PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood

oldtownag
06-11-2010, 09:13 PM
If you don't already know: Dave Campbell's Texas Football picks Brownwood as the #2 3A team in Texas. I just want everyone to know that I agree with DCTF!

P.S. DCTF also predicts that the Carthage Bulldogs will beat Brownwood on their way to a 3rd straight 3A Title!:)

BwdLion73
06-11-2010, 10:31 PM
:( :p

BEAST
06-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
If you don't already know: Dave Campbell's Texas Football picks Brownwood as the #2 3A team in Texas. I just want everyone to know that I agree with DCTF!

P.S. DCTF also predicts that the Carthage Bulldogs will beat Brownwood on their way to a 3rd straight 3A Title!:)

1 out of 2 ain't bad for the old man.

BEAST

ronwx5x
06-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
1 out of 2 ain't bad for the old man.

BEAST

So B'wood isn't really #2? :thinking:

BEAST
06-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Works for me Ronnie. Ill trade a #2 ranking for a win in the semis.

BEAST

ronwx5x
06-13-2010, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Works for me Ronnie. Ill trade a #2 ranking for a win in the semis.

BEAST

Excellent choice. It seems we both understand that pre-season rankings may indicate which teams to watch but rarely translates to final standings.

I wish Brownwood nothing but the best. Who knows, maybe they will actually perform up to expectations. Pre-season bragging often lasts only up to the first reality check.

Looking4number8
06-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x

I wish Brownwood nothing but the best. Who knows, maybe they will actually perform up to expectations.

Sorry ronwx5x, dont mean this as calling you out, just have seen a lot of these comments on the downlow, yours is just the most recent.

I realize in 08 we did not come close to living up to expectations (yours or ours) but you guys cant let that go. In 09 we surpassed expectations by a long shot. Hope the 2010 season makes some people forget about 08

OldBison75
06-13-2010, 12:14 PM
There are a thousand things that happen during a football season that have a tremendous on the success, or failure of a 3Ahigh school team. Injuries, grades, and normal high school and teenager emotions will cause a team to hang thier heads or maybe poke out thier chest. You just never know.

Brownwood has the athletes and coaching to be ranked number two to start the season. If the pieces fall inot place and they can make it through without any serious injuries, they can go all the way. Likewise, there are several teams that fall in that category, and a few other that can make wave with a break here or there.

I believe that this might be the Lions year, but there won't be an pushovers on the road to the championship. I see at least ten teams on the horizon that can boast about the talent and ability of thier teams and not a one of them seems to have any reason to doubt they can be the champs. Plus, don't ever count out the east Texas traditional powers like Gilmer, Celina, LE, and Carthage. Any of those four could be the spoiler in the playoffs for the Lions.

ronwx5x
06-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Sorry ronwx5x, dont mean this as calling you out, just have seen a lot of these comments on the downlow, yours is just the most recent.

I realize in 08 we did not come close to living up to expectations (yours or ours) but you guys cant let that go. In 09 we surpassed expectations by a long shot. Hope the 2010 season makes some people forget about 08

Notice I never mentioned previous expectations. All I meant was there are high expectations for B'wood this year and maybe they will live up to them. Very often teams are unable to live up to preseason hype. Not downing BW or you, just my observation.