PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale vs Diamond Hill

bleedgreen
11-06-2003, 09:05 PM
This game started at 7:00 PM tonight and I had to work. If someone could give updates, I sure would appreciate. I plan on going to the Everman massacre at Glen Rose tomorrow.

mjbf
11-07-2003, 12:02 AM
Kennedale 55
D Hill 10

It could have been much worse!!!

Matthew328
11-07-2003, 08:32 AM
Hey bleedgreen look for me on the Everman side! LOL

CatsDen
11-07-2003, 08:37 AM
Kennedale held Diamond Hill to just 123 yards offense for the game including just 18 yards in the first half as they coasted to the District 8-3A victory at Handley Field.
Kennedale (9-1, 6-1) took control of the game behind the running of Rex Harper who rushed for 120 yards and two scores and the passing of Bryan Barrett who completed 10 of 14 passes for 248 yards and two touchdowns.
Weldon Brooks added 52 yards on four carries and two scores of his own. Diamond Hill's lone touchdown came on a Jerome Brooks one yard plunge.
Harper scored on a 3-yard run and Barrett added a 27-yard pass to Giorgio Bostice for a 16-0 lead after one. Diamond Hill got its lone first half highlight a 43-yard field goal from Florentin Gallardo with 7:03 to go in the half.
Weldon Brooks added an 11-yard run, followed by a 26-yard burst from Chris Morris. Barrett then hit David Collins on a 31-yard pass followed by a 60-yard run by Harper with 1:24 to go for the 43-3 cushion.
Barrett added a 44-yard pass to Morris and Brooks two yard run finished off the scoring for Kennedale.

CatsDen
11-07-2003, 08:47 AM
I just wanted to add that Smitherman looked good at TE. Morris and Collins both made some "Play Station-Madden" moves that embarrassed the defense. Morris caught a pass, then hit the Diamond Hill defender with a spin move and left him laying on the ground (then Chris ran it in for the TD). Collins caught a fade right on the helmet of a defender. The Diamond Hill's player fell at David's feet and David walked into the endzone. Both plays were hilarious (along with RaShawn Brooks' juggling routine on the quick pass).
That 43-yard FG by Diamond Hill's Gallardo was impressive. I think he could have backed up some more and still hit it! Diamond Hill's kick returns were entertaining, but their kicker was their highlight.