PDA

View Full Version : CalCats State Championship updates?

SintonFan
06-10-2010, 07:35 PM
The game was tied 1-1 in the 6th.

DDBooger
06-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Cubs 2 Cats 1 Bottom of the 6th

SintonFan
06-10-2010, 07:43 PM
I thought there was a webcast for this?
I just read that on caller.com.
Bummer.:(
Come on CATS come back and win it!:clap: :clap: :clap:

SintonFan
06-10-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm not gonna jinx this.
*crossing fingers*
yes that is emotional...:D

DDBooger
06-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Cubs 2 Cats 1 Final

zebrablue2
06-10-2010, 07:51 PM
congrats to my friends 18 miles up the road. way to go cubs!!:2thumbsup

IrishTex
06-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Congrats!

SintonFan
06-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Dangit.
Sorry about the loss CalCats. Losing like that is tough.
Congratulations Brenham.

Maroon87
06-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Cubs 2 Cats 1 Final

dislike

DDBooger
06-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
dislike We'll be back, we bring back almost the whole team including today's pitcher who is likely the ace for the next two years. You Giddings folk should talk to your Coach about going down to CC for the Cal tourney! Would like to see that match-up.

hookandladder
06-11-2010, 05:58 AM
We'll be back, we bring back almost the whole team including today's pitcher who is likely the ace for the next two years. You Giddings folk should talk to your Coach about going down to CC for the Cal tourney! Would like to see that match-up.

Which matchup are you talking about, Giddings loses both starting pitchers. Coach Marlow will have a major rebuilding year, he will lose 3 of the top 4 ball players on this year's team.

3afan
06-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Cubs 2 Cats 1 Final

:thumbsup:

Maroon87
06-11-2010, 12:25 PM
We'll be back, we bring back almost the whole team including today's pitcher who is likely the ace for the next two years.

No doubt...we should be downright scary good next year. :cool:

Old Cardinal
06-11-2010, 03:55 PM
That Brenham wins again! What a superior program for some time now!
Congrats!

XMan
06-11-2010, 05:08 PM
im thinking they might have offseason baseball.

Old Cardinal
06-11-2010, 05:12 PM
To XMAN:
I have no idea how they operate--I was just complimenting.. that they have 7-8 wins in State level appearances; while say Callallen has 3-7.....and of course Calallen has a good program that most 4As would die for LOL

XMan
06-11-2010, 05:50 PM
yea, i was thinking that they BOTH probably have offseason, they are 4A schools though.

Maroon87
06-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by XMan
im thinking they might have offseason baseball.

Calallen has some kids that play in summer select leagues every year. As far as specific baseball offseason, I'm not sure how it works these days. Calallen normally has a bunch of kids that play multiple sports...baseball only kids have traditionally been the exception not the rule. I hear that's changed a bit as the trophy case has filled up, however.

Kickin It
06-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Not sure how many of the brenham kids play football but do know that the Schlotmann (jr) kid is the starting QB for the state runner up football team and the Hall kid is going to SMU on a football scholarship. Not sure how many of the other kids are just straight baseball, but it is a 4a school with a lot of kids to choose from. Don't think that playing football until the state championship game hurt those guys in baseball much. Just my opinion from reading the rant about the Giddings program.

maestro
06-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Kickin It
Not sure how many of the brenham kids play football but do know that the Schlotmann (jr) kid is the starting QB for the state runner up football team and the Hall kid is going to SMU on a football scholarship. Not sure how many of the other kids are just straight baseball, but it is a 4a school with a lot of kids to choose from. Don't think that playing football until the state championship game hurt those guys in baseball much. Just my opinion from reading the rant about the Giddings program.

the football/baseball combo is a doable, great way to go for most high school athletes, 4a or 3a.

XMan
06-13-2010, 06:00 PM
You are correct, it is very doable. Problem is that most football coaches/ads dont want to share athletes. They want to have them football full time and lend them out to baseball when NO football activities are going on. To them its all about "ME". If they dont win in football they get run out. If they do win in football they leave and take a higher profile, higher paying job. These guys that think this way are not about the kids, they are about themselves. Someday maybe sensibility may take over but im doubting it.

maestro
06-14-2010, 10:40 AM
IMO

summer leagues, not the specialized invite only ones, but good ole style little league, pony league etc. with volunteer dads and volunteers cannot be beat.

nothing moitvates 10-12 year olds like playing ball with dad.

sadly, i can now drive around town and i'll see a white crow before i see a little league or pony league practice.

the " just sign up, show up and play " is not the way to go.

if your town still has concerned dads organizing youth sports practices and leagues, consider yourselves blessed.

it saddens me to read about all of these weekend tournaments and the prices ranging from $ 215.00 to higher for teams. this really eliminates some families.

these towns that produce good, solid, baseball programs, check their parent/summer league participation. high school baseball has sadly become " beginning" baseball for many communites.