PDA

View Full Version : 10 days of vacationing bliss

Farmersfan
06-25-2010, 08:09 AM
Leaving this evening for 4 days at a family reunion in West Texas and then next Wednesday on to the lake for a week of fun and frolic in the surf. (well, I'm really too old to frolic).
Anybody have any suggestions on making camping/RVing at a lake more enjoyable for everyone? I already plan on doing plenty of fishing and skiing/tubing. I think I will try some night fishing for smallmouth bass and stripers. I have horseshoes and washers to set up and we will camp a short walk to a sandy beach for swimming. I have decided the parasailing thing might be too dangerous. I considered renting jet skis but I am already having to haul a RV and 2 boats. Oh yea! I also have a hammock to set up for my personal snooze time in the evening! :D
Any other suggestions?

Ranger Mom
06-25-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Leaving this evening for 4 days at a family reunion in West Texas and then next Wednesday on to the lake for a week of fun and frolic in the surf. (well, I'm really too old to frolic).
Anybody have any suggestions on making camping/RVing at a lake more enjoyable for everyone? I already plan on doing plenty of fishing and skiing/tubing. I think I will try some night fishing for smallmouth bass and stripers. I have horseshoes and washers to set up and we will camp a short walk to a sandy beach for swimming. I have decided the parasailing thing might be too dangerous. I considered renting jet skis but I am already having to haul a RV and 2 boats. Oh yea! I also have a hammock to set up for my personal snooze time in the evening! :D
Any other suggestions?

Sounds like you have it covered....have a great time!!

waterboy
06-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Be sure and carry your computer with you, and your cell phone....:p :D

Trashman
06-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Any other suggestions?

Take a lawn chair to sit in family circles...we do this at our reunion and talk till 2:00 in the morning.

Farmersfan
06-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Take a lawn chair to sit in family circles...we do this at our reunion and talk till 2:00 in the morning.

We also do this. It is really great if you can have a campfire but unfortunately it will likely be about 95degrees at midnight so a campfire is out!

Farmersfan
06-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Be sure and carry your computer with you, and your cell phone....:p :D

Computer stays home. the phone goes with me everywhere! I can access the downlow on my Iphone but i'm too dang old to read the small letters!!!!:( :( :(

Maybe I will get the 4G and start tethering a laptop while i'm at the lake........................(probably not).

Everyone have a great week and a really good 4th of July!!!

LE Dad
06-25-2010, 12:33 PM
Frosty beverages and hot women are always great to carry... :D

...of course sometimes I get confused and end up with hot beverages and cold women:doh: I hate it when that happens.:dispntd:

Have a safe, happy vacation.:)

DDBooger
06-25-2010, 12:37 PM
I'll be in Stillwater for the 4th! Guess I'm headed to Eskimo Joes :cool:

Farmersfan
06-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Frosty beverages and hot women are always great to carry... :D

...of course sometimes I get confused and end up with hot beverages and cold women:doh: I hate it when that happens.:dispntd:

Have a safe, happy vacation.:)

Booger! I've been married for 25+ years!!!! There are no "HOT WOMEN" or "Cold Beverages" in my world! There is a luke warm woman that gives me cold chills if I happen to see her profile in the moonlight!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :devil: :inlove:

Thanks for the well wishes!

AP Panther Fan
06-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Sounds like you have it covered....have a great time!!

Yes it does. I hope the RV has AC. You might still want to consider packing some fans.

Hope you have a safe and fun trip.

Trashman
06-25-2010, 01:43 PM
We also do this. It is really great if you can have a campfire but unfortunately it will likely be about 95degrees at midnight so a campfire is out!

We don't do the camp fire either. It is much more fun to sit in the dark and guess who you are talking too!:D

STANG RED
06-26-2010, 08:48 AM
Take some frozen fish with you, so when you dont catch any, you can still get your fish fry fix. Which reminds me, dont forget to take your fish fryer.

mwynn05
06-29-2010, 08:01 PM
On thursday ill start 31 days of vaction bliss

Farmersfan
07-06-2010, 08:12 AM
Well my week at the lake is over. We had a great time and had quite a few more people than originally expected show up. It was windy most days but that seemed to keep the temps down a bit which was a blessing in disquise. And although the wind hurt my fishing activities it actually makes tubing a lot more fun. Launching my nephews and neices 20' in the air on a two-man tube is hilarious. On Sunday the lake was full of huge cabin cruisers that would leave about 5' wakes and the kids loved getting launched off those waves. But now it's back to the grind. I hope everyone had a great holiday.

LE Dad
07-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Well my week at the lake is over. We had a great time and had quite a few more people than originally expected show up. It was windy most days but that seemed to keep the temps down a bit which was a blessing in disquise. And although the wind hurt my fishing activities it actually makes tubing a lot more fun. Launching my nephews and neices 20' in the air on a two-man tube is hilarious. On Sunday the lake was full of huge cabin cruisers that would leave about 5' wakes and the kids loved getting launched off those waves. But now it's back to the grind. I hope everyone had a great holiday. :clap: :clap: Glad all went well for ya!:thumbsup: