PDA

View Full Version : Buckeye 2010 Football Begins

buckeyebob
06-24-2010, 04:54 AM
For all the Buckeye fans:

The season is upon us, and like Christmas, I thought it would never get here.

The Gilmer Buckeyes Athletic Booster Club will have their Annual Meeting, Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 6:00 p.m. at the Field House.

The new slate of officers will be announced and important business will be discussed like the Annual Mauling of Gladewater, Spring Hill, Daingerfield & Tatum + the Evacuaion Plan for the escape from Carthage after they are added to the Annual Mauling List. Be there!

YTBulldogs
06-24-2010, 08:42 AM
Finding Godfrey's replacement might be job one instead of talking who your beating already.

That awesome QB sure carried the team last year.

What's in the wings there?

waterboy
06-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Finding Godfrey's replacement might be job one instead of talking who your beating already.

What's in the wings there?
There's a new name you will be hearing a LOT, maybe even a couple of names..... Remember this name........Luke Turner. This kid is one heck of an athlete (actually faster than Stump), has a cannon for an arm, and is a very accurate passer. He will also have a very good running back behind him with another name that will be well known.......Gus "The Mini Bus" Johnson. It'll be hard to duplicate what Stump did over his 3 years as a starter, but the reins will be in good hands. That I can promise you......;)

Matthew328
06-24-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm going to watch Gilmer very closely down in College Station...real interested to see what they bring to the table.

lostaussie
06-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs

What's in the wings there? everyone worried about our QB but us. We know what we have and the future is very bright.

Buckeye1980
06-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Looking back...................

It was 2004 the QB from the previous year had graduated, DCTF failed to rank the Buckeyes in the Top 10. Starting WR from previous team is moved to quarterback. Not much is expeted in Gilmer ( which in Gilmer means 1-2- rounds deep in playoffs) Sounds like what people expect this year. Last year's starting reciever is moving to QB, no respect from DCTF.......guess what , sometime history does repeat itself!

Year starts off with bang.........and ends with explosion ,16-0 STATE CHAMPIONS! Some teams don't rebuild , they reload, in Gilmer we STAY LOADED!

buckeyebob
06-25-2010, 06:16 AM
Not disputing your 2004 memory but mine is we were picked 3rd in district that year by DCTF...then Manual Johnson had the reins handed to him...the rest is history