PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley Texans

gold_33
06-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Heres highlight videos from juniors to be Brennan Blakemore and Dennis Smith, both were huge contributors in last years playoff run and should be big for the Texans this year!!

Dennis Smith (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G2vmFsQqqE)

Brennan Blakemore (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUFHdk708q4)

LE Dad
06-23-2010, 01:42 PM
Looks like expectations are running high in Wimberley, and I can see why.

:)

runtowin
06-23-2010, 04:43 PM
they should go undefeated

BEAST
06-23-2010, 10:54 PM
They are good but won't go undefeated ifthey have to play us again. We lost by 1 TD with a slot playing Qb and laying down either 6 or 7 turnovers. Not to mention Longoria got hurt. All of that won't happen again.

BEAST

bulldog82
06-23-2010, 11:08 PM
I agree, people putting alot of faith in smith. He may be a good back, but it takes a good TEAM to be successful. they don't go undefeted, and don't make a deep run in the playoffs.

CueroDad08
06-24-2010, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by runtowin
they should go undefeated

The Texans will make the trip to Gobbler Country. I just dont see them going into there house and knocking Cuero off. I do see the 10th ranked Texans starting the year 0-1

gold_33
06-24-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm not gonna sit here and say whether or not we'll go undefeated or if we'll beat this team or that because its way to early for that. All I know is I think we are gonna have a really good team this year and I'm lookin forward to watching them play. We'll find out week 1 on how good we are or arent by playing the game and not talking or writing about it.

FbCoachB40
06-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Don't forget!!!

The Texans also have to face off with Sealy! It should be a good game also

TexDad
06-24-2010, 01:02 PM
It's going to be an interesting year. With the schedule we have we could go anywhere from 6-4 to 9-1. We do have a few other kids besides Smith and Blakemore that can play......

Rocket
06-24-2010, 06:04 PM
I hope we play Wimberley again. Set the record straight. We will beat the holy crap out of them.

jrhernandez7
06-24-2010, 07:17 PM
never been to wimberly or think any smithville team has played them like ever. so perty excited to go up there this year to watch wich i hope is a good competive football game. they will diff be the bigest test in smithville's non-district schedule, or whole schedule to say the least.

garciap77
06-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
I hope we play Wimberley again. Set the record straight. We will beat the holy crap out of them.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Emerson1
06-24-2010, 10:59 PM
+1

They got lucky the first time around.

TexDad
06-25-2010, 08:14 AM
Lucky or not it still goes down as a W!!!!

garciap77
06-25-2010, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by TexDad
Lucky or not it still goes down as a W!!!!

There were 7 Lucky teams in 2008 and 3 Lucky teams in 2009!:D

;)

gold_33
06-25-2010, 09:47 AM

Highly doubtful, yall couldnt do it last year when our team was mostly sophmores and I doubt yall can this year but we're in region IV this year so the only time we would see yall would be state, so that would mean Brownwood would have to actually get past the third round of the playoffs which yall couldnt do last year. Sorry to burst your bubble Rocket!!

Old Tiger
06-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by gold_33
Highly doubtful, yall couldnt do it last year when our team was mostly sophmores and I doubt yall can this year but we're in region IV this year so the only time we would see yall would be state, so that would mean Brownwood would have to actually get past the third round of the playoffs which yall couldnt do last year. Sorry to burst your bubble Rocket!! Don't you know that they were all sophomores too and most of their talent for this year was on the JV squad. :rolleyes:

44INAROW
06-25-2010, 09:56 AM
Highly doubtful, yall couldnt do it last year when our team was mostly sophmores and I doubt yall can this year but we're in region IV this year so the only time we would see yall would be state, so that would mean Brownwood would have to actually get past the third round of the playoffs which yall couldnt do last year. Sorry to burst your bubble Rocket!!

:1popcorn: :1popcorn:

garciap77
06-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
:1popcorn: :1popcorn:
:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

LE Dad
06-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Highly doubtful, yall couldnt do it last year when our team was mostly sophmores and I doubt yall can this year but we're in region IV this year so the only time we would see yall would be state, so that would mean Brownwood would have to actually get past the third round of the playoffs which yall couldnt do last year. Sorry to burst your bubble Rocket!! :evilgrin:

Rocket
06-28-2010, 12:13 PM

You are clueless... If it happens... we will win by 3 TD's....

garciap77
06-28-2010, 12:47 PM
:rolleyes:

I_DONT_CARE
06-28-2010, 08:37 PM
:sleeping: :sleeping:

IHStangFan
06-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
The Texans will make the trip to Gobbler Country. I just dont see them going into there house and knocking Cuero off. I do see the 10th ranked Texans starting the year 0-1 I don't normally agree w/ this guy....but here I do....the X factor for Cuero being....new HC. Hmmm.... :thinking:

ronwx5x
06-28-2010, 08:45 PM

Gotta love this guy. Only one who has a clue and he doesn't even live there!!!

BaseballUmp
06-28-2010, 08:48 PM
One question that I have never really understood since I joined the 3ADL...Why does everyone care so dang much about Brownwood?

IHStangFan
06-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
One question that I have never really understood since I joined the 3ADL...Why does everyone care so dang much about Brownwood? the back story goes a little something like this:

They were a storied 4A playoff program. When word came out they were dropping to 3A the entire town (as you can see now) moved in here at the 3ADL over night and they were very anxious to tell us all about how they were going to move in and take over 3A football and completely dominate. Long story short....they didn't even make the playoffs that first year, and it's been kind of the running 3ADL joke since.

The End

BaseballUmp
06-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Haha yea I knew most of that, but them and Celina seem to be either the only thing people talk about or the butt of most jokes lol...and a few arrogant folks as well if you ask me

bigwood33
06-28-2010, 08:56 PM
One question that I have never really understood since I joined the 3ADL...Why does everyone care so dang much about Brownwood?
437 wins in the last 50 years and 7 State Championships. They expect to win and they make a lot of noise about it. My guess is that this year, they just may make it an 8th State Championship. They are loaded.

IHStangFan
06-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
437 wins in the last 50 years and 7 State Championships. They expect to win and they make a lot of noise about it. My guess is that this year, they just may make it an 8th State Championship. They are loaded. We hear this every year....and they are decent, no doubt, but fact of the matter seems to be......(from what conclusions I can draw anyway) that 3A ball in and around that area is just more competitive than the 4A ball.....and that might be the case state wide if you want my HONEST opinion. Not saying 3A teams will go and smack around 4A teams....just saying across the board the competition level is better.

Old Tiger
06-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Was '81 the last year Bwood has won state?

IHStangFan
06-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Was '81 the last year Bwood has won state? I believe it has been something like 28 or 29 yrs.

bigwood33
06-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
We hear this every year....and they are decent, no doubt, but fact of the matter seems to be......(from what conclusions I can draw anyway) that 3A ball in and around that area is just more competitive than the 4A ball.....and that might be the case state wide if you want my HONEST opinion. Not saying 3A teams will go and smack around 4A teams....just saying across the board the competition level is better.
That is why we play 'em. We'll see, won't we.
I do believe that the average B'wood fan underestimated the quality of football that is played in 3A but this year should be the best Lions team in recent memory. Only time will tell but I really expect them to get out to a fast start and put some of the ghosts of the past to bed pretty quickly. Of course, all of this is JMO.

IHStangFan
06-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
That is why we play 'em. We'll see, won't we.
I do believe that the average B'wood fan underestimated the quality of football that is played in 3A but this year should be the best Lions team in recent memory. Only time will tell but I really expect them to get out to a fast start and put some of the ghosts of the past to bed pretty quickly. Of course, all of this is JMO. I don't doubt the Lions. They were much improved last year. It's a common mistake 4A schools and their fans make when dropping to 3A. Ask WOS. Good luck to you guys.

garciap77
06-29-2010, 07:03 AM

Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
:sleeping: :sleeping:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
06-29-2010, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
the back story goes a little something like this:

They were a storied 4A playoff program. When word came out they were dropping to 3A the entire town (as you can see now) moved in here at the 3ADL over night and they were very anxious to tell us all about how they were going to move in and take over 3A football and completely dominate. Long story short....they didn't even make the playoffs that first year, and it's been kind of the running 3ADL joke since.

The End
:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/TheRocketTheory.jpg
;)

P.S. If Brownwood does as well as Rocket predict the posts on the 3ADL will be off the chart!:D

BwdLion73
06-29-2010, 09:51 AM

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: ;)

LE Dad
06-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
;)

P.S. If Brownwood does as well as Rocket predict the posts on the 3ADL will be off the chart!:D :clap: :clap:

bigwood33
06-29-2010, 07:55 PM
;)

P.S. If Brownwood does as well as Rocket predict the posts on the 3ADL will be off the chart!:D
:clap: :clap: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:
I don't care who you are, that right there is funny!

wimbo_pro
07-01-2010, 08:08 AM

I leave for a few months...and THIS is what I come back to??? Holy Christ on a Crutch...I thought this was settled last year!! LOL

P.S. How ya doing, Rocket Man?

LHexPlayer
07-01-2010, 08:58 AM
No Wimberley v Liberty Hill this year. Unless it happens in bidistrict. I guess Wimberley will have to wait to avenge the three year losing streak to my panthers.;)

wimbo_pro
07-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
No Wimberley v Liberty Hill this year. Unless it happens in bidistrict. I guess Wimberley will have to wait to avenge the three year losing streak to my panthers.;)

Yeah, I saw that! Well, we had the previous three in our win column, LH has the last three...this would be the rubber match! Best outa 7!

wimbo_pro
07-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Also, I dont think we will go undefeated. The pre-district schedule is awfully tough, which will pay off in the play off run. My opinion is we are "guaranteed" a DII spot about as much as one can be guaranteed a spot this far before the play offs. Lots can happen, so I wont cash that check just yet.

garciap77
07-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Also, I dont think we will go undefeated. The pre-district schedule is awfully tough, which will pay off in the play off run. My opinion is we are "guaranteed" a DII spot about as much as one can be guaranteed a spot this far before the play offs. Lots can happen, so I wont cash that check just yet.

Come on now! Pull a Rocket and guaranteed a state championship!:D

;)

wimbo_pro
07-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Come on now! Pull a Rocket and guaranteed a state championship!:D

;)

SHUT UP GARCIA!!!!

garciap77
07-01-2010, 02:23 PM
SHUT UP GARCIA!!!!

HaHa

wimbo_pro_Panther!

;)

CueroDad08
07-01-2010, 04:17 PM

Good we may see you guys more than just the one time, Being one of the smaller schools in our new distric will pretty much guarante Cuero a D11 slot as well.......

wimbo_pro
07-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
Good we may see you guys more than just the one time, Being one of the smaller schools in our new distric will pretty much guarante Cuero a D11 slot as well.......

Yes CueroDad, there is a decent chance that we will meet in the play offs. I think probably better than a decent chance, actually.

wimbo_pro
07-02-2010, 07:16 PM

Rocket...please...the record IS straight. Were the Texans the more talented team, player for player? No. Did we win? Yes. Record straight. It's that simple.

It's a new season, new records will be set. If we play, I predict we will win. Again. This isnt last year....we are reaching our fullest potential this year and next. Be careful for what you wish for.

DaHop72
07-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Rocket...please...the record IS straight. Were the Texans the more talented team, player for player? No. Did we win? Yes. Record straight. It's that simple.

It's a new season, new records will be set. If we play, I predict we will win. Again. This isnt last year....we are reaching our fullest potential this year and next. Be careful for what you wish for. SHUT UP WIMPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

garciap77
07-03-2010, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
SHUT UP WIMPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: