PDA

View Full Version : OTA's

coach
06-17-2010, 11:47 AM
what do you do to a player that files a report saying we are working too hard?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5297117

crzyjournalist03
06-17-2010, 11:51 AM
It's their collectively bargained right to limit offseason practices.

Don't think for a minute that this or the Ravens story isn't closely related to the Players' Association looking for leverage in the next CBA.

LE Dad
06-17-2010, 11:55 AM
It is sad that an athelete, supposedly in peak condition, files a complaint instead of just busting his butt for 2 more days. :(

Txbroadcaster
06-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
It is sad that an athelete, supposedly in peak condition, files a complaint instead of just busting his butt for 2 more days. :(

It is sad a team feels the need to break rules

crzyjournalist03
06-17-2010, 12:09 PM

If you're under contract for a company, and they have in writing that as part of your contract they will not force you to work during a certain period, and then they force you to do it anyway, wouldn't you cry foul?

LE Dad
06-17-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
If you're under contract for a company, and they have in writing that as part of your contract they will not force you to work during a certain period, and then they force you to do it anyway, wouldn't you cry foul? All I saw in this article was "tempo and intensity of the workout". If they were forced to work extra hours then sure I could see a complaint being filed, but not over the tempo... How the heck can you even determine that?

crzyjournalist03
06-17-2010, 12:51 PM
All I saw in this article was "tempo and intensity of the workout". If they were forced to work extra hours then sure I could see a complaint being filed, but not over the tempo... How the heck can you even determine that?

Increased tempo and intensity = greater injury risk. So what happens if a player tears a muscle that wouldn't have been at risk by going at a slower pace.

Txbroadcaster
06-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Increased tempo and intensity = greater injury risk. So what happens if a player tears a muscle that wouldn't have been at risk by going at a slower pace.

reminds me of the Bryan Stewart issue with the Cowboys and I think that hurt his standing with the players

LE Dad
06-17-2010, 01:10 PM
Increased tempo and intensity = greater injury risk. So what happens if a player tears a muscle that wouldn't have been at risk by going at a slower pace. Yeah, I get your point and agree, but tempo just seems subjective to me. I guess if the teams were stupid enough to agree to it then they should abide by it.

I wonder if these are the only teams doing this or are they the only ones with a disgruntled player.

LH Panther Mom
06-17-2010, 05:24 PM
:speech: :speech: :speech: Oh and :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: