PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going surfing?

big daddy russ
06-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Waves are supposed to be picking up because of Alex. May make my first trip to the beach in a while tomorrow.

LE Dad
06-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Waves are supposed to be picking up because of Alex. May make my first trip to the beach in a while tomorrow. No thanks... The closest thing I can do to surfing is the advanced boogie board at water parks and I am not very graceful doing that!! :p

big daddy russ
06-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
No thanks... The closest thing I can do to surfing is the advanced boogie board at water parks and I am not very graceful doing that!! :p
Hey, it's something! You should try it out if you ever make it down to the coast.

Guess I'm the only one. Waves are already 4-5 ft (shoulder height), but choppy in Surfside. Should clean up a lot over the next couple days.

IHStangFan
06-28-2010, 07:39 PM
How'd I know this morning when I woke up that this thread would be along shortly? LOL. ;)

Be careful Russ! Take pics!

big daddy russ
06-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
How'd I know this morning when I woke up that this thread would be along shortly? LOL. ;)

Be careful Russ! Take pics!
Not in shape to do this stuff anymore, but it's just too tempting. And you know I'm always careful.

Looks like it'll be raining and thunderstorming tomorrow evening and Wednesday morning. If it clears up a little, I'll snap some pics with my digital camera.

IHStangFan
06-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Not in shape to do this stuff anymore, but it's just too tempting. And you know I'm always careful.

Looks like it'll be raining and thunderstorming tomorrow evening and Wednesday morning. If it clears up a little, I'll snap some pics with my digital camera. Good deal. Tell the fam hello.

AP Panther Fan
06-29-2010, 10:06 AM
Hey, it's something! You should try it out if you ever make it down to the coast.

Guess I'm the only one. Waves are already 4-5 ft (shoulder height), but choppy in Surfside. Should clean up a lot over the next couple days.

LOL...you will be one of those crazy people they show on the 6:00 news. BE CAREFUL!

LE Dad
06-29-2010, 01:52 PM

Guess I'm the only one. Waves are already 4-5 ft (shoulder height), but choppy in Surfside. Should clean up a lot over the next couple days. Perhaps, but I sure can see a lot of bad endings when you combine me, a board, and a large wave... I may give it a shot one day though cause it does look like fun.

sinton66
06-29-2010, 05:20 PM
It is fun off Padre Island or Mustang Island. I was going to try the surf at Black Sand beach on the big Island when I was over there. Changed my mind pretty quick when I ran down to the beach and looked up at that 40 foot wave.;)

big daddy russ
07-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Didn't get any pictures, but did manage to get beat up pretty good. Still, the waves were shoulder-head high and peeling perfectly even though it was pretty sloppy out there.

It'd have been nice to have been in shape.