PDA

View Full Version : MS Security Essentials / Virus Protection!

espn1
06-29-2010, 06:14 PM
I just wanted to Post this info. I know there was a big long thread about a Computer Virus in a earlier Thread. I know the Topic got way off track so I'll keep it short and sweet. If you have a Valid copy of XP, Vista or MS7 you can down load MS Security Essentials for free. Just do a Google search and find the Microsoft site. It will solve your Virus and Malware Problems. There's never a reason to pay for Virus/Malware Protection. If your OS isn't legit. Just spend your money on the MS OS and then you'll have your Virus protection for free. One of the many thing I learned in my Comptia A+ class.

BaseballUmp
06-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Yea I downloaded that as well as Avast and another that I actually bought...don't see anything happening to my computer for a looooong time

TexMike
06-29-2010, 08:22 PM
I am not sold on the "power" of antivirus software I run Norton's on my home computer and still managed to get the AV Security Suite virus somehow this weekend. It took over internet explorer and would not even let me use any of the programs or functions on the computer which would let me deal with the virus It also sent annoying (and offensive) popups to the screen about every 30 - 60 seconds.

LH Panther Mom
06-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by TexMike
AV Security Suite virus somehow this weekend.
That one's nasty! It pretends like it's an AV when it's really a virus. Hubby got it awhile back and while trying to get rid of it, he learned that there was some kind of hole (for lack of a better technical term) in Adobe Reader 9.0 that actually lets viruses get easier access. You have to upgrade to 9.3 (I think) to get the patch. :nerd: He got it while running Bit Defender, which is a waste of money in my opinion.

BaseballUmp
06-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by TexMike
I am not sold on the "power" of antivirus software I run Norton's on my home computer and still managed to get the AV Security Suite virus somehow this weekend. It took over internet explorer and would not even let me use any of the programs or functions on the computer which would let me deal with the virus It also sent annoying (and offensive) popups to the screen about every 30 - 60 seconds.

Thats the same exact one I got this weekend

Z-RO
06-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by espn1
I just wanted to Post this info. I know there was a big long thread about a Computer Virus in a earlier Thread. I know the Topic got way off track so I'll keep it short and sweet. If you have a Valid copy of XP, Vista or MS7 you can down load MS Security Essentials for free. Just do a Google search and find the Microsoft site. It will solve your Virus and Malware Problems. There's never a reason to pay for Virus/Malware Protection. If your OS isn't legit. Just spend your money on the MS OS and then you'll have your Virus protection for free. One of the many thing I learned in my Comptia A+ class.

Its better than Norton, but I don't think it compares to malwarebytes

espn1
06-29-2010, 11:40 PM
Like I said you never need to Purchase anything form a third party again! Who knows MS Architecture better than MS? But if you feel the need to spend Money some where else go for it. My system is squeaky clean!