PDA

View Full Version : big hit

eagleqb_14
06-22-2010, 12:28 PM
http://youtu.be/kLZN0CabW6s

bigwood33
06-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Yes, that is a big hit. If you watch Celina Bobcat football, you will see something like that almost every week. They "peel back" block on kick returns all of the time and I have seen them turn guys upside down. It is brutal. A couple of years ago, they must have laid out 3 or 4 guys from Frisco Wakeland on the same play. A couple of those guys got up and went to the wrong sideline.

PPSTATEBOUND
06-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Like a big ole sucker punch...:)

bigwood33
06-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Like a big ole sucker punch...:)
Yes it is! For those that have not had the "pleasure" of seeing it first hand, it is really hard to understand. It can change a game. Now that G.A. is at Aubrey, I expect to start seeing it from the Chaps too.

PPSTATEBOUND
06-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Yes it is! For those that have not had the "pleasure" of seeing it first hand, it is really hard to understand. It can change a game. Now that G.A. is at Aubrey, I expect to start seeing it from the Chaps too.

Kids just need to watch and expect it to come..easy to avoid just be defenseive when running down the field going after the returner.

It is a pleasure to see.....unless your boys get dropped..LOL

bigwood33
06-22-2010, 01:03 PM
You're right but it is easy to get "tunnel vision" when in pursuit of a ball carrier. The old adage "keep your head on a swivel" certainly applies.

PPSTATEBOUND
06-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Although I must say even when being told before a game that it wll happen most do not listen and have no clue of the bomb that was dropped on them until they are directed to the other sideline....:D

PPSTATEBOUND
06-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
You're right but it is easy to get "tunnel vision" when in pursuit of a ball carrier. The old adage "keep your head on a swivel" certainly applies.

:thumbsup: