PDA

View Full Version : Not 3A But ESPN will broadcast a game nationally between two of the best RBs on Wk 0

SintonFan
06-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Phil C, you might be interested in this because you posted this in a different thread here: 2011 Texas Longhorns Football Recruiting Updates! (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=102488&perpage=40&pagenumber=4)

Originally posted by Phil C
I will now do an update on the offers and possible offers. Basically this class is about complete.
Below are my analysis and updates. Please give your opinions and information also.
Offers are now to:
1. Malcolm Brown, RB, Cibolo - I still rate as good but that Alabama visit still has me nervous.
2. Aaron Green, RB, San Antonio - He has shown recent interest but I still rate as low but now it is a high low.

Here is the article from Chad Peters @ Express News.com:

ESPN will broadcast Steele-Madison
By Chad Peters - Express-News
Web Posted: 06/22/2010 12:00 CDT

ESPN has discovered what San Antonio high school football fans already knew: Malcolm Brown vs. Aaron Green is must-see TV.

The highly anticipated August showdown between Steele's Brown and Madison's Green, two of the nation's most sought-after running backs, will be televised on ESPN, Steele coach Mike Jinks confirmed Monday.

The Week 0 game has been moved to Aug. 28 at Heroes Stadium to accommodate the network's programming schedule. The game, originally set for Aug. 27 at the same site, will kick off at 6 p.m.

A formal announcement from ESPN has not yet been made.

“It's a done deal — I know it is,” said Jinks, adding he believes the game will be televised on ESPN's primary station.

Brown is ranked by Rivals.com as the nation's top running back and the 10th-best prospect overall for the 2011 recruiting class, while Green is slotted fifth at his position and 21st overall.

Brown, who remains uncommitted, is the state's top-rated prospect; Green, also uncommitted, ranks third.

As such, even after initially trying to feign surprise, Jinks admitted he wasn't shocked that the game piqued ESPN's interest.

“This whole thing with Malcolm is brand-new for me,” Jinks said of Brown's national appeal. “Nothing is surprising me anymore.”

Brown ran for 2,170 yards and 33 touchdowns last season. Green rushed for 1,133 yards and 11 TDs after totaling 2,027 yards and 27 scores in 2008.

Link: (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/espn_will_broadcast_steele-madison_96854224.html)

IHStangFan
06-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Anyone find it mildly entertaining that both of their last names are colors.....kinda reminds me of being at a minor league baseball game when they race the little rc trucks around the bases, or at the horse track...."Green in the lead...but wait a minute...here comes Brown on the outside!!"

:D