PDA

View Full Version : Starters returning/lost definition.

MUSTANG69
06-22-2010, 08:09 AM
Can someone explain the term "starters returning/lost"?
It has never made sense to me in a mathematical sense.

Example: Dave Campbell has Gilmer at 1/4 starters returning/lost. There were at least 11 starters from the previous season making the assumption that they went both ways. I realize that is not true. There were actually more starters than that. Where did the other starters go. I evidently don't understand the equation.

garciap77
06-22-2010, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Can someone explain the term "starters returning/lost"?
It has never made sense to me in a mathematical sense.

Example: Dave Campbell has Gilmer at 1/4 starters returning/lost. There were at least 11 starters from the previous season making the assumption that they went both ways. I realize that is not true. There were actually more starters than that. Where did the other starters go. I evidently don't understand the equation.

Move ins that moved back out!:rolleyes:

;)

P.S. Injuries, Graduated, Moved out of district, lost eligibility, I’m sure there could be more.

MUSTANG69
06-22-2010, 10:30 AM
I guess nobody else knows the answer either.:(

bigwood33
06-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Lettermen R/L (Returning/Lost)
Starters Returning O/D (Offense/Defense)

I hope this clears it up for you.

bobcat4life
06-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33

I hope this clears it up for you. and letterman are all the players on the varsityy. not just the starters

MUSTANG69
06-22-2010, 11:23 AM

I hope this clears it up for you.

Nope! About as clear as mud.
In Dave Campbell's web page he has it labelled as "Starters returning/lost" in the top 25 rankings. It does not say anything about offense or defense.
It just does not make sense to me. I guess that is the "Bean counter" in me. I am an accountant by profession and everything in my alcohol blurred brain needs to add up. I guess I will quit worrying about it and have another beer.:D

eagles_victory
06-22-2010, 11:27 AM
In Dave Campbell's web page he has it labelled as "Starters returning/lost" in the top 25 rankings. It does not say anything about offense or defense.
It just does not make sense to me. I guess that is the "Bean counter" in me. I am an accountant by profession and everything in my alcohol blurred brain needs to add up. I guess I will quit worrying about it and have another beer.:D It's offense and defense.

bigwood33
06-22-2010, 11:41 AM
It just does not make sense to me. I guess that is the "Bean counter" in me. I am an accountant by profession and everything in my alcohol blurred brain needs to add up. I guess I will quit worrying about it and have another beer.:D
Pick up the magazine, that should clear it up for you. I haven't looked at the website but I will.

bigwood33
06-22-2010, 11:52 AM
After looking at the website, I agree, it makes no sense. As I said, refer to the magazine, it is much easier to tell what a team lost and what they have coming back in the magazine.

The poll that Texas Football uses is just the Padilla Poll (Carl Padilla) and he may have a legend that he usually posts to explain the numbers that may have been left off on the TexasFootball.com website.

Blackcat1954
06-22-2010, 11:53 AM
When will the Oldcoach Friday Night Magazine be released- Thought it was supposed to be this week-Maybe later in the month

bigwood33
06-22-2010, 11:55 AM
July but I don't know if I have read a date.

MUSTANG69
06-22-2010, 12:02 PM
After looking at the website, I agree, it makes no sense. As I said, refer to the magazine, it is much easier to tell what a team lost and what they have coming back in the magazine.

The poll that Texas Football uses is just the Padilla Poll (Carl Padilla) and he may have a legend that he usually posts to explain the numbers that may have been left off on the TexasFootball.com website.

I've got the magazine. Just haven't had a chance to read much of it yet.

Thanks