PDA

View Full Version : 7 on 7 State Tournament Pools Out on Tuesday

Matthew328
07-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Pools will be released on Tuesday

nt7on7
07-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Are these pools just drawn out of a hat, or are there FIFA type draws with some sort of seeding?

I'm assuming blind draw, but I'm not sure.

Matthew328
07-01-2010, 09:06 AM
A little of both, its a blind draw but they have several hats that are drawn from so that way teams from different parts of the state are paired together in a pool.

BEAST
07-01-2010, 10:33 PM
I REALLY want to play Slima. But, I hope we are on different sides of the bracket and face off in the finals. That would be a very intense final.

BEAST

gatordaze
07-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I REALLY want to play Slima. But, I hope we are on different sides of the bracket and face off in the finals. That would be a very intense final.

BEAST

Last years gauntlet was Ablilene Wiley, Brownwood and Graham with the final against Rice Consolidated. We manhandled you last year, so bring it on turdwood!

Go Slima!

BEAST
07-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Last years gauntlet was Ablilene Wiley, Brownwood and Graham with the final against Rice Consolidated. We manhandled you last year, so bring it on turdwood!

Go Slima!

Not really sure anyone gets "Manhandled" in 7 on 7. Plus, I wasnt there flipping the switches. I had to work. I am there this time. I pray yall do yalls normal 3 to 7 yard crap. We will run our normal plays and spank yall. Yall will resort to an offense that isnt even remotely close to a real football offense and we will still win.

BEAST

gatordaze
07-02-2010, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Not really sure anyone gets "Manhandled" in 7 on 7. Plus, I wasnt there flipping the switches. I had to work. I am there this time. I pray yall do yalls normal 3 to 7 yard crap. We will run our normal plays and spank yall. Yall will resort to an offense that isnt even remotely close to a real football offense and we will still win.

BEAST

You are right, I had bitch slapped, dominated, humiliated and destroyed in there initially but did not want to sound too cocky so I changed it to manhandled for lack of another adjective. Outclassed would have been more accurate

Additionally, it's not real football and if you play it that way you will lose (again) Our regular 3-7 yard "crap" has won thee 7 on 7 state championships is the past 10 years. How is your strategy working out so far?

ctown
07-02-2010, 07:27 AM
Insanity--doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Woody fan say they gonna do their normal stuff and beat slima. And then he say he hope slima does their same old stuff. Why would you then expect that to yield a different result.

There, we have it. Beast predicts slima wins another state championship in 7 on 7. In keeping with consistency he also predict brownstone goes out early after a close fought battle with brownstone.

BleedOrange
07-02-2010, 09:17 AM
You are right, I had bitch slapped, dominated, humiliated and destroyed in there initially but did not want to sound too cocky so I changed it to manhandled for lack of another adjective. Outclassed would have been more accurate

Additionally, it's not real football and if you play it that way you will lose (again) Our regular 3-7 yard "crap" has won thee 7 on 7 state championships is the past 10 years. How is your strategy working out so far?

The same way it as worked for them the last 10 years in 11 man football (or is it 30 years??)

jp744
07-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Doo Doo Brown is really good this year and Slima always gets my respect because I love the way they play. Full speed all out all the every play they bring it. But I hate to tell you guys neither of you are the best 7 on 7 team. I have seen Cameron Yoe play and they are the best 7 on 7 team in the tournament. So yall keep talking.

BleedOrange
07-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by jp744
Doo Doo Brown is really good this year and Slima always gets my respect because I love the way they play. Full speed all out all the every play they bring it. But I hate to tell you guys neither of you are the best 7 on 7 team. I have seen Cameron Yoe play and they are the best 7 on 7 team in the tournament. So yall keep talking.

You very well may be right. Its just too much fun messing with Brownwood folks. They make easy fodder. It may even be Brownwood's year. They will be very difficult to deal with if that is so.

BaseballUmp
07-02-2010, 10:03 AM
I like your style lol

Maroon87
07-02-2010, 10:48 AM
7-on-7 smack? Really?:nerd:

gatordaze
07-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
7-on-7 smack? Really?:nerd:

Didn't qualify huh?

Maroon87
07-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Didn't qualify huh?

Nah...half our team plays baseball, and we're usually playing til late May/early June. 7-on-7 for us kinda takes a backseat.

Old Tiger
07-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Nah...half our team plays baseball, and we're usually playing til late May/early June. 7-on-7 for us kinda takes a backseat. OOOOOOH IN YOUR FACE CELINA!

Spread It Out
07-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Didn't qualify huh?
Nah...half our team plays baseball, and we're usually playing til late May/early June. 7-on-7 for us kinda takes a backseat.

INNNN YOUUUURRRR FAAAAAAACEEEE!

gatordaze
07-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
INNNN YOUUUURRRR FAAAAAAACEEEE!

We could probably be good at basketball too if our football season did not go until Christmas every year!

Most schools that are good at basketball get a lot of practice before district. No thump thump for us until THE season is over.

Old Tiger
07-02-2010, 03:28 PM
We could probably be good at basketball too if our football season did not go until Christmas every year!

Most schools that are good at basketball get a lot of practice before district. No thump thump for us until THE season is over. Epic Failure on the comeback.

basketball? They said baseball.

Spread It Out
07-02-2010, 03:31 PM

Most schools that are good at basketball get a lot of practice before district. No thump thump for us until THE season is over.

Haha, FAIL.

gatordaze
07-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Epic Failure on the comeback.

basketball? They said baseball.
Thats not even a sport

Spread It Out
07-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Thats not even a sport

Elaborate.

Old Tiger
07-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Thats not even a sport You're right its only been a professional sport since the 1880s.....what do i know

txsportswriter
07-02-2010, 06:35 PM
True, Cameron Yoe is great. We've played them and trailed by just six at the half in Lexington, but they turned it on and beat us by a good three TDs. However, our Yoakum squad beat Rice Consolidated twice and lost to them by just one TD recently with just seven guys total after already having played two games. (We were wore out). We've also easily defeated Houston 2nd Baptist and Van Vleck this season. Our problem has been depth, but that won't be the case in College Station and I like our chances. Yoakum has two good QBs and some great receivers. Key will be our defense, but we've worked on that the past few games and practices and I think we have finally figured it out. Don't count the YT Dogs out.

And yes, we're talking 7-on-7 smack because it's a rainy day... LOL!

orange machine
07-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Anybody ever stayed at the court yard in college station. My wife booked us a room for the tourney and I'm just curious if its nice I've never stayed at a court yard before.

txsportswriter
07-02-2010, 06:50 PM
Not sure about Courtyard. We're staying at College Station Inn (formerly Ramada).

ctown
07-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Bring the vuvuzulas for brownwood.

Matthew328
07-02-2010, 08:24 PM
courtyards are usually nice

bbfan2010
07-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by txsportswriter
True, Cameron Yoe is great. We've played them and trailed by just six at the half in Lexington, but they turned it on and beat us by a good three TDs. However, our Yoakum squad beat Rice Consolidated twice and lost to them by just one TD recently with just seven guys total after already having played two games. (We were wore out). We've also easily defeated Houston 2nd Baptist and Van Vleck this season. Our problem has been depth, but that won't be the case in College Station and I like our chances. Yoakum has two good QBs and some great receivers. Key will be our defense, but we've worked on that the past few games and practices and I think we have finally figured it out. Don't count the YT Dogs out.

And yes, we're talking 7-on-7 smack because it's a rainy day... LOL!
yall guys gonna have anymore kids dancing in the endzone during other ppls games? lol that was hilarious when you did it in hondo

Yoe_09
07-03-2010, 02:15 PM

Well I think I might have to agree with you. The Yoemen have been really impressive so far and I look forward to seeing what we can do in the state tourney.

Blackcat1954
07-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Will they release pools in the AM or PM-I've got a noon deadline for my stories to be written. Guess I could stretch it to 1 p.m. but my managing editor is out on vacation and Publisher is in charge and wants to finish early as possible-

Matthew328
07-05-2010, 02:58 PM
I am hoping in the AM but who knows.