PDA

View Full Version : The Graham Steers/lady Blues

go blue 64
06-22-2010, 06:36 PM
The Graham teams will be interesting to watch this upcoming year, we will have a new football coach /AD, a new girls basketball coach, and now a new boys basketball coach. We will be in a "new" district, it will be big challenges, here is hoping the very best for all the teams.:) :) :)

garciap77
06-23-2010, 07:53 AM
Good luck!

Football_4
06-23-2010, 11:50 AM
I think that this next year for Graham will be a huge rebuilding year. They lost alot of senior talent and leadership. Plus losing head coaches in football and basketball isn't helpful at all.

go blue 64
06-27-2010, 04:17 PM
I forgot to mention we also got a "new" baseball coach. Our new basketball coach has been the Big Spring coach for the last few years.:)

grmfan93
06-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Football_4
I think that this next year for Graham will be a huge rebuilding year. They lost alot of senior talent and leadership. Plus losing head coaches in football and basketball isn't helpful at all.

I wouldnt say a "huge" rebuilding year. The upcoming senior class has tons of talent. Now I could agree with you if this class didnt have very much talent, but they have just as much as the graduated class of 2010, you just never saw them because last seasons senior class was an excellent group of athletes. Graham will be down compared to last year, but we arn't out the race. I think that we will have a strong season and a pretty good play-off run.

Rocket
06-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by grmfan93
I wouldnt say a "huge" rebuilding year. The upcoming senior class has tons of talent. Now I could agree with you if this class didnt have very much talent, but they have just as much as the graduated class of 2010, you just never saw them because last seasons senior class was an excellent group of athletes. Graham will be down compared to last year, but we arn't out the race. I think that we will have a strong season and a pretty good play-off run.

Brownwood will put you in your place early in the season... Let you know exactly where you are and where you will need to be.:D

garciap77
06-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Brownwood will put you in your place early in the season... Let you know exactly where you are and where you will need to be.:D
:rolleyes:

go blue 64
06-29-2010, 12:33 PM

Well said, I think the players have bought into the system. Most of the football staff is still in place I think we will be fine.

injuredinmelee
06-29-2010, 02:28 PM
thank goodness you were moved to a weak district.

Ragin Red
06-29-2010, 03:38 PM
That's what some of our former district foes are saying too. But we will still be playing some of the stronger ones left in the old district to prepare them and us for a long playoff run. So good luck to the old district and let the new(old) one begin.

GO STEERS AND GOOD LUCK TO A VERY EXCITING SEASON

go blue 64
06-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

When you have 25% (plus) more students to pick from you should be able to win.

go blue 64
07-10-2010, 06:06 PM

Steers come in 3rd in 7 on 7 nice job guys!! :clap: :clap: :) :)

injuredinmelee
07-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by go blue 64
Steers come in 3rd in 7 on 7 nice job guys!! :clap: :clap: :) :)

they won the LOSERS bracket.

BaseballUmp
07-10-2010, 06:13 PM
yea, hate to tell ya, but it was 33rd

LE Dad
07-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
yea, hate to tell ya, but it was 33rd :eek: :eek: :eek:

VWG
07-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
yea, hate to tell ya, but it was 33rd

Dang, fell out of the chair laughing at that one. :fnypost: :iagree:

Football_4
07-11-2010, 06:36 PM
First off Rocket is classless, but back to the thread, Graham has a lot of talent but the main thing they will have to work through is the seniors (former juniors) that were on varsity last year separating from their click and accepting the rest of the team. They really don't have much leadership. Playing good football is not good leadership and they need to get that in their head. Good leadership requires getting a team together to accomplish a goal, not just being a stud and looking good. The only reason I say this is that I hope some of them will read this and get something out of it.

But overall it will be an ok year. I only see a couple of wins in pre-district and I see them winning district. But I don't predict a huge playoff run.Maybe win the first one, but I think when they meet their former district in round 2 that it will be over.

steerz2010
07-11-2010, 08:39 PM
First off Rocket is classless, but back to the thread, Graham has a lot of talent but the main thing they will have to work through is the seniors (former juniors) that were on varsity last year separating from their click and accepting the rest of the team. They really don't have much leadership. Playing good football is not good leadership and they need to get that in their head. Good leadership requires getting a team together to accomplish a goal, not just being a stud and looking good. The only reason I say this is that I hope some of them will read this and get something out of it.

But overall it will be an ok year. I only see a couple of wins in pre-district and I see them winning district. But I don't predict a huge playoff run.Maybe win the first one, but I think when they meet their former district in round 2 that it will be over.

I completely agree with the first paragraph, although the only losses i see in pre-district will be Brownwood and Wylie.
District shouldnt be a problem at all but then again you never know for sure untill the game is played. im not even going to speculate about playoffs untill thier here. ;)

grahampaw
07-11-2010, 11:35 PM
The boys left over from last years team will have no problem being leaders.Take it one game at a time and know that the fans are behind you.But dont say its an easy district , your just putting a huge target on your back by saying that.Remember IP hired coach Ponder.As for Rocket , them boys are gonna back him up this year.Let him have his due.Good luck Bwood except against the Steers.

garciap77
07-12-2010, 08:09 AM

If only Rocket could break things down like you! :D

;)

fresh-j
07-12-2010, 08:16 AM
I can see the Steers doing quite well and suprising some people, don't count them out of anything. Watched them down in college station, they were probably the biggest and tallest team down there ;) however for the lady blues... well first you'll have to inform me on what that is. Lmao:D

injuredinmelee
07-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by fresh-j
however for the lady blues... well first you'll have to inform me on what that is. Lmao:D

psssst... no such thing as a lady steer... well I guess its a transgendered thing to begin with but hey I am not judging you graham folk...

fresh-j
07-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
psssst... no such thing as a lady steer... well I guess its a transgendered thing to begin with but hey I am not judging you graham folk...
Lmao couldn't have said it better:clap: :D