PDA

View Full Version : Another Web Site Expands

buckeyebob
06-23-2010, 04:42 AM
I have accepted the job as program director, sports director, and talk show host at AM1660 KRZI (ESPN Radio-Waco).

I will host a sports talk show from 3:00pm-6:00pm (Monday through Friday).

At this time, the show is not available on the Internet, but that will change in due time.

While I'm moving the Waco, Smoaky.com will not change at all, in fact, it just expanded to some of Central Texas.

Thank you for all your support throughout the years.

David Smoak

Aesculus gilmus
06-23-2010, 07:16 AM
Obviously his focus will have to change, though, and I am guessing we will not hear any more interviews with the East Texas coaches and players.

Txbroadcaster
06-23-2010, 08:26 AM
As much as I have been on Smoaky(since 2003) That site has changed in the HS for the worse. It basically just becomes Chest thumping during the season with not a lot of good debate. I miss the old days in his HS section where you could actually talk about the games and not get into rumor gossip and trash talking

Rabid Cougar
06-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
I have accepted the job as program director, sports director, and talk show host at AM1660 KRZI (ESPN Radio-Waco).

I will host a sports talk show from 3:00pm-6:00pm (Monday through Friday).

At this time, the show is not available on the Internet, but that will change in due time.

While I'm moving the Waco, Smoaky.com will not change at all, in fact, it just expanded to some of Central Texas.

Thank you for all your support throughout the years.

David Smoak

WELCOME to WACO.

poisoned10
06-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
As much as I have been on Smoaky(since 2003) That site has changed in the HS for the worse. It basically just becomes Chest thumping during the season with not a lot of good debate. I miss the old days in his HS section where you could actually talk about the games and not get into rumor gossip and trash talking

I agree. I rarely look at SDC anymore. I had/have over 4000 posts over there. It used to be full of information, but now it's just a bunch of people talking crap about each other.

3ADownLow rules!

waterboy
06-23-2010, 09:42 AM
Smoaky didn't used to be that way. Some of us old-timers remember when it wasn't dominated by the younger fellers dissing and whining about other schools. It's fun sometimes during football season, especially Daingerfield week! There's a whole lot of old-fashioned smack talk that week and it gets HILARIOUS, but other than that it's pretty much just a bunch of whining and chest thumping.

LE Dad
06-23-2010, 10:50 AM
SDC is good at times, but some people tend to get a bit carried away.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
06-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Smoaky didn't used to be that way. Some of us old-timers remember when it wasn't dominated by the younger fellers dissing and whining about other schools. It's fun sometimes during football season, especially Daingerfield week! There's a whole lot of old-fashioned smack talk that week and it gets HILARIOUS, but other than that it's pretty much just a bunch of whining and chest thumping.

ur dead on from 03-06 the site was one of the best ion the state, then things began to change and now it is whining and chest thumping only in the HS section