PDA

View Full Version : Prosper loses stud DE Mario Edwards

eagle9
06-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Prosper DE Mario Edwards will now go to Denton Ryan High School. His dad (a former Dallas Cowboy DB) was offered the defensive backs coaching job there at Denton Ryan. His dad applied for the same job in Prosper and didn't receive it. I understand that his dad played corner in the pros but it seems kinda fishy that a 4A school would offer him that job right off the bat with him having no coaching experience, I wonder if they viewed it more as a package deal with his son coming along....

It's a sad day in Prosper :(

Matthew328
06-24-2010, 02:23 PM
huge loss for Prosper, I am going to try and confirm w/Coach Scott but wow

Txbroadcaster
06-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by eagle9
Prosper DE Mario Edwards will now go to Denton Ryan High School. His dad (a former Dallas Cowboy DB) was offered the defensive backs coaching job there at Denton Ryan. His dad applied for the same job in Prosper and didn't receive it. I understand that his dad played corner in the pros but it seems kinda fishy that a 4A school would offer him that job right off the bat with him having no coaching experience, I wonder if they viewed it more as a package deal with his son coming along....

It's a sad day in Prosper :(

I know alot of coaches that would take a former NFL player with no coaching exp over other people no matter if the player's son was a player or not.

PPSTATEBOUND
06-24-2010, 02:25 PM
"I wonder if they viewed it more as a package deal with his son coming along...."

High School recruitement at its finest......
:doh:

Matthew328
06-24-2010, 02:32 PM
His dad played in the NFL, if he's certified to teach he's not a questionable hire by any means. Sounds like dad tried to apply at Prosper but wasn't hired.

garciap77
06-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
His dad played in the NFL, if he's certified to teach he's not a questionable hire by any means. Sounds like dad tried to apply at Prosper but wasn't hired.

Dad has to work some where!

Pick6
06-24-2010, 02:49 PM

Matt, he's from PeePee, one of GA's old stomping grounds, they know recruiting when they see it...lol

But you're right, if he applied at Prosper and they turned him down he had to find work somewhere.

Farmersfan
06-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Matt, he's from PeePee, one of GA's old stomping grounds, they know recruiting when they see it...lol

But you're right, if he applied at Prosper and they turned him down he had to find work somewhere.

I find it amazing that Dion will allow Mario senior to do anything to harm the team that "Dion Built"!!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
06-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I find it amazing that Dion will allow Mario senior to do anything to harm the team that "Dion Built"!!!!!!

How did Deion build Prosper?

bigwood33
06-24-2010, 05:34 PM
I think that daddy played safety but my memory isn't what it once was. The kid can play, I DO remember that!

Txbroadcaster
06-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
I think that daddy played safety but my memory isn't what it once was. The kid can play, I DO remember that!

his dad was a corner for Dallas..he is only 35 yrs old

Pick6
06-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
his dad was a corner for Dallas..he is only 35 yrs old

Who has a longer neck, edwards or merton hanks...lol

bowleghorses
06-24-2010, 08:45 PM
Prosper has been going through some changes.:(

Charlie47
06-24-2010, 08:46 PM
huge loss for Prosper, I am going to try and confirm w/Coach Scott but wow

If it turns out to be true, sorry for them, happy for us!:clap: :D

bowleghorses
06-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
If it turns out to be true, sorry for them, happy for us!:clap: :D

I bet yall are happy about that.:D

Charlie47
06-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
I bet yall are happy about that.:D

Not really happy, we beat them last year. It will
make it a little easier. They are in our district this
year.;)

Txbroadcaster
06-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Who has a longer neck, edwards or merton hanks...lol

HAHA well played

PPSTATEBOUND
06-25-2010, 09:23 AM

LOL.....living closer to Celina then PP I have witnessed recruitement at its finest.

Pick6
06-25-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
LOL.....living closer to Celina then PP I have witnessed recruitement at its finest.

Has Aubrey recruited well enough to call that The Recruitment Triangle...lol

PPSTATEBOUND
06-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Has Aubrey recruited well enough to call that The Recruitment Triangle...lol

No.:)

orange machine
06-25-2010, 11:08 AM
Prosper's defense was gonna struggle without Miller at MLB and losing a few others now losing Edwards it could be rough for Prosper on the defensive side.

Pick6
06-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Prosper's defense was gonna struggle without Miller at MLB and losing a few others now losing Edwards it could be rough for Prosper on the defensive side.

Just think, if celina wouldn't of been afraid to play Prosper celina would have a small chance to beat them now...lol

garciap77
06-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Just think, if celina wouldn't of been afraid to play Prosper celina would have a small chance to beat them now...lol

:eek: :eek: :eek:

orange machine
06-25-2010, 12:03 PM
I believe they also have to replace most of their oline. I think losing Edwards knocks them out of top 10 team.

bobcat4life
06-25-2010, 12:13 PM
they will be fine just based on the numbers they have. they are expected to be over 1000 kids by the time school starts

PPSTATEBOUND
06-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
they will be fine just based on the numbers they have. they are expected to be over 1000 kids by the time school starts

1000 kids :eek: :eek: :eek:

orange machine
06-25-2010, 12:25 PM

Anytime you lose 2 great defensive players like Miller and Edwards it's gonna hurt your defense, espacially losing a player this late.

LE Dad
06-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by eagle9
Prosper DE Mario Edwards will now go to Denton Ryan High School. His dad (a former Dallas Cowboy DB) was offered the defensive backs coaching job there.

It's a sad day in Prosper :( :wave: :wave: :wave:

JJWalker
06-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Holy Moly ...

We are not talking about Celina or Brownwood here. This is a school with real numbers of students and a deep resource pool.

Prosper is going to be just fine and won't have any problem replacing a couple of kids.

They will be a handful for any 3A team in the state and should be competitive in every game.

bigwood33
06-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Just like Lovejoy. Both should be 4A.

BleedOrange
06-25-2010, 02:40 PM

Yeah that's a real concern in Celina. Granted Prosper has had a couple of fine years but teams come and go. The only constant around hear wears orange (with none of that ugly black on it).

garciap77
06-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Just like Lovejoy. Both should be 4A.

;)

Fridayfanatic
06-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Funny what some people remember. Prosper's offensive line was horrible last year. This year will be an improvement. Oh, and neither Miller or Edwards lead the team in tackles last year. Padilla led in tackles overall and Neeley lead in tackles for lineman and will return this year. Prosper lost a lot this year but the biggest loss to Prosper will be at defensive coordinator. He was the main reason for their defensive success the last two years and will not return.

Sweetwater Red
06-25-2010, 04:17 PM
No doubt. He was our DC before leaving for Prosper. Do you know where he went?

Fridayfanatic
06-25-2010, 04:23 PM
A 5a school near San Antonio. Don't know which one. Prosper's going to miss him bad though. I heard it was one of the reasons Edwards left. Can't confirm it though.

bigwood33
06-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
No doubt. He was our DC before leaving for Prosper. Do you know where he went?
Seguin

BossHog09
06-25-2010, 06:23 PM
it'd be nice if celina folks would find out the actual facts about enrollment before throwing out that same old exscuse, "Prosper is just so much bigger than we are."

Sweetwater Red
06-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Seguin

Well, Seguin got them a good one then. He was an excellent
motivator for all the kids that
played on that side of the
ball. Especially the "undisciplined"
ones. They all played their
tails off for him.

bobcat4life
06-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by BossHog09
it'd be nice if celina folks would find out the actual facts about enrollment before throwing out that same old exscuse, "Prosper is just so much bigger than we are." I was just telling the truth that they are expecting over 1000 kids when school starts. I never once brought it up as an excuse to why they beat us the past 2 years. I said they will be fine because they have strength in numbers.

Remember last year when everyone thought they would struggle because of losses? They were just fine last year and will be good again this year. With the numbers they have and their good jv's, dont expect much of a drop off

BleedOrange
06-25-2010, 08:57 PM
it'd be nice if celina folks would find out the actual facts about enrollment before throwing out that same old exscuse, "Prosper is just so much bigger than we are."

BossHog swims out the shallow end of the gene pool (water wings and all) again. Hey there Boss!!! No need for the hate we have nothing against Gunter or any of the surrounding towns. Can we discuss the root of your problems?? There is help available all you need to do is ask.

Black Swarm
06-25-2010, 10:27 PM
I remember the MLB(Miller) when
Argyle played them, he was good.
I don't think Edwards did anything that game.

LE Dad
06-25-2010, 10:39 PM
I was just telling the truth that they are expecting over 1000 kids when school starts. I never once brought it up as an excuse to why they beat us the past 2 years. I said they will be fine because they have strength in numbers.

Remember last year when everyone thought they would struggle because of losses? They were just fine last year and will be good again this year. With the numbers they have and their good jv's, dont expect much of a drop off It's OK BC4L....

Some people are just sensitive. Heck I wish we were close to a 1000, I would be all about it. Heck who knows now that #s are in we may be.:D

bobcat4life
06-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
It's OK BC4L....

Some people are just sensitive. Heck I wish we were close to a 1000, I would be all about it. Heck who knows now that #s are in we may be.:D I didnt know you were a Wylie fan...

LE Dad
06-25-2010, 10:55 PM
I didnt know you were a Wylie fan... :clap: :clap: Yeah, I used to be Bulldog 4 Life.....

then I got banned....

...but don't tell anyone.:D

(This whole LE Dad thing was GarciaP77 idea... He thought it would keep Rocket busy) :D

bobcat4life
06-25-2010, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:clap: :clap: Yeah, I used to be Bulldog 4 Life.....

then I got banned....

...but don't tell anyone.:D

(This whole LE Dad thing was GarciaP77 idea... He thought it would keep Rocket busy) :D :D :D :D

orange machine
06-25-2010, 11:11 PM

What would be nice is if you would answer my question that I have been asking you for months now, but you always avoid it. So again why doesn't Gunter schedule a game with Celina? You like to talk the trash, but can't back anything up. You act like another person on this site who likes to talk trash, but can't support his statements with any facts just a bunch of of first grade babble.

peagle
06-25-2010, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
BossHog swims out the shallow end of the gene pool (water wings and all) again. Hey there Boss!!! No need for the hate we have nothing against Gunter or any of the surrounding towns. Can we discuss the root of your problems?? There is help available all you need to do is ask.

LMAO

bowleghorses
06-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
Prosper has been going through some changes.:(

I told myself so.:D

peagle
06-25-2010, 11:38 PM
All 1A,2A,3A, 4A, and 5A schools are aligned by the same numbers and the same rules. When Prosper won state they had total enrollment around 650. Played AW with over 900. If number of students made you win what happened to Frisco. I am pretty sure a 2A school took several 3A schools down. There is more to it than numbers especially when the largest class are entering Freshman. How many Varsity starters are Freshman????. Aren't we always hearing size doesn't matter ????? Anyone can make excuses. Mario will be missed-but there is always someone ready to step up that is what is great about sports.

bowleghorses
06-25-2010, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by peagle
All 1A,2A,3A, 4A, and 5A schools are aligned by the same numbers and the same rules. When Prosper won state they had total enrollment around 650. Played AW with over 900. If number of students made you win what happened to Frisco. I am pretty sure a 2A school took several 3A schools down. There is more to it than numbers especially when the largest class are entering Freshman. How many Varsity starters are Freshman????. Aren't we always hearing size doesn't matter ????? Anyone can make excuses. Mario will be missed-but there is always someone ready to step up that is what is great about sports.

Well said. I dont know if coach Hardy will still be on the sideline but I know he will also be missed for the everyday stuff.

bobcat4life
06-26-2010, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by peagle
All 1A,2A,3A, 4A, and 5A schools are aligned by the same numbers and the same rules. When Prosper won state they had total enrollment around 650. Played AW with over 900. If number of students made you win what happened to Frisco. I am pretty sure a 2A school took several 3A schools down. There is more to it than numbers especially when the largest class are entering Freshman. How many Varsity starters are Freshman????. Aren't we always hearing size doesn't matter ????? Anyone can make excuses. Mario will be missed-but there is always someone ready to step up that is what is great about sports. I know the rules. The numbers were turned in last year. Prosper turned in 890. But I am friends with a teacher in Prosper who said they expect over 1000 by the time school starts. The town is growing fast.
And I know whag you mean about starters returning. I meant that with more numbers, you have more options and should be better.

peagle
06-26-2010, 12:10 AM
Move ins don't always make you better. There are a lot of kids that cannot play at 4A/5A level so they move to 3A. Growth can hurt sports programs as much as help. Senior class is at about 160 juniors around 200 with freshman and sophomores making up for more than half of the enrollment numbers. The talent pool does increase, but it will not effect the Varsity side of things for a few years. I know what you mean and Celina and Gunter will start feeling the growth in 2-4 years. Just 8 years ago Prosper was around 1,200 for total population.

bobcat4life
07-03-2010, 11:12 AM
sory to bring this up but it looks like Prosper has lost another starter. Blake Owens is going to attend Liberty Christian Academy this year

bigwood33
07-03-2010, 11:20 AM
sory to bring this up but it looks like Prosper has lost another starter. Blake Owens is going to attend Liberty Christian Academy this year
From Celina as a freshman, to Prosper as a sophomore and now Liberty Christian as a junior, interesting, very interesting. My guess is that he wants to play both sides of the ball and can't break in to the starting lineup on offense in Prosper. With Juan Williams coming back, we know who will be carrying the mail for Prosper.