster your very lucky to make the playoffs.

Originally posted by icu812
Actually, Bosh has said publicly he wants to go to a team centered around him. He thinks he's batman. Sure he is going to say that but if he really believes it why wouldn't he just sign with someone instead of waiting for Lebron to sign. Its not for money because he is going to get a max deal either way most likely. He'll never even reach a conference finals if he doesn't get on board with another superstar.

Bull's-eye
07-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Houston chances just got better! Recent reports say that Bosh is leaning toward a sign-n-trade. I guess Bosh doesn't want to leave 30 million on the table. Rumors say Chicago is in the mix, but they didn't want to give up Noah.

Jim Rome just reported something about the Rockets being a dark-horse to get LBJ.

Bull's-eye
07-02-2010, 01:21 PM
When is the last time he was healthy? Kevin Martin has never won anything in his career. Ariza, Battier and Lowry are good role players but you put Bosh with that roster your very lucky to make the playoffs.

Yao has battled his share of injuries, but most of his recent problems has been with his feet. His last surgery reconstructed his foot to take the pressure off the problem area.

I heard reports that adding Bosh could make the Rockets a 60 win team. Remember the 2008-09 team won 53 games and the 2007-08 team won 55 games. Both of those seasons, the Rockets lost Yao or McGrady to injuries. Last season, the Rockets lost their 2 best players and still managed to have a winning season. Yes, Martin has never won a championship, but that doesn't mean he is not a good player. Ariza won a ring with the Lakers, but that doesn't make him better than Dirk.

Bull's-eye
07-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Chad Ford answered the question on whether Houston has a shot at Bosh...his response:

"I think they're a dark horse ... if not for Bosh .. then someone else. They have so many valuable assets and want to land a star. If Bosh wants to win, he has to take them seriously.

eagles_victory
07-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Yao has battled his share of injuries, but most of his recent problems has been with his feet. His last surgery reconstructed his foot to take the pressure off the problem area.

I heard reports that adding Bosh could make the Rockets a 60 win team. Remember the 2008-09 team won 53 games and the 2007-08 team won 55 games. Both of those seasons, the Rockets lost Yao or McGrady to injuries. Last season, the Rockets lost their 2 best players and still managed to have a winning season. Yes, Martin has never won a championship, but that doesn't mean he is not a good player. Ariza won a ring with the Lakers, but that doesn't make him better than Dirk. Ariza is a role player Martin was the star in Sacremento and couldn't lead them to victories imo he is a great scorer but that is about all he brings to the table. The main thing that worries me about Yao is he is having problems with his feet when men his size start having trouble with their feet they are usually never the same.

big daddy russ
07-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Ariza is a role player Martin was the star in Sacremento and couldn't lead them to victories imo he is a great scorer but that is about all he brings to the table. The main thing that worries me about Yao is he is having problems with his feet when men his size start having trouble with their feet they are usually never the same.
I'd agree with all that. I'd also say that Yao is the best center in the league when healthy, healthy being the key word.

The current crop of centers is pretty weak. Only true competition out there are Pau Gasol (long and skilled, but isn't an elite athlete and can still be pushed around, no matter what Dick Bavetta thinks) and Dwight Howard (athletically freakish, but no offensive game outside dunks and putbacks). Dwight's basically a longer Amare Stoudemire with some basketball IQ.

The next tier down includes Stoudemire (plays center enough), an aging Tim Duncan, and Chris Kaman.

Not exactly the days when Hakeem, the Admiral, Brad Daugherty, Kareem, Moses Malone, Robert Parish, and Patrick Ewing were banging against each other on a nightly basis.

With a frontcourt that includes a healthy Yao, Chris Bosh, Ariza, Scola, and Battier (sans one or two), the Rockets could dominate the paint on a nightly basis.

Spread It Out
07-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Not exactly the days when Hakeem, the Admiral, Brad Daugherty, Kareem, Moses Malone, Robert Parish, and Patrick Ewing were banging against each other on a nightly basis.

LOL

Bull's-eye
07-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Ariza is a role player Martin was the star in Sacremento and couldn't lead them to victories imo he is a great scorer but that is about all he brings to the table. The main thing that worries me about Yao is he is having problems with his feet when men his size start having trouble with their feet they are usually never the same.

The Rockets don't consider Martin to be their #1 option. Yao & Bosh would be the go-to guys and the ones to lead this team. Most of their offense starts with Brooks breaking down the defense, Martin would not be the primary option. Remember, this is a team game. I don't like when people pin winning or losing on one player. There are HOF players without rings and there are also bad players that are lucky enough to be part of a winning team.

Yao's health is always a concern, but the Rockets feel like they have addressed the problems with his feet. The Houston orginzation feel that a healthy Yao and somebody like Bosh could make them contenders.

SHSBulldog00
07-02-2010, 03:25 PM

Jim Rome just reported something about the Rockets being a dark-horse to get LBJ.

LOL!:clap:

Spread It Out
07-02-2010, 03:33 PM
healthy Yao

Oxymoron.

eagles_victory
07-02-2010, 03:34 PM
The Rockets don't consider Martin to be their #1 option. Yao & Bosh would be the go-to guys and the ones to lead this team. Most of their offense starts with Brooks breaking down the defense, Martin would not be the primary option. Remember, this is a team game. I don't like when people pin winning or losing on one player. There are HOF players without rings and there are also bad players that are lucky enough to be part of a winning team.

Yao's health is always a concern, but the Rockets feel like they have addressed the problems with his feet. The Houston orginzation feel that a healthy Yao and somebody like Bosh could make them contenders. Im sure those hall of fame guys at least made the playoffs once every 5 years. Houston and San Antonio fans always knock Dirk on this board for not having won a title. I have nothing against Kevin Martin but he is not a complete player.

Bull's-eye
07-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Im sure those hall of fame guys at least made the playoffs once every 5 years. Houston and San Antonio fans always knock Dirk on this board for not having won a title. I have nothing against Kevin Martin but he is not a complete player.

I agree Kevin Martin is not a complete player, but most NBA players don't have the whole package. Not sure how this became all about him, when we were discussing what a Bosh could do to help the Rockets. (I think you were the one to go that direction)

Dirk has been a money player, but like I said, you can't pin winning or losing on one player. Tell Cuban to call the Rockets, I'm sure they would take Dirk off his hands. :D

eagles_victory
07-02-2010, 04:05 PM
I agree Kevin Martin is not a complete player, but most NBA players don't have the whole package. Not sure how this became all about him, when we were discussing what a Bosh could do to help the Rockets. (I think you were the one to go that direction)

Dirk has been a money player, but like I said, you can't pin winning or losing on one player. Tell Cuban to call the Rockets, I'm sure they would take Dirk off his hands. :D Just saying Houston's core is not nearly as good as you are making them out to be. I addressed several of your players not just Martin.

Bull's-eye
07-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Just saying Houston's core is not nearly as good as you are making them out to be. I addressed several of your players not just Martin.

I think I proved that they are a 50+ win team with a healthy Yao They won 55 & 53 games just a couple of seasons ago. If Bosh it that good, why shouldn't they win more games?

JasperDog94
07-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Thats about the only pitch Houston can make you trade Brooks and he has very little around him. He has had to try to make the playoffs his whole career with minimal talent around him not sure he is willing to sign up for more. Actually a huge pitch that any Texas team can offer is NO STATE INCOME TAX. That is a ton of money when you have a max contract. On a 100 million dollar contract that would be about 10 million bucks. Not exactly chump change.

eagles_victory
07-02-2010, 06:28 PM
I think I proved that they are a 50+ win team with a healthy Yao They won 55 & 53 games just a couple of seasons ago. If Bosh it that good, why shouldn't they win more games? A couple of years ago isn't now and Yao has to prove he can stay healthy and be the same player he once was with his health concerns thats a big ?... but back to the original topic its looking unlikely Bosh will sign with Houston but at this point who can really tell with all the speculation.

Originally posted by JasperDog94
Actually a huge pitch that any Texas team can offer is NO STATE INCOME TAX. That is a ton of money when you have a max contract. On a 100 million dollar contract that would be about 10 million bucks. Not exactly chump change. Hasn't really worked before as a sales pitch for any of the 3 teams.

big daddy russ
07-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Actually a huge pitch that any Texas team can offer is NO STATE INCOME TAX. That is a ton of money when you have a max contract. On a 100 million dollar contract that would be about 10 million bucks. Not exactly chump change.
No state income tax if he goes to Miami.

Bull's-eye
07-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Wade & Bosh are currently meeting with Chicago. :(

SHSBulldog00
07-02-2010, 10:36 PM
If Wade and LeBron go to Chicago does that increase Houston's chances for Bosh?

Bull's-eye
07-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Stephen A Smith is now reporting that Bosh is working with Houston & Toronto on a sign-n-trade. It seems Bosh wants a 6 yr max deal more than taking less money to play with James & Wade.

http://stephena.com/?p=953

Bull's-eye
07-02-2010, 11:43 PM
If Wade and LeBron go to Chicago does that increase Houston's chances for Bosh?

I would think so, but I don't think Chicago can sign 2 max players without doing a S-N-T. Miami doesn't have the players and Cleveland said they would not do one. If Chicago goes after Bosh & Wade, Toronto wanted Noah and the Bulls were not willing to part with him. Several other teams are trying to get James to team up with other free agents like Amare & Johnson. Now Wade is thinking he could get left out, so he is having discussions with Chicago & NY. Bosh wants the max money & a 6 yr deal, so that means he has to do a S-N-T. This is where Houston comes in play.

eagles_victory
07-03-2010, 01:41 AM
I would think so, but I don't think Chicago can sign 2 max players without doing a S-N-T. Miami doesn't have the players and Cleveland said they would not do one. If Chicago goes after Bosh & Wade, Toronto wanted Noah and the Bulls were not willing to part with him. Several other teams are trying to get James to team up with other free agents like Amare & Johnson. Now Wade is thinking he could get left out, so he is having discussions with Chicago & NY. Bosh wants the max money & a 6 yr deal, so that means he has to do a S-N-T. This is where Houston comes in play. Chicago can sign 2 max contracts currently and can sign a third if they get Loul Deng off the books is my understanding.

maestro
07-03-2010, 09:07 AM
I'm sorry but...

this whole process reminds of years gone by and little league dads and players who said, " give me all of the best players on one team i.e destroy the draft process, and I'll show you good coaching and produce a winner. "

if people are taking note, very few " all star " teams have won NBA championships lately.

is it going to end up being the Olympic team vs the rest of the league?

competitive balance??

although I will add that the NBA commissioner has gone on record saying that dynasties promote interest in the NBA, not balance.

ok....so what are the spurs going to do?? I fear that they are being left behind in the west.

big daddy russ
07-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by maestro
ok....so what are the spurs going to do?? I fear that they are being left behind in the west.
Spurs are just going to age. I'd like to see them trade Parker for some young assets this offseason.

SHSBulldog00
07-03-2010, 11:42 AM
The Knicks would like to pair Tony Parker with Amare Stoudemire.

So expect New York to be calling San Antonio.

Bull's-eye
07-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Chicago can sign 2 max contracts currently and can sign a third if they get Loul Deng off the books is my understanding.

Wrong, the Bulls currently have 29.9 million in cap space, leaving them about $3.5 million short for 2 max contracts. Without clearing more space, they would have to convince 2 players to take less money.

carter08
07-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Rockets finished over .500 last year with Hayes starting at center. If you can get Yao healthy for even half the year and keep Hill to be the backup center, adding Bosh makes this a top 5 team in the West.

Give up a first round pick, Battier, Jeffries, Andersen, cash. If you HAVE to, give up Scola over Brooks. This team must have Aaron Brooks at the point. I like Lowry, but he's no AB.

SHSBulldog00
07-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Rockets finished over .500 last year with Hayes starting at center. If you can get Yao healthy for even half the year and keep Hill to be the backup center, adding Bosh makes this a top 5 team in the West.

Give up a first round pick, Battier, Jeffries, Andersen, cash. If you HAVE to, give up Scola over Brooks. This team must have Aaron Brooks at the point. I like Lowry, but he's no AB.

I agree with Carter on this one. But I think Toronto wants Hill.

SHSBulldog00
07-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Bosh would make 30 Million Dollars MORE coming to Houston in a sign and trade compared to signing anywhere else.

Bull's-eye
07-03-2010, 01:57 PM
I agree with Carter on this one. But I think Toronto wants Hill.

From what I hear, the Rockets don't want to lose Hill. There have been glowing reports about his off-season workouts. Morey has stated that they want him to be a 5 and he will be Yao's backup.

The good news is that Toronto seems willing to do a s-n-t with Houston, but much like Cleveland, they don't want to help teams in their own conference.

eagles_victory
07-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Wrong, the Bulls currently have 29.9 million in cap space, leaving them about $3.5 million short for 2 max contracts. Without clearing more space, they would have to convince 2 players to take less money. Wrong, the Bulls can sign two max contract guys because they traded Kirk Hinrich to the Wizards it just isn't official yet because the trade can't be official until July 8th.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/2429962,chicago-bulls-kirk-hinrich-trade-wizards-24.article

Thanks for playing

Bull's-eye
07-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Wrong, the Bulls can sign two max contract guys because they traded Kirk Hinrich to the Wizards it just isn't official yet because the trade can't be official until July 8th.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/2429962,chicago-bulls-kirk-hinrich-trade-wizards-24.article

Thanks for playing

Sorry to burst your bubble, but $30 million under the cap space is not enough to sign two max free agents. The max figure is $16,568,908 for each player. With 29.9 million in cap space, Chicago could only give two different players a five year, $87.6 million contract, compared to the max of $96.1 million over 5 years. According to Larry Coon, the Cavs are $3.5 million short.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wadelebronbulls072010

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67793/20100703/how_chicago_can_sign_three_max_players_while_keepi ng_rose_noah/#

Txbroadcaster
07-03-2010, 03:31 PM
You guys are splitting hairs..the Bulls will be able to offer either two max contracts OR come real close depending on where the cap falls

either way the Bulls CAN sign two top tier FA's

eagles_victory
07-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
You guys are splitting hairs..the Bulls will be able to offer either two max contracts OR come real close depending on where the cap falls

either way the Bulls CAN sign two top tier FA's Im not splitting hairs its Mr. Houston Rockets who is.

Bull's-eye
07-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Im not splitting hairs its Mr. Houston Rockets who is.

Just trying to set the facts straight. If any of you have been really following this free agent fiasco, those 3 or 4 million can make a huge difference. Reports say that Bosh killed the Miami deal because he wouldn't take a penny less of the max. If Chicago wants to get 2 of the big 3, they really could use the help of a sign-n-trade.

SHSBulldog00
07-03-2010, 04:45 PM
As of 4:45pm Toronto is souring on the idea of a sign and trade.

Bull's-eye
07-03-2010, 05:13 PM
As of 4:45pm Toronto is souring on the idea of a sign and trade.

Sounds like it's a little posturing by Toronto. They know that Bosh wants the max deal and the only way would be through a sign-n-trade. Could they influence him to pick the team that would benefit the Rapters the most? Most likely they wouldn't want him going to a divisional or conference rival. :thinking:

Bull's-eye
07-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Just on TV now, ESPN's Broussard said Houston has a very good chance at landing Bosh through SnT.

Said Toronto was still willing to do SnT despite the reports that they were unhappy with Bosh.

eagles_victory
07-04-2010, 01:44 AM
Just on TV now, ESPN's Broussard said Houston has a very good chance at landing Bosh through SnT.

Said Toronto was still willing to do SnT despite the reports that they were unhappy with Bosh. I don't see why they are unhappy it has been pretty obvious he was not going to go back to Toronto for the last couple of years. Doing a sign and trade makes a lot more sense than letting him outright walk.

Bull's-eye
07-04-2010, 03:45 AM
I don't see why they are unhappy it has been pretty obvious he was not going to go back to Toronto for the last couple of years. Doing a sign and trade makes a lot more sense than letting him outright walk.

Bosh is trying to make them accept a lesser deal than what they can get from some other teams. They also didn't like him blabbing information on his twitter account. Bosh wants to play with James or Wade, but needs a sign-n-trade to make the max money. I assume that Toronto is fielding a much better offer from another team or teams, possibly Houston or even Dallas.

SHSBulldog00
07-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Add the Lakers, Nuggets and Spurs to the list.

coach
07-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Add the Lakers, Nuggets and Spurs to the list.

and the rest of the nba... you houston fans are so funny

Bull's-eye
07-04-2010, 03:10 PM
I can't understand why Dallas is going after Bosh, didn't they just pay $80 million for a PF?

JasperDog94
07-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by coach
and the rest of the nba... you houston fans are so funny Yep. We're a funny lot. It's crazy to think that we would want one of the top players in the NBA to come alongside a healthy Yao Ming and become an immediate top 5 team in the West. How silly of us. :p :p

maestro
07-04-2010, 03:42 PM
in the media circus, espn reported that bosh would not want to play in his hometown.

coach
07-04-2010, 04:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JasperDog94
Yep. We're a funny lot. It's crazy to think that we would want one of the top players in the NBA to come alongside a healthy Yao Ming and become an immediate top 5 team in the West. How silly of us. :p :p [/QUO

im not saying yall shouldnt go after him im saying yall have no chance in getting him

carter08
07-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Morey can do anything. Never doubt him.