PDA

View Full Version : The Brett Favre of basketball?

BaseballUmp
06-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Phil Jackson "leaning towards retiring"

ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5320083)

DDBooger
06-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Get ready for the Lebron/Jackson rumors.

STANG RED
06-23-2010, 06:36 PM
Phil has a great talent for winning championships with the best players in the game. Probably not as easy as it sounds, but I'd like to see how he would do, trying to build a winning team out of a losing one. He might be great at it, but I'd like to see if he could do it.

Sweetwater Red
06-23-2010, 07:11 PM
What would be awesome is if David Sterling opened up his tight wallet
and lured both Jackson and James.

Sweetwater Red
06-23-2010, 07:17 PM
FYI, Sterling is the owner of the LA Clippers...one of the few NBA franchises that actually
operate in the black despite the fact that they consistently put a crappy team on the
court.

eagles_victory
06-23-2010, 10:08 PM
You can't compare Phil to Brett every decision he is made is usually on his health and he never misses things (Favre in training camp). I honestly believe if Phil doesn't coach the Lakers he won't coach next year.

Phil C
06-23-2010, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Phil has a great talent for winning championships with the best players in the game. Probably not as easy as it sounds, but I'd like to see how he would do, trying to build a winning team out of a losing one. He might be great at it, but I'd like to see if he could do it.

I agree STANG. Every team he has gone too already had one of the best basketball players ever. He has never built a winning team out of a losing one. Could he do it? Probably so but the fact is he has never done it and I think in the long run people will always wonder the answer to that question.

ziggy29
06-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Yeah, but PJ doesn't have to play these games just to avoid training camp.