PDA

View Full Version : I like the Big 12 round robing schedule rather than a Conference Championship Game

Phil C
06-18-2010, 04:29 PM
That way everyone gets a shot at everyone else and you don't have to play anyone twice which has happened. The thing you need to do is have a good early December game to keep yourself before the country like USC did. I think it was mostly a farce in the Big 12 because if you check the record the south champion won more games in the past 14 years by a 10-1 margin. It has done more damage than good in my opinion because the games were usually won by the south and there are other reasons.
For example even though I was glad we won against Nebraska in 1996 we didn't have that good a record and all it did was cost Nebraska a chance at the National Championship (NC). It happened to us in 2001 when we had beat Colorado 41 to 7 during the regular season but lost the Conference Championship in the last minute. In 2003 Kansas State whipped Oklahoma 35 to 7 which was a strange year because Oklahoma still played in the BCS NC game and lost. Oklahoma also almost lost to Kansas State in 2000 but hung on to win and went on to win the NC game. Last year it took a last second field goal to beat a 3 loss Nebraska team to get UT to the NC game.
And don't forget some of the other farces such as in 2005 when UT had already whipped Colorado during the season but had to play them again in the Conference Championship game and we had to sit through a 70 - 3 massacre.

Yes I am delighed with the round robing format. Bring it on!

ronwx5x
06-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Round robing" Do they all get in a circle and put on uniforms?;)

oldtownag
06-18-2010, 05:24 PM
They stand front to back in a circle and pick each others pockets.