PDA

View Full Version : Players to Watch in 30-3A Region 4

Lake Pirate
06-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Can't get my hands on a copy of Dave C's Texas Football. We anyone be kind enough to post.:)

R1Editor
06-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
Can't get my hands on a copy of Dave C's Texas Football. We anyone be kind enough to post.:)

I can give you some tidbits you might be interested in. But, there
are a ton of players to watch for each team and that would take an hour
or more to post. Lol

Preseason offensive MVP - Donnie Butler, Mathis

Preseason defensive MVP - Marc Perez, Sinton

Predicted finish

1. Mathis (DII)
2. Sinton (DII)
3. Rp-Fulton (DI)
4. Ingleside (<---sweet!)
5. Aransas Pass
6. Goliad

Mathis players to watch...

RB Butler, TE Langerot, DE Rubio, DE Deleon, LB Alvarado,
OT Moreno, DT Garza.

IHStangFan
06-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Wow...did something happen at Ingleside or something? They haven't finished that far down in the district in several years. Gonna be a down year?

R1Editor
06-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Wow...did something happen at Ingleside or something? They haven't finished that far down in the district in several years. Gonna be a down year?

From what I hear it's time for a change at the top. :thinking:

SintonFan
06-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Some of us said that Mathis should be favored this year.
They have a young team and that Slot-T will only get better. Great ball control offense means less wins for their opponents.
I know they don't want the focus on them, being picked for first.
:nerd:

99IHSMustang
06-16-2010, 01:05 PM

I am curious as well. The Head Coach at Ingleside has done a great job since his arrival and I am sure he has some aces up his sleeve and the team will be very competitive. We will have to wait and see.

pirate4state
06-16-2010, 01:11 PM
I'm not sure what Rockport (or Ingleside) has coming back, but I guess Dave thinks they are a "shoe in" since they are dropping down. :rolleyes:

truebluestang
06-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Ingleside will be back in the playoffs. Might even win the district. Tearing the competition up in 7 on 7. Last week beat G-P, Refugio, West Oso. This week beat Beeville, Moody, Tuloso Midway. One of the McHugh's at QB and they are looking good. Remember, they won the district track meet with only one senior running. Ton's of speed returning.

truebluestang
06-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Let me remind you of a few things. Dave Campbell's has never picked Ingleside to win the district. Three of the past six years they have been picked out of the playoffs and have made it every year so don't worry about that too much.

99IHSMustang
06-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by truebluestang
Ingleside will be back in the playoffs. Might even win the district. Tearing the competition up in 7 on 7. Last week beat G-P, Refugio, West Oso. This week beat Beeville, Moody, Tuloso Midway. One of the McHugh's at QB and they are looking good. Remember, they won the district track meet with only one senior running. Ton's of speed returning.

That is good to know. I hope you are right trueblue because I have a feeling the district as a whole is going to be tough.

MUSTANG69
06-16-2010, 01:28 PM

The whole starting backfield graduated last year plus Dale Fabaucher (wide receiver). Also, quite a few starters both sides of the ball graduated. This year's team will be inexperienced. I was told that one of the McHugh twins will be switching from wide receiver to quarterback. I think that may be a plus. There should be some speed in the backfield with the Barrajas kid. It is not all doom and gloom. The talent is there just not much varsity experience.

This might or might not be Coach Hesseltine's last year but you can bet Ingleside will remain a well coached and disciplined team.

Lake Pirate
06-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by R1Editor
I can give you some tidbits you might be interested in. But, there
are a ton of players to watch for each team and that would take an hour
or more to post. Lol

Preseason offensive MVP - Donnie Butler, Mathis

Preseason defensive MVP - Marc Perez, Sinton

Predicted finish

1. Mathis (DII)
2. Sinton (DII)
3. Rp-Fulton (DI)
4. Ingleside (<---sweet!)
5. Aransas Pass
6. Goliad

Mathis players to watch...

RB Butler, TE Langerot, DE Rubio, DE Deleon, LB Alvarado,
OT Moreno, DT Garza.

Thanks a million!

Lake Pirate
06-16-2010, 07:07 PM
This district is'going to be tough. I'm confident that Mathis and Sinton will be the front-runners. Don't care too much for the Mathis District Champ "Target". As for Ingleside finishing 4th, well I'm not buying it. It'll will be the 'usual suspects' down the stretch. Mathis, Sinton, and Ingleside. In that order, of course that's just my opinion and I am partial;) .

MUSTANG69
06-17-2010, 09:17 AM
This district is'going to be tough. I'm confident that Mathis and Sinton will be the front-runners. Don't care too much for the Mathis District Champ "Target". As for Ingleside finishing 4th, well I'm not buying it. It'll will be the 'usual suspects' down the stretch. Mathis, Sinton, and Ingleside. In that order, of course that's just my opinion and I am partial;) .

If you are correct about the playoff teams(which I think you are) doesn't that make Sinton the Div. 1 team?

big daddy russ
06-17-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm excited to see Mathis this year. I think the Pirates have a great shot at winning a district title for the first time since the Soza days.

I'd like to come down and watch Donnie Butler play, too. Only seen highlights, but he looks like the real deal. Does anyone know if he has any college offers?

MUSTANG69
06-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I'm excited to see Mathis this year. I think the Pirates have a great shot at winning a district title for the first time since the Soza days.

I'd like to come down and watch Donnie Butler play, too. Only seen highlights, but he looks like the real deal. Does anyone know if he has any college offers?

There is another Butler in this district that opposing teams better watch out for. This Butler will be the running back for Aransas Pass. If Aransas Pass has a decent offensive line to put in front of him he is going to suprise a lot of people.

Lake Pirate
06-18-2010, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
If you are correct about the playoff teams(which I think you are) doesn't that make Sinton the Div. 1 team?

Yes Sinton would be the Div. I team*.

Mathis (474.5)
Sinton (565)*
Ingleside (558)

Lake Pirate
06-18-2010, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
There is another Butler in this district that opposing teams better watch out for. This Butler will be the running back for Aransas Pass. If Aransas Pass has a decent offensive line to put in front of him he is going to suprise a lot of people.

Yes, that would be William Butler. He's good, not as good as Donnie, but good none the less. Mathis stopped him last year to the tune of 44-0. There is also another Butler in West Oso, (Darnell Butler) he is dangerous too, but we lost the Bears to D.31. I really hope they can get it together. Would like to see them in the play-offs.

MUSTANG69
06-18-2010, 08:06 AM
Yes, that would be William Butler. He's good, not as good as Donnie, but good none the less. Mathis stopped him last year to the tune of 44-0. There is also another Butler in West Oso, (Darnell Butler) he is dangerous too, but we lost the Bears to D.31. I really hope they can get it together. Would like to see them in the play-offs.

I guess we can see who is going to be the best Butler in the area this year.:D

Blastoderm55
06-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Butler is the real deal, but he got shut down in the area playoff game after the other backfield threat, Rashad Washington, got injured. Having those two along with a really good fullback makes for a very potent offense. They might even add a wrinkle or two with the passing game.

Phil C
06-19-2010, 02:56 PM
BEWARE OF THE HOWING BEAR!