PDA

View Full Version : Gregory-Portland - Cuero Scrimage

Old Green
08-28-2003, 09:38 PM
Cuero Freshman 3 -GP Freshman 1

Cuero JV 2 -GP JV 0

Cuero Gobblers 3 -GP Wildcats 0
Good hard hitting scrimage between two good teams.
Cuero defense almost completely shut down the 4A GP Wildcat offense except for two long runs.
One GP Wildcat run was to about the 4 yard line on their sixth series on offense.Their touted running back was run down from behind to prevent crossing the goal line. Cuero's speed was much a factor in disrupting the Wildcats from scoring. After six tries trying to get in the end zone they were pushed back to the 14 yard line.

Cuero scored two of their TDS on long pass plays and one long running play on their 4 and 5 offensive series..
Cuero's Juniors and Sophomore team pretty much had their way. Only 4 Seniors are starting on the team.

GP Wilcats are young too, having lost 16 players from last years 4A semi- finalist.
Their defensive line appears to be their strong suit,Give them a few games and they will be a team to reckon with.

sinton66
08-28-2003, 09:46 PM
Old Green. sounds like I got my wish, huh? Congrats buddy, sounds like the Gobblers are gonna be a force this year too.

Old Green
08-28-2003, 10:29 PM
Sinton66, these sophs and juniors are getting pretty good. They still have a few rough edges to iron out.

You got your wish.

<small>[ August 28, 2003, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Old Green ]</small>

sinton66
08-28-2003, 10:31 PM
Yeah, with my luck they'll do that right before they play us! :D :D :D Seriously, congratulate them for me, that's a fantastic outing.