PDA

View Full Version : Ok, my schedule!! Of course, some of these might change

Gsquared
06-24-2010, 12:12 PM
if the games lose luster along the way. These are the ones im goin go this year.

Week 0 Thursday Gilmer vs Atlanta
Week 0 Friday Stephenville at Aledo
Week 0 Saturday Hico Supersix
Week 1 Center at Linden Kildare
Week 2 Corrigan Camden at Newton
Week 3 Cuero at Port Lavaca Calhoun
Week 4 Abilene Wyle at Lucas Lovejoy
Week 5 West Orange Stark at Kirbyville
Week 6 Proper at Lucas Lovejoy
Week 7 Either Littlefield at Bushland or Gilmer at Carthage
Week 8 Carthage at Henderson
Week 9 No Friday night game. Driving to Southbend Indiana for Tulsa at Notre Dame that Saturday. I have sideline passes!!!
Week 10 Brownwood at Abilene Wylie

Matthew328
06-24-2010, 12:28 PM
No Thursday or Saturday games other than Week 0?

lostaussie
06-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared

Week 4 Abilene Wyle at Lucas Lovejoy

Week 8 Carthage at Henderson
Week 4 should be a very interesting game. Might like to make that one myself. Week 8, I believe won't even be a game. We shall see how the season plays out.

Gsquared
06-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
No Thursday or Saturday games other than Week 0?
Oh there will be a Thursday game just about every week cuz TXB and and I are going to be calling games on Thursdays. Will go to quite a few Saturday games to, just playing those days by ear.

Gsquared
06-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Week 4 should be a very interesting game. Might like to make that one myself. Week 8, I believe won't even be a game. We shall see how the season plays out.
If you come week 4 meet me early for a pre game beverage and some grub! There is a La Finca in Allen just in case you get home sick

lostaussie
06-24-2010, 03:50 PM
If you come week 4 meet me early for a pre game beverage and some grub! There is a La Finca in Allen just in case you get home sick Is it a chain or just happen to have the same name? I thought we had the original La Finca:thinking:

bwdlionfan
06-24-2010, 03:54 PM
G, have you ever witnessed a Brownwood victory? (This year you will!)

There's only one game I know of that you've been to (I'm sure there are a few others)... but I remember that terrible game against Abilene High a few years ago when we were embarrassed.

Gsquared
06-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Is it a chain or just happen to have the same name? I thought we had the original La Finca:thinking:
Its the same La Finca that originated in Gilmer

waterboy
06-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Is it a chain or just happen to have the same name? I thought we had the original La Finca:thinking:
We do have the original, but the same family opened up one in Allen several years ago. I didn't know about it until I looked on the wall by the cash register at the Gilmer location.

Gsquared
06-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
G, have you ever witnessed a Brownwood victory? (This year you will!)

There's only one game I know of that you've been to (I'm sure there are a few others)... but I remember that terrible game against Abilene High a few years ago when we were embarrassed.
Ive seen Brownwood win a couple but not many. By the time I get around to seeing the Lions they are already hit with the injury bug! Brownwood has had the WORST luck with injuries the past five or six years. Think the last time I saw a Brownwood team playing 100 % was when they beat Permian at the GW Classic a few years ago with Kirby Freeman at QB

bwdlionfan
06-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Ive seen Brownwood win a couple but not many. By the time I get around to seeing the Lions they are already hit with the injury bug! Brownwood has had the WORST luck with injuries the past five or six years. Think the last time I saw a Brownwood team playing 100 % was when they beat Permian at the GW Classic a few years ago with Kirby Freeman at QB

That was an awesome game. 40-35 victory. Kirby was playing with 102 temperature if memory serves me correct. He had over 400 yards of offense himself that night.

Gsquared
06-25-2010, 06:52 AM
That was an awesome game. 40-35 victory. Kirby was playing with 102 temperature if memory serves me correct. He had over 400 yards of offense himself that night.
Yep and he kept throwing up between plays. He was sick that night!

Pawdaddy
06-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
We do have the original, but the same family opened up one in Allen several years ago. I didn't know about it until I looked on the wall by the cash register at the Gilmer location.

My daughter lives in McKinney and her church is in Allen. I ate at the La Finca there several times. Unfortunately, they closed up over a year ago. That is the fact.

waterboy
06-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
My daughter lives in McKinney and her church is in Allen. I ate at the La Finca there several times. Unfortunately, they closed up over a year ago. That is the fact.
I thought that I had heard it had closed, too, but I assumed that Gsquared knew something I didn't.....:D I like La Finca. I think their food is some of the best Mexican food around.... If I want Mexican food that's definitely where I go.

LE Dad
06-25-2010, 10:49 PM
if the games lose luster along the way. These are the ones im goin go this year.

Week 1 Center at Linden Kildare Awww c'mon you bust me out on NB and then go with Center?lol

I never know what to expect from the RoughRiders.

Gsquared
06-28-2010, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Awww c'mon you bust me out on NB and then go with Center?lol

I never know what to expect from the RoughRiders.

Haha, yeah I know, but that is the only week I can get around to seeing LK

pirate4state
07-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Week 10 Brownwood at Abilene Wylie

I have this game penciled in too. :D

Gsquared
07-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I have this game penciled in too. :D
Woo hoo, dinner on you at Underwoods? Hehehe

pirate4state
07-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Woo hoo, dinner on you at Underwoods? Hehehe In your under roos? Wha...? haha

Gsquared
07-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
In your under roos? Wha...? haha
Yeah, wich ones you want me to wear? My Batman or Spiderman ones? KAOrder borrowed my Robin ones for Halloween and never returned them.

bwdlionfan
07-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Woo hoo, dinner on you at Underwoods? Hehehe

no Underwoods, game is in Abilene not Brownwood.

pirate4state
07-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Yeah, wich ones you want me to wear? My Batman or Spiderman ones? KAOrder borrowed my Robin ones for Halloween and never returned them.

Batman! :D

haha you sure you didn't let Txb borrow your Robin ones? :eek: ewwwwwwww :D

Gsquared
07-06-2010, 02:48 PM
no Underwoods, game is in Abilene not Brownwood.
We will be taking the long way to Abilene.