PDA

View Full Version : Report: Vince Young suspected of assault

IrishTex
06-13-2010, 05:22 PM
The roller-coaster ride known as Vince Young's NFL career continues. Only days after his belated case for the 2005 Heisman Trophy received a huge boost, Young finds himself potentially in trouble with the law.

CBS 11 in Dallas reports that police suspect Young of assault in a strip-club incident that left a victim with a "bodily injury."

Authorities have not issued an arrest warrant, but they have focused their attention on the Houston native who has gone from riches to rags to riches in his four-year NFL career.

Source (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/13/report-vince-young-suspected-of-assault/)

IrishTex
06-13-2010, 05:24 PM
NFL QB Vince Young Issued Class C Assault Citation

The Dallas Police Department issued Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young a Class C assault citation for his role in a Sunday morning altercation at a Dallas strip club that left one person injured.

Officials said they reviewed a tape of the incident and interviewed witnesses before issuing the citation, which is punishable by a fine of up to $500.

The altercation allegedly broke out after words were exchanged in a back office at Club Onyx on 10557 Wire Way near Interstate 35E in Northwest Dallas.

The video shows Young in a back office talking to a manager. Another man in the office makes a derogatory hand sign in reference to the University of Texas, Young's alma mater, and says something to the quarterback.

Young is then seen talking to the manager for a few more moments before charging after the man who made the hand signal. A fight involving multiple people then breaks out.

The first call to police came at about 3:38 a.m. and reported "two black males fighting in the parking lot."

Club security made a second call to police at 4:06 a.m., and an ambulance was called at about 5:30 a.m. Police believe Young left the scene before officers arrived, a DPD official said.

In a statement released Sunday afternoon, a spokesman with the Tennessee Titans acknowledged the situation and said they were in contact with Young, who is entering his fifth season with the organization.

"We are aware of the report about Vince Young," spokesman Robbie Bohren said. "The organization has been in touch with Vince and we will continue to gather addition information."

The Houston native was drafted by the Tennessee Titans with the third overall pick in the NFL Draft in 2006. He is known for leading the Longhorn football team to a national championship in 2006. He threw for 467 yards in that win against the University of Southern California.

He remains the starting quarterback for the Nashville-based Tennessee Titans.

Source (http://cbs11tv.com/local/vince.young.assault.2.1748889.html)

ziggy29
06-13-2010, 05:25 PM
Why can't these athletes ever learn to stay away from these places? Night clubs plus late night plus alcohol plus NFL/NBA fame = nothing but trouble.

DDBooger
06-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Strip club and fight. Yeah, the commish might be coming down pretty hard on VY.

Bull Butter
06-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Just another reason the Texans are glad they drafted Mario Williams

Phil C
06-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
Why can't these athletes ever learn to stay away from these places? Night clubs plus late night plus alcohol plus NFL/NBA fame = nothing but trouble.

I agree. Nothing but trouble in these places and Vince of all people should know this.

DDBooger
06-13-2010, 07:55 PM
FROM TMZ (http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/13/vince-young-strip-club-fight-assault-tennesse-titans-university-of-texas-longhorns/)

JasperDog94
06-13-2010, 08:00 PM
Hello suspension...

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Anybody read WHY the fight happen? Sounds like any bar where a Longhorn and Sooner are at the same time

JasperDog94
06-13-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Anybody read WHY the fight happen? Sounds like any bar where a Longhorn and Sooner are at the same time True, but the venue will play into Goodell's decision.

griff
06-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Just another reason the Texans are glad they drafted Mario Williams

Add to that the knee problems of Reggie Bush and the Texans were on target with drafting Mario.

VY has the mind and maturity of a child. He broke down mentally when the competition of NFL life sunk in. He realized that his athletic ability and flattering adoration from high HS and college days were not there to carry him anymore. You have to be a man to succeed in the NFL, and he's not that. He still has bad mechanics in his throwing motion, too. He will never be a great QB in the NFL.

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by griff
Add to that the knee problems of Reggie Bush and the Texans were on target with drafting Mario.

VY has the mind and maturity of a child. He broke down mentally when the competition of NFL life sunk in. He realized that his athletic ability and flattering adoration from high HS and college days were not there to carry him anymore. You have to be a man to succeed in the NFL, and he's not that. He still has bad mechanics in his throwing motion, too. He will never be a great QB in the NFL.

Except for he Wins in the NFL..somehow someway he just finds a way to win alot more than he loses in the NFL...not sure how sometimes, but he does it

eagles_victory
06-13-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Anybody read WHY the fight happen? Sounds like any bar where a Longhorn and Sooner are at the same time A guy ran his mouth and got his arse handed to him is the way it sounds to me.

IrishTex
06-13-2010, 10:32 PM
I just watched the news, and according to Fox 4 here in Dallas, I guess the club manager flashed an upside down Hook Em Horns sign to Vince and then Vince went off.

Something tells me it had to be more than just that.

:rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
I just watched the news, and according to Fox 4 here in Dallas, I guess the club manager flashed an upside down Hook Em Horns sign to Vince and then Vince went off.

I dont know...prob drinking involved..but a guy I played football with went to OU..and we would give him a hard time over the years just to razz him..the ole Blow U and that kind of crap. And one day SOBER he got so pissed it took 4 guys holding back from going after his best friend because he had said blow u at the wrong time. Those that played take it serious at times.

IrishTex
06-14-2010, 04:59 AM
Yeah, the bottom line is he's at a strip club and it's about 3:00 in the morning, and no telling how much money he had paid for nothing :rolleyes: so I'm sure he was probably a little tanked as well.

Bottom line is these places are no place to be...especially at that hour. It's just trouble waiting to happen.

turbostud
06-14-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
A guy ran his mouth and got his arse handed to him is the way it sounds to me.

I agree.

LE Dad
06-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Maybe this will show up on Worlds Dumbest...." tonight man pi*#es off VY and gets his a$$ kicked"

This should be a case that gets dropped with some type of deferred adjudication agreement. VYs big worry will be if a civil action is filed against him.

Ex-Tiger2005
06-14-2010, 01:02 PM
just saw the video and VY put hands on that guy!!! hahaha! he prolly will get suspended tho so it isnt too funny.

IrishTex
06-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Vince Young apologizes, blames buddy for attending strip club

Titans quarterback Vince Young began his contrition tour Monday morning at Titans practice, but showed once again he doesn't quite get "it" yet.

The Nashville Tennessean writes on Twitter that Young apologized to his teammates, coaches, and fans. And then he "said a friend talked him into going to a strip club," which led to his citation for assault.

Just stop. Vince Young is a 27-year-old man. He goes where he wants and started an altercation. We can accept he goes to strip clubs. How dumb does he think we are?

Young's nightlife habits, maturity, and work ethic have been talked about even during his career turnaround. Packers tight end Jermichael Finley, for example, said that he had to get away from Young and Young's agent Major Adams because of their late nights of partying.

Jeff Fisher plans to meet with Young later on Monday. The coach's message should be to cut the crap.

Source (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/14/vince-young-apologizes-blames-buddy-for-attending-strip-club/)

Eagle 1
06-14-2010, 04:51 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/35kn31k.gif

DDBooger
06-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
http://i47.tinypic.com/35kn31k.gif Is Graham Harrell driving it :thinking:

:D ;)

sinton66
06-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex

He also made a comment like "**** the Longhorns". A lesser man might have shived him. What a moron. Apparently he was stupid/drunk enough to mouth off to a pro football player. (Vince ain't exactly a shrimp.) If the guy's name wasn't Richard Cranium, it should have been. I bet he ain't got guts enough to do it again.:D

NastySlot
06-14-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
He also made a comment like "**** the Longhorns". A lesser man might have shived him. What a moron. Apparently he was stupid/drunk enough to mouth off to a pro football player. (Vince ain't exactly a shrimp.) If the guy's name wasn't Richard Cranium, it should have been. I bet he ain't got guts enough to do it again.:D

maybe he was a baylor fan upset about the possible breakup of the big 12.....................mouthing off to a guy surrounded by a bunch big guys ain't to smart.....should of waited until he was alone with vy.

Eagle 1
06-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Is Graham Harrell driving it :thinking:

:D ;)

Nah, just a reminder of who we are talking about.
Not exactly the sharpest knife in the cupboard. ;)

DDBooger
07-29-2010, 12:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5419427

Vince Young won't be disciplined.

AP Panther Fan
07-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by sinton66 If the guy's name wasn't Richard Cranium, it should have been.

lol...I haven't heard that one before.:D

(I won't mention how long I had to stare at it before the light came on.):doh: