PDA

View Full Version : Best Wii games

PPSTATEBOUND
06-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Alright dropping some bills for my boys 8th birthday...wanting to get some advice on great "older/cheaper" games for him to play on the his new wii system...any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

crzyjournalist03
06-22-2010, 01:45 PM
For an 8-year-old, you can never go wrong with Mario titles, although they rarely get cheaper due to their popularity. Among the games that I'd recommend in this category are Mario Kart Wii, Mario Party 8, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl (although some parents may feel that this one is a little more violent for younger kids).

What are his interests?

Lego Star Wars: The complete saga is a pretty good game if he's into Star Wars...you should be able to get it for under $20.

MUSTANG69
06-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Laser Hockey

PPSTATEBOUND
06-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
For an 8-year-old, you can never go wrong with Mario titles, although they rarely get cheaper due to their popularity. Among the games that I'd recommend in this category are Mario Kart Wii, Mario Party 8, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl (although some parents may feel that this one is a little more violent for younger kids).

What are his interests?

Lego Star Wars: The complete saga is a pretty good game if he's into Star Wars...you should be able to get it for under $20.

He loves Star Wars and racing games, play fighting with little bro., sports etc....even golf.....typical little boy.....the Mario cart sounds great since he has a go-cart and it would simulate that...thanks for the recommendations..:)

BaseballUmp
06-22-2010, 02:43 PM
just make you have it plugged into a surge protector. I had mine fried a few weeks ago from a storm:mad: :mad: :mad:

SWMustang
06-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Punch OUT!

Farmersfan
06-23-2010, 07:34 AM
Bass Pro shops has a fishing game that has an actual rod & reel. My wife really enjoys it on her Wi. I have never played it though. I think it's called The Strike.

JasperDog94
06-23-2010, 08:29 AM
There are a couple of fishing games on the Wii that use the fishing rod controller. Although I must admit that I've never played one.

SintonFan
06-23-2010, 12:06 PM
crzyjournalist03 was crazy on the picks.:)

If you like down-loadable content might I suggest, "World of Goo". It is a great physics based game that will frustrate you and your kids but yall will learn much in playing it. It also has a fun and killer soundtrack. It is priced better than what you pay at the store. This game will make him a little smarter.
I also like "Rage of the Gladiator". It is like an upgrade from "Punch Out". Decent graphics and fun game play. It is really cheap and worth the 8 bucks(I think).
These games are in the WiiWare section of the Game store.

eagleqb_14
06-23-2010, 02:10 PM
here is a great game it is so much fun.http://youtu.be/kBA_Ws2O75s

SintonFan
06-25-2010, 09:25 AM
Here's a video of World of Goo in action:
Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM3LnSnmxmU&feature=related)

Old Tiger
06-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Tiger Woods PGA Tour

Diocletian
06-25-2010, 07:45 PM
All the hunting games are excellent. Me and my son love them.

My wife loves the exercise games.

I think my all time fav has to be the recent release of Mario Bros... the one just before Galaxy 2.