PDA

View Full Version : An IMPORTANT Question for all of 3ADL from PPHSfan

PPHSfan
02-20-2003, 11:24 AM
Question: On Friday nights during football season do you eat Nachos or Frito Pie?

jason
02-20-2003, 11:33 AM
both

Ranger Mom
02-20-2003, 12:25 PM
I always seem to crave chili cheese dogs!!!

http://www.foodclipart.com/pics/fastfood/hotdog03_tn.jpg

pirate4state
02-20-2003, 02:03 PM
Peanuts for pre-game warm-ups and Nachos at half time. :)

Billy Boy
02-20-2003, 02:50 PM
Frito Pie.

Tiger Turtle
02-20-2003, 03:07 PM
Chili dogs (with jalapenos) early season while weather is hot. Frito pie with extra cheese (and jalapenos) when it cools off. Sausage tortilla wraps whenever they are available.

fwisd
02-20-2003, 03:24 PM
Frito pie for sure!

BULLDOGFAN
02-20-2003, 03:45 PM
In Bandera's awesome run to the State Championship, the Mojo was to always eat Nachos with Jalepeno's every first quarter. It worked.

HotDawg89
02-20-2003, 04:49 PM
Frito Pie at out of town games... but our home games have the BEST hamburgers and fries anywhere! Our booster club has all the moms in the regular snack bar, but the dads grilling the burgers, and they have all the fixings- down to the iced tea! MMMmmmm...can't wait till September!!!

<small>[ February 20, 2003, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-20-2003, 06:01 PM
Whenever I am at a Port Isabel home game, I always go for some Fajita tacos during the game......and then after the win, a big group of us will go to the local Pizza Hut, eat some more.......and then cross the bridge over to South Padre Island to go to Pirate's Den, an open air bar with free pool, darts.....and 25 cent drinks when the Tarpons win. Always feels nice shooting pool with a nice seabreeze hitting you......ahhhhhhh......makes me homesick when I think about it.

AP_OLB_1
02-20-2003, 10:42 PM
havnt sat and watched a friday night game in a long time, i ve always played in them but i graduate this year and its heartbreaking. so i guess ill get to see what its like... i think nachos

spaniard
02-20-2003, 11:25 PM
well, im gonna have to go with hotdawg on this one, our boosters make the awesomest burgers in the world. i dont know what they put in them, but once you have one, you wont go back to any other ones. hehe, good stuff.

exbccards76'smom
02-21-2003, 01:44 AM
Hot links pregame at home games, then frito pie at half time. After the game, it's usually time to meet at Gary's coffee shop for some breakfast food or something

Rabbit'93
02-21-2003, 09:41 AM
This is a tough one. Good nacho cheese sauce is hard to beat, but chili pie is just an awesome food to say the least. I'll say nachos...but only by a little bit. Or maybe just gimme some frito pie with come chili and nacho cheese.MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmMMMMMM. Is it lunch yet?

CHS_Grad '85
02-21-2003, 09:58 AM
Before I started running the concession stands... it was the NACHOES... but afterwards the FRITO PIES... although our chop beef sandwiches are excellant... I usually will leave that for the fans...

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-21-2003, 11:31 AM
Grilled sausage on a stick. The Band Boosters fill the stadium some good smelling stuff that is for sure!

Hot coco in those playoff games~

slpybear the bullfan
02-22-2003, 05:02 PM
PPHSFan, before the game it is whatever is the specialty at the home or away town.

The MOJO for me is a large bag of peanut M&Ms and a coke at half-time.

It is a ritual that is a must!

sinton66
02-22-2003, 08:42 PM
For me, there is no substitute for mesquite grilled fajita tacos. Even when they are served plain as they are at most stadiums in our area, they are really good.

topdawg
02-22-2003, 10:13 PM
im going with hotdawg and spaniard, you cant beat burnets burgers!!!

sinfan75
02-23-2003, 02:29 PM
Last season,every Friday,I would have a tortilla burger at lunch.Get off work have a couple of cold brews.Then go to the game and have some fajito tacos.After the game get infront of the computer and read all the scores and drink more beer.

BigChamp05
02-23-2003, 08:00 PM
Well, playing this year, you couldn't beat two tums washed down with orange gatorade for pregame, and at the half, a couple shots of ice cold pickle juice. Ahhhh, its magic.

pakrat
02-25-2003, 12:06 AM
I liked nachos when they first began to sell them, but now it always seems to be canned cheese sauce that isn't very good. An overabundance of jalapeno peppers can fix it pretty good.

Dave-O
02-25-2003, 11:07 AM
I must say i love the Frito Pie. On our road to state i had many a frito pie from all over. But for some reason I couldnt find one in the alamodome and if i did it was probaly 15 dollars eek! . But everywhere else had some dang fine frito pies!

St. Ivender
02-25-2003, 03:23 PM
My hope is that this discussion will inspire the stadia in East Texas to diversify their menus. I prefer neither FP or nachos but at the playoff games at Sam Houston State U they have excellent sausage on a stick and the best hot chocolate east of the Brazos. I try to send my kids to the concession stand so my experience is somewhat limited but I've NEVER seen a fajita at a high school football game.

Forgive me for I have sinned.

DRuMLiNeSPYKe2004
02-25-2003, 05:56 PM
Well since i'm a great big bando kid straight outta the stands, we have our OWN pregame ritual!

Home Games:

So the whole drumline *and bass line as well ahem TUBAS* piles up into anyone's car. Usually there are 3 cars. we make the short minute trip to the ice house on top of the hill where we proceed to buy a slice of pizza at 40-somn-oz. drink for about $2.15. sometimes you can get half a pizza for $1! Then sometimes we buy either some GinSeng or 3 energy drinks *whether it be SoBe, 180, or RedBull*. We find a few tables, plunk down and start devouring. We pile back into the cars, speed back to the HS to perform another pregame ritual. After loading the truck, rap music and other music that pumps us up is carefully and ritualistically inserted into the band boombox. As Ludacris is blared over the speakers with its XBoom cranked up, the drumline and the tuba line perform the Crip and other various moves to get ourselves psyched up and the energy going! During the game, after we perform at halftime, band kids will eat just about anything they can get their hands on. sodas are sold for a dollar and parents and other innocent bystanders and either begged to go on MASSIVE food runs OR the concession stand is flooded in a sea or kids sporting blue polyester marching pants, white suspenders, band shirts and white marching shoes.

AWAY GAMES:

The pregame ritual of pizza is once again performed if the game is less than 2 hours away. If not, the boosters are PROUD to supply us with sandwiches, chips, M&Ms and water *fruit too, but who eats fruit on the band bus?* During half time, "bathroom runs" are an excuse to make a mad dash to the concession stands where *drum roll please* ...

NACHOS are the most popular item bought, snuck into the bathroom, and quickly consumed before heading back into the stands. BUT!!!...

SAUSAGE WRAPS are the easiest food snuck into the stands in your band pants!

Dang, I miss football!