PDA

View Full Version : Mineral Wells may be a force in 3A

mwrams
06-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Rams stun Graham, 28-26
CNHI

MINERAL WELLS — Josh Ralls caught a short six-yard touchdown pass with 2:10 left to play in the second half and lifted the Mineral Wells Rams to a stunning 28-26 win over the Graham Steers in Week 3 of the MWHS 7-on-7 Passing League.

With the win, the Rams moved into a tie for first place heading into the final week of play. The loss was Graham's first 7-on-7 loss in two years of play at MWHS.

Joseph Wells and Justin Janiga keyed a solid MWHS defense with first-half interceptions.

TaMarkus Carter paced the offense with four catches for 71 yards.

Mineral Wells improved to 3-1 overall. Graham is now 3-1.

Bullaholic
06-15-2010, 10:13 AM
I agree---I think the Rams will be even better than last season. I look forward to the Bulls playing them in District---should be quite a contest.

Black Swarm
06-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Not being sarcastic, but didn't Brownwood
think their first year in 3A they would be pretty good?

Bullaholic
06-15-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Black Swarm

Very true, Swarm, but I have some understanding for the long-suffering Mineral Wells fans who now have a native-son(?) head coach who is turning attitudes around and getting greater athlete participation and fan support to go with a great new athletic complex.

turbostud
06-15-2010, 10:37 AM
I may be wrong but didnt Brownwood think they would win state their first year in 3a? There is a difference.

BwdLion73
06-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
I may be wrong but didnt Brownwood think they would win state their first year in 3a? There is a difference.

Thats ok we think we can win state every year. :p

garciap77
06-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Thats ok we think we can win state every year. :p

Nothing wrong with that!!!:)

Ernest T Bass
06-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Miserable Smells publishes 7 on 7 recaps in their newspaper?
That being said, I did play for Coach Lawrence in college. He knows his stuff. Expect the skies about Miserable Smells, Texas to be filled with footballs come Fall.

mwrams
06-15-2010, 03:18 PM
Sure, why not Earnest. When I was a kid they used to print little league box scores too! Not everything is all Dallas Cowboys all the time!
And I know John Gault too!

Matthew328
06-15-2010, 03:21 PM
I wish Mineral Wells would play in a State Qualifier....if they beat Graham they are good enough to do very well in a qualifier. There's been several close to them....

Rocket
06-15-2010, 03:30 PM

We were pretty good. Just didn't win a lot of games. LOL

mwrams
06-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Not sure why they didn't do SQL this year...Lots of speed in the backfield. If the QB Hunter, starts carrying the ball when his revceivers are not open ala Aledo's Cole Lofton...look out. RB's Poole & Colbert district track speedsters in 6 4A. WR Receiver Carter is fast and he can catch, was on the district champ relay team. Another WR Wilkins was High Jump champ.

Matthew328
06-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Well it wasn't for lack of effort, I e-maied Coach Lawrence several times for the Arlington Bowie, Midwestern State, Tarleton St and Abilene Wylie tournaments.

Ernest T Bass
06-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by mwrams
Not sure why they didn't do SQL this year...Lots of speed in the backfield. If the QB Hunter, starts carrying the ball when his revceivers are not open ala Aledo's Cole Lofton...look out. RB's Poole & Colbert district track speedsters in 6 4A. WR Receiver Carter is fast and he can catch, was on the district champ relay team. Another WR Wilkins was High Jump champ.

How's AJ doing? I saw him in JH and he was a man among boys.

mwrams
06-15-2010, 03:53 PM
AJ Pool is really coming into his own. I have watched him since he was in the 6th grade at Jacksboro and I knew then he was gonna be special. This will be his breakout year. Mark it down!

NastySlot
06-15-2010, 03:57 PM
nice website.

http://www.mwrams.com/

garciap77
06-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
nice website.

http://www.mwrams.com/

:iagree:

mwrams
06-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the compliment nastyslot. I began this about 5 years ago. Wish alot more schools had one. Had a niece & nephew at Aledo the past couple of years (they are now at Tulsa Union) was looking into making one for them seperate from the ISD site. With all the glory they have had it would have been a lot of fun. The Abilene Wylie of metroplex 4A. But as a former Ram I bleed Mineral Wells Ram Red!!!! Coach Chuck Lawrence is bringing them along just fine!