PDA

View Full Version : State Rings

PPSTATEBOUND
06-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Okay Ive seen alot of these lately...:D

Who are this rings for besides players, coaches, trainers....

anyone who wants to buy one? I have witnessed a ring on someones finger that had absolutley nothing to do with this years team from a athletic stand point.

Your thoughts

LE Dad
06-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Okay Ive seen alot of these lately...:D

Who are this rings for besides players, coaches, trainers....

anyone who wants to buy one? I have witnessed a ring on someones finger that had absolutley nothing to do with this years team from a athletic stand point.

Your thoughts Rings will go the way of letter jackets, used to mean something to get a letter jacket now everyone gets one.:dispntd: :dispntd:

Blackcat1954
06-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Yep Letter Jackets were big deals back in the early 70s when I was school at East Bernard

You earned it and you wore it with pride-I still have mine even though its small.

had a sweater too but that got lost somewhere.

Gsquared
06-23-2010, 01:44 PM
The dudes (fans) that order state rings that just sat in the stands are the same ones you see that try to dress like the coaches at the games. Pretty funny when you see those guys.

SHSBulldog00
06-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
The dudes (fans) that order state rings that just sat in the stands are the same ones you see that try to dress like the coaches at the games. Pretty funny when you see those guys.

I know some of those guys. Their also the ones from the stands that say they would have run a different play if they were calling them.

runtowin
06-23-2010, 04:42 PM
C'mon, you know those are the real coaches. They do all the correcting at home and all the little league years. The guys on the sidelines are just school paid sponsors. They don't know anything!

Emerson1
06-23-2010, 05:00 PM
The band obviously :rolleyes:

Pick6
06-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
The band obviously :rolleyes:

Where would Allen be without their band...lol

Pick6
06-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
I know some of those guys. Their also the ones from the stands that say they would have run a different play if they were calling them.

I would bet that everyone on this board has said they would run a different play than the one called at one time or another.

LE Dad
06-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
I would bet that everyone on this board has said they would run a different play than the one called at one time or another. Oh sure, but I try to refrain from yelling it out loud over and over.lol

I remember a guy last year yelling "pass the #*$% ball" over and over and they did... it was incomplete and then we hear "stupid play coach":doh:

A few folks let him know how CS that sounded and he quickly shut up.

gatordaze
06-23-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Blackcat1954
Yep Letter Jackets were big deals back in the early 70s when I was school at East Bernard

You earned it and you wore it with pride-I still have mine even though its small.

had a sweater too but that got lost somewhere.

Letter jackets use to be a big deal. In Celina you cant have one when you letter, only given out in the middle of your Junior year. I have two kids that lettered as Freshman and received a letter that they have to hang on to until they get/got their jackets in the middle of the Junior year. You will only wear it for a short time and you should get it when you earn it!

As for the rings, too many players that did'nt play wear them. If you did not play during the regular season and saw only a play or two in the playoffs you did not earn it. JV guys should wait their turn. I guess this is easier said when you have several shots during your 4 year HS career ;-)

raider red 2000
06-23-2010, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Letter jackets use to be a big deal. In Celina you cant have one when you letter, only given out in the middle of your Junior year. I have two kids that lettered as Freshman and received a letter that they have to hang on to until they get/got their jackets in the middle of the Junior year. You will only wear it for a short time and you should get it when you earn it!

As for the rings, too many players that did'nt play wear them. If you did not play during the regular season and saw only a play or two in the playoffs you did not earn it. JV guys should wait their turn. I guess this is easier said when you have several shots during your 4 year HS career ;-)

so should a freshman coach get a ring too?

kaorder1999
06-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

ha...anybody on the coaching staff 7th on up should get a ring

raider red 2000
06-24-2010, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
ha...anybody on the coaching staff 7th on up should get a ring

i agree.....what about the JV kids that were tackling dummies and scout team....that get moved up for the playoffs?

kaorder1999
06-24-2010, 12:33 AM
i agree.....what about the JV kids that were tackling dummies and scout team....that get moved up for the playoffs?

anyone suited on for the playoffs should

wildstangs
06-24-2010, 08:45 AM

Absolutely. Even Middle School coaches that are out scouting, breaking down film, charting on Friday nights, etc. should get one.

Farmersfan
06-24-2010, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
I would bet that everyone on this board has said they would run a different play than the one called at one time or another.

I agree!
Especially if the play that was called didn't work!!!!!! Only a moron would watch a play fail and then claim afterwards they would call the SAME PLAY!!!! :D

PPSTATEBOUND
06-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Assistant superintendents?