PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum's Small Surprise

YTBulldogs
06-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Dog's might be lead this year by a "small" surprise this year. Heart and competitiveness larger than anyone's and having a great off season. Has the leadership ability too. Knows the system inside and out and lives the game.

44INAROW
06-24-2010, 10:56 AM
soooo you gonna give us another hint? :p

bulldog82
06-24-2010, 12:35 PM
Are you refering to the QB? Played them at Hondo SQT, not too bad, a little too mouthy as a team. not enough players for 7 on 7. #24 was hillarious in their game aginst Hondo, good to see that they're going to wimberely, and get to match up against wimberely, wish we would have drawn that pool.

hookandladder
06-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Dog's might be lead this year by a "small" surprise this year. Heart and competitiveness larger than anyone's and having a great off season. Has the leadership ability too. Knows the system inside and out and lives the game.

I think we play the dogs this year again in preseason,will have to see this small surprise.

YTBulldogs
06-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Another hint 44? Well, after having an over 6'4" foot QB for the past 3 or 4 years, now we have one closer to 5 foot, then six foot.

Kid just wins, always has. Never will be denied. Protects the ball well and takes what's being given. And ain't scared a lick like you'd think he would being smaller. Very fast. Fun to watch.

There is a 6 footer still in the mix, but--- he'd rather receive the rock, then chunk it.

YTBulldogs
06-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Yeah, we play ya'll hookandladder. Ya'll predicted pretty good I see bud.

You know how some are---the QB needs to be tall and slender. Proto type figure. All I know, this kid is giving it his all this summer working out and I would not underestimate him. He's been very successful in his prior CYFL, JH and freshman year's as a undersized QB. More heart than anyone. Just that will, you know what I mean?

Ya'll change your offense with the new man there?

YTBulldogs
06-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by bulldog82
Are you refering to the QB? Played them at Hondo SQT, not too bad, a little too mouthy as a team. not enough players for 7 on 7. #24 was hillarious in their game aginst Hondo, good to see that they're going to wimberely, and get to match up against wimberely, wish we would have drawn that pool.

Yeah, heard both teams got mouthy here. Shame, and I'll apologize for my town. Summer heat I guess.:) I'd be shocked if the 'lil QB did any mouthing. He let's his work speak for him. Good kid. And #24, just has issues. A clown.

Cowboy_Up
06-24-2010, 02:49 PM
YT,
Glad we get to keep the Yoakum/Edna rivalrey alive.
You have your small surprise and we've got our tall surprise. Kid lived in Edna during his JH years but has played varsity QB out of town last couple of years. Back in Edna for his senior year. Can't run like Kam, but he can flat chuck the rock and with our returning O-line and receivers I think we'll be OK. See ya early next year.

YTBulldogs
06-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
YT,
Glad we get to keep the Yoakum/Edna rivalrey alive.
You have your small surprise and we've got our tall surprise. Kid lived in Edna during his JH years but has played varsity QB out of town last couple of years. Back in Edna for his senior year. Can't run like Kam, but he can flat chuck the rock and with our returning O-line and receivers I think we'll be OK. See ya early next year.

Dern right Cowboy up, glad we will be playing one another still. Ya'll look mighty talented and we expect great things out of the Cowboys this coming season in 2A. Kam will be missed. Enjoyed watching him play I must say. Our district lost some great QB's last year from Cuero, Edna and Yoakum. Those kid's did well for themselves going on to the next level of learning/sports.

hookandladder
06-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Yeah, we play ya'll hookandladder. Ya'll predicted pretty good I see bud.

You know how some are---the QB needs to be tall and slender. Proto type figure. All I know, this kid is giving it his all this summer working out and I would not underestimate him. He's been very successful in his prior CYFL, JH and freshman year's as a undersized QB. More heart than anyone. Just that will, you know what I mean?

Ya'll change your offense with the new man there?

Don't think so, we may use 2 RB's this year though. Been told we are still planning on throwing it a good bit, makes sense with one of the best 3A receivers in the State on your team.At 5' it may make it hard for him to see over a big OL, we are picked 4th in District.

hookandladder
06-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
soooo you gonna give us another hint? :p

Do you really need another hint, I would say they live pretty close to one another.

YTBulldogs
06-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Don't think so, we may use 2 RB's this year though. Been told we are still planning on throwing it a good bit, makes sense with one of the best 3A receivers in the State on your team.At 5' it may make it hard for him to see over a big OL, we are picked 4th in District.

True, but---can hide behind them hogs too.

YTBulldogs
06-24-2010, 03:24 PM
In a small town, we all live close.:)

hookandladder
06-24-2010, 03:29 PM
In a small town, we all live close.:)

Some closer then other, Good Luck to the dogs.

jp744
06-25-2010, 10:43 AM
His dad was a heck of a player back in the day. So I know that this kid will play like he did. I played against his dad and he used to terrorize us.

bulldog82
06-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Yeah, heard both teams got mouthy here. Shame, and I'll apologize for my town. Summer heat I guess.:) I'd be shocked if the 'lil QB did any mouthing. He let's his work speak for him. Good kid. And #24, just has issues. A clown. True, we've got some basket cases too, no QB kept his cool, and I apologize for our kids as well. will be a good test for them going against Wimberely and Marion too. Hpoe they get qualified for state,college station is an experience they all should try atleast once.

bulldog82
06-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Oh! i take it back, when our QB was warming up, yall's QB was walking by and called our QB Ben Roslenberger (sp) then our QB called him Michael Vick. kinda funny!

bulldog82
06-26-2010, 04:46 PM
should of showed at Wimberely Yoakum, yall would have qualified!

lvfan12
06-27-2010, 04:44 PM
Watch out for LaVernia...they will be a contender for the district title

12thMan
06-27-2010, 10:26 PM
This "little surprise" played JV ball last year didn't he?

bulldog82
06-27-2010, 11:49 PM
Hey! yall are in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hookandladder
06-28-2010, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by 12thMan
This "little surprise" played JV ball last year didn't he?

Pretty sure he was QB on the Freshmen team last year,at least when we played them. If it is the one I am thinking of, the freshmen QB was very small so it would quailify him for the little surprise.

lvfan12
06-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Bragging about a SMALL freshman quarterback thats going to be the Varsity quarterback?? lol

44INAROW
06-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by lvfan12
Bragging about a SMALL freshman quarterback thats going to be the Varsity quarterback?? lol

:eek: :eek:

YTBulldogs
06-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Not sure I'm bragging. But---very proud of this kid and what lies ahead of him. Just said, don't underestimate this kid cause he is small. He has heart and determination. When people say he can't do something cause of his size, he's proved them wrong all along.

txsportswriter
06-30-2010, 02:51 PM
I haven't been on here in a while, but I know who that small surprise is. I've known him for nearly 16 years. He can be a great one for Yoakum, but he's going to have to continue to work for it. Nobody's going to just crown him because of what he HAS done. It's all about what you're doing now and what you're going to do in the future. Everybody can talk the talk, but it takes someone special to walk the walk. He also needs to learn to listen a little more and not assume he knows everything. True, he knows a hell of a lot more than most kids his age, but you can ALWAYS learn more and get better. I think the key for him will be how well he listens to coaches and takes their advice rather than try and think he knows better and does it his own way like a lot of the other kids do. Yoakum lacks a true leader this year (at least I haven't seen one step up yet) and I don't think the older boys would take to kindly to a smaller sophomore being the teams leader. (Even though it would probably help the team). Just some of my thoughts on this so called "Small Surprise". I should know him better than anyone. He's sorta family!;)

CueroDad08
06-30-2010, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by txsportswriter
I haven't been on here in a while, but I know who that small surprise is. I've known him for nearly 16 years. He can be a great one for Yoakum, but he's going to have to continue to work for it. Nobody's going to just crown him because of what he HAS done. It's all about what you're doing now and what you're going to do in the future. Everybody can talk the talk, but it takes someone special to walk the walk. He also needs to learn to listen a little more and not assume he knows everything. True, he knows a hell of a lot more than most kids his age, but you can ALWAYS learn more and get better. I think the key for him will be how well he listens to coaches and takes their advice rather than try and think he knows better and does it his own way like a lot of the other kids do. Yoakum lacks a true leader this year (at least I haven't seen one step up yet) and I don't think the older boys would take to kindly to a smaller sophomore being the teams leader. (Even though it would probably help the team). Just some of my thoughts on this so called "Small Surprise". I should know him better than anyone. He's sorta family!;)

I have also got to watch this kid grow up, and he has always had that "eye of a tiger" look. My only worry now at this level. CAN HE TAKE A HIT ? He will be hit like he has never been hit before when he plays teams like Sam Houston, La Vernia and Cuero. Thats when everyone will see if he can be "That Small Surprise".

zebrablue2
06-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
I have also got to watch this kid grow up, and he has always had that "eye of a tiger" look. My only worry now at this level. CAN HE TAKE A HIT ? He will be hit like he has never been hit before when he plays teams like Sam Houston, La Vernia and Cuero. Thats when everyone will see if he can be "That Small Surprise".

:iagree: Friday nights are a whole different league! Game speeds up x 2. I wish him all the best, but he had better be special. Gonna take some BIG hits!!

YTBulldogs
07-01-2010, 09:58 AM
True, he must take the hit's. True, varsity is not sub-varsity. But, what's available at that position, he's the one to take it, and not be phased by it the following play. Being little his whole life, he's adapted to how to take a shot for the most part, and be successful. Just get the job done, and lead in the process. He thrives the underdog role and when told he can't do something, proving those doubters wrong.

He play's with a chip on his shoulder, and that's what propels him over those who have the "normal" QB makeup, but---lacks heart and committment it takes to succeed.