PDA

View Full Version : Game Films

Chief Woodman
09-01-2003, 01:57 PM
How many teams let the fans see the game films after the weekend? The Decatur coaches let us come see them...they explain what stunts were called, audibles etc. Really educational. Sometimes the play you thought was one guys fault/glory turns out to belong to someone else. You can really see what your team does well, and where the problems are.

Also it lets you see how close some things were that you never noticed...and how/why some penalities were flaged.

sinton66
09-01-2003, 02:08 PM
I haven't been to a booster club meeting in years, but they used to do that all the time.

slpybear the bullfan
09-01-2003, 03:09 PM
Bridgeport does the same. And it really is pretty amazing how what seemed like a bad call sometimes is just a failure to execute/miscue and vice versa.

Chief Woodman
09-01-2003, 04:05 PM
Slepybear- when/where do you guys show the films?. I would like to come see them sometime....

LHSEagleFan
09-01-2003, 05:09 PM
We watch Luling Eagle films every monday after the game. This is not a public showing but just a bunch of local fans and parents. Coach Rochat and some of the other coaches come and explain what went on and then gives a preview of the game for the next friday. Really enjoy this and I want to thank Jeff Rochat for doing it.

cubs
09-01-2003, 05:41 PM
Has been going on for years in most places - nothing new, nothing different, nothing unique to your town.

Knightmoon
09-01-2003, 07:14 PM
Yes Merkel does the same thing each week. It is just another chance to enjoy the game from another angle. Looking forward to this week's film. My nephew, in my opinion made the best tackle of the game against Monahans.