PDA

View Full Version : Select 7 on 7

XMan
06-23-2010, 09:48 AM
Anyone out there at this time put together a select 7 on 7 team? By this I mean having players from different schools together to make a single team. Another question, are there any 7 on 7 teams made up of players that dont play high school football in the fall? I am thinking of getting some really good athletes together from multiple schools and trying to win the state tournament next year. I would find some guys that dont play fall football, that way we could start practicing now and practice the whole year to get ready. I was just wanting to see if anyone else out there has this same idea.

Matthew328
06-23-2010, 10:59 AM
9. Squad Members/Tournament Fees

A. Players: Maximum of 20 players per team. This rule will be strictly enforced in all qualifying Tournaments!

B. Tournament Fees:

1. Each participant must pay $15 to play in a state qualifying tournament.

2. Minimum Registration of $180 (12 players) must be sent to the SQT host school when registering for an SQT Tournament. (non-refundable deposit)

3. Maximum Registration Fee for an SQT Tournament is $300 (20 players).

C. Squad members must be from same school. (No Select Teams)

D. All participants must have at least one year remaining of high school eligibility.

E. No out of state teams will be allowed to compete in a state qualifying tournament.

XMan
06-23-2010, 11:39 AM
At what site are these rules posted, Id really like to check them out.

thanks

Matthew328
06-23-2010, 11:51 AM
http://www.state7on7.com

Gsquared
06-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Anyone out there at this time put together a select 7 on 7 team? By this I mean having players from different schools together to make a single team. Another question, are there any 7 on 7 teams made up of players that dont play high school football in the fall? I am thinking of getting some really good athletes together from multiple schools and trying to win the state tournament next year. I would find some guys that dont play fall football, that way we could start practicing now and practice the whole year to get ready. I was just wanting to see if anyone else out there has this same idea.
Oh dear god, please dont start with the select stuff in football too. I think there's enough of this out there with the other sports.

PPSTATEBOUND
06-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Oh dear god, please dont start with the select stuff in football too. I think there's enough of this out there with the other sports.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

LE Dad
06-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Note to self.... Quit opening XMan threads.:nerd:

on second thought I guess it is kinda like a bad car wreck, you can say you're not gonna look, but you just can't resist.:doh: :D

Old Tiger
06-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Select 7on7 would just make street agents already more common in football.

XMan
06-23-2010, 03:25 PM
I found the rules. It is great that they do have it regulated. I will have to select guys from the same school to get in the tourney.

Gsquared
06-23-2010, 03:31 PM
I found the rules. It is great that they do have it regulated. I will have to select guys from the same school to get in the tourney.
Or you could just select a school and ask if you can coach thier team.

XMan
06-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Ok, im starting to work on throwing a team together for next year. Where is the best place to order uniforms, shoes, footballs from? Give me some suggestions about where your teams buys their stuff from, please.

gatordaze
06-23-2010, 07:26 PM

Select football has already happened for 5th-8th graders. There a couple of leagues in the Dallas area that play 8 games and playoffs in the winter beginning in February and running through May. My boys played all 4 years and it was awesome. They basically played on an all-star team and were exposed to a much higher level of play than was seen at the middle school level. I know that the experience made middle school seem like sand lot. Check out the Texas Select Football League and the Texas School of Football if you are in the metroplex and looking for more! My boys are entering their sophomore year and already have 12 seasons under their belts counting FFL, Winter Select, Middle School and High School. We could also have played summer arena but thats not real football! Add to that at least 15 summer camps. They cant seem get enough.

Matthew328
06-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Ok, im starting to work on throwing a team together for next year. Where is the best place to order uniforms, shoes, footballs from? Give me some suggestions about where your teams buys their stuff from, please.

XMan,

You also need to have buy in from the school's head coach. The rules reads that a school coach must be present at any SQT.

LH Panther Mom
06-23-2010, 08:55 PM
The fees, travel, limits on numbers, yada yada yada, make me thankful for our 7-7 play. Roughly 16-miles round trip each week with lineman challenge before, Varsity and JV simultaneously, linemen being receivers ( :eek: :D ) and Taco Bell after. :cheerl: :cheerl:

XMan
06-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Im not sure bout the rule of a school coach being involved. I do know that rules state that school coaches can NOT coach, can't be on the sidelines, cant provide transportation or school equip. With that being said, it seems contrary to say that a school coach would have to be involved. I see where it says each team must have an adult present but it doesnt say it has to be a coach. Personally, Im hoping this 7 on 7 explodes to the point where the UIL allows for school coaches to coach the 7 on 7. If the UIL were to do that it would make it hard for the UIL to say that baseball and basketball coaches couldnt coach their players year round also.

Matthew328
06-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Rule 11B, this is approved by the UIL.

11. Coaches-Fathers.
A. No high school coach may serve as a coach or stand with the team on the sideline.
B. Each team must have a coach accompany it to any/all events to serve as a school administrator on duty for their particular team(s). This individual is responsible for the action of those representing his school.
All high school coaches present must sit in the end zone. No high school coaches are allowed on the sideline.
All team coaches will wear an identifying tag for clarification purposes. A team may not have more than four (4) coaches on the sideline.
E. Head Coaches or his designee is the Tournament Director in all SQT's.

XMan
06-23-2010, 10:12 PM
When it says coach, is that referring to 7 on 7 team coach or school coach. I guess that is the question.

BEAST
06-23-2010, 10:46 PM
XMan, your team will get hammered.

BEAST

Txbroadcaster
06-23-2010, 10:56 PM
When it says coach, is that referring to 7 on 7 team coach or school coach. I guess that is the question.

means school coach because as the rule states they are acting as school administrator on duty

XMan
06-23-2010, 11:15 PM
No high school coach may serve as a coach, then it says a coach must be present. If he cant serve as a coach, then he is not a coach. Pretty confusing if you asked me. Oh well, its 7 on 7, i really dont care.

bigwood33
06-23-2010, 11:19 PM
You're an idiot. Don't you have some select baseball tournament to be at or somemthing? Please, just leave football alone.

BTW, you getting involved in 7on7 will not force the UIL's hand in any way. The UIL is not close to allowing contract school employees (coaches) to coach ANY summer athletic program. You are spittng into the wind on that one.

Looking4number8
06-24-2010, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
You're an idiot. Don't you have some select baseball tournament to be at or somemthing? Please, just leave football alone.

BTW, you getting involved in 7on7 will not force the UIL's hand in any way. The UIL is not close to allowing contract school employees (coaches) to coach ANY summer athletic program. You are spittng into the wind on that one.

:clap: :clap: :clap: That's why you are my buddy!

marler1972
06-24-2010, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Select football has already happened for 5th-8th graders. There a couple of leagues in the Dallas area that play 8 games and playoffs in the winter beginning in February and running through May. My boys played all 4 years and it was awesome. They basically played on an all-star team and were exposed to a much higher level of play than was seen at the middle school level. I know that the experience made middle school seem like sand lot. Check out the Texas Select Football League and the Texas School of Football if you are in the metroplex and looking for more! My boys are entering their sophomore year and already have 12 seasons under their belts counting FFL, Winter Select, Middle School and High School. We could also have played summer arena but thats not real football! Add to that at least 15 summer camps. They cant seem get enough.

Well as a wise old football coach told me "a person can only take so many hits till their body will give out". Select football is the death of football in my opinion.

Matthew328
06-24-2010, 07:51 AM
No high school coach may serve as a coach, then it says a coach must be present. If he cant serve as a coach, then he is not a coach. Pretty confusing if you asked me. Oh well, its 7 on 7, i really dont care.

LOL, he is the school coach acting as an administrator. Just because he's not coaching on that day or in that event doesn't mean he can't administrate.

Gsquared
06-24-2010, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
LOL, he is the school coach acting as an administrator. Just because he's not coaching on that day or in that event doesn't mean he can't administrate.
I administrated last night.

hookandladder
06-24-2010, 12:50 PM
I administrated last night.

Do you get paid extra for being an administrator during the summer or are you doing this for free.