PDA

View Full Version : Dave Campbell out

Pages : [1] 2

orange machine
06-10-2010, 01:11 PM
I saw on another site that the Magazine was now out in Waco.

Old Tiger
06-10-2010, 01:14 PM
seems early

orange machine
06-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
seems early

That's what I thought, but Im pretty sure I bought my copy last year around mid June so it's close.

95mustang
06-10-2010, 01:17 PM
This was posted on another site in reference the rankings in Dave Campbell.

Top 10 in 3A

1. Lucas Lovejoy
2. Brownwood
3. Cuero
4. Carthage
5. Abilene Wylie
6. Prosper
7. Celina
8. Giddings
9. WOS
10. Wimberley

Blackcat1954
06-10-2010, 01:18 PM
I heard it wil be out on Friday at some places-hope to get it here in Bay City on Monday at HEB.

Emerson1
06-10-2010, 01:21 PM
It's always out a little earlier at the sports hall of fame.

ronwx5x
06-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang

Top 10 in 3A

1. Lucas Lovejoy
2. Brownwood
3. Cuero
4. Carthage
5. Abilene Wylie
6. Prosper
7. Celina
8. Giddings
9. WOS
10. Wimberley

Where's Gilmer?

95mustang
06-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Where's Gilmer?

I don't know. I didn't pick them just posted what I read.

ronwx5x
06-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Rhetorical question, meant in jest.:D

NastySlot
06-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Blackcat1954
I heard it wil be out on Friday at some places-hope to get it here in Bay City on Monday at HEB.

i've always had luck with getting it at walmarts when i least expect to find it.

LionKing
06-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
i've always had luck with getting it at walmarts when i least expect to find it. I agree, not sure how it happens that way though.

Txbroadcaster
06-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
I agree, not sure how it happens that way though.

Because at Wal Mart they get stuff they put out usually the friday before the week it goes out...at some Wal Marts thy either dont pay attention or simply put it out earlier than the box says to.

orange machine
06-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Because at Wal Mart they get stuff they put out usually the friday before the week it goes out...at some Wal Marts thy either dont pay attention or simply put it out earlier than the box says to.

Or they are money hungry and know what sales in Texas really good.:D

Buckeye1980
06-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Where's Gilmer?

About half way between Dallas and Shreveport....ready to be noticed when least expected.......don't worry , we will be there when needed!

orange machine
06-10-2010, 02:01 PM
No Gilmer in the top 10 hmm?

Rocket
06-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Where's Gilmer?

Who the Hell cares?

Brownwood. #2. :)

Nobogey called me crazy when I predicted we would be Top 3 preseason coming into 2010.

Get ready boys...

BEAST
06-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Who the Hell cares?

Nobogey called me crazy when I predicted we would be Top 3 preseason coming into 2010.

Get ready boys...

:clap: :clap: The return of Rocket. This should get fun.

BEAST

Old Tiger
06-10-2010, 02:24 PM
This season will be epic

ronwx5x
06-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Who the Hell cares?

Get ready boys...

Who cares about #2! LL is #1 with a bullet!!! Lions better hope they don't get found by some Leopards.:devil:

Rocket
06-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Who cares about #2! LL is #1 with a bullet!!! Lions better hope they don't get found by some Leopards.:devil:

Last time I checked, there are 2 state champs in 3A. And Lovejoy is a D1, and we are a D2. I'm still laughing at Gilmer... What a dis...

jason
06-10-2010, 02:37 PM
we'll see how good brownwood is when they tee it up vs stephenville....

hopefully they won't roll over like a jv team like they did last year....

what a joke that was...

bwdlionfan
06-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by jason

what a joke that was...

I didn't know how well a team does against a 4A will tell you how well you'll do in 3A?

Hopefully we don't lose 7 starters (including QB) to injury in this years game like we did last year.

ronwx5x
06-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Last time I checked, there are 2 state champs in 3A. And Lovejoy is a D1, and we are a D2. I'm still laughing at Gilmer... What a dis...

If LL wins D1 and B'wood D2, the Lions would still be ranked #2. How about that!:)

And what was that score against Wimberley last year?:devil:

BEAST
06-10-2010, 02:41 PM
we'll see how good brownwood is when they tee it up vs stephenville.

So what you are saying is that Brownwood has to be measured against a top 5 4A team in order to see how good we are. Thanks for the compliment. Pretty sure you just peed on all of 3A tho

BEAST

bwdlionfan
06-10-2010, 02:42 PM
If LL wins D1 and B'wood D2, the Lions would still be ranked #2. How about that!:)

And what was that score against Wimberley last year?:devil:

Wimberley recovered two fourth-quarter fumbles by Brownwood Friday to hold on to a thrilling, 24-17 victory and advance to the Class 3A state quarterfinals. The Texans (9-4) will play Graham or Bridgeport next Friday in Waco. Those teams played Friday night in Aledo.

What does that matter now?

Pendragon13
06-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Last time I checked, there are 2 state champs in 3A. And Lovejoy is a D1, and we are a D2. I'm still laughing at Gilmer... What a dis... Yeah, that was a major dissing by the Campbell boys....Wylie graduated just as much as Gilmer and still got a #5 ranking.:thinking: :cool:

jason
06-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
So what you are saying is that Brownwood has to be measured against a top 5 4A team in order to see how good we are.

BEAST if that's how you interpreted it through your brownwood colored glasses, then yes.....

:rolleyes:

ronwx5x
06-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Wimberley recovered two fourth-quarter fumbles by Brownwood Friday to hold on to a thrilling, 24-17 victory and advance to the Class 3A state quarterfinals. The Texans (9-4) will play Graham or Bridgeport next Friday in Waco. Those teams played Friday night in Aledo.

What does that matter now?

Hmm, and let's see. Brownwood ranked #18, Wimberley ranked #31, B'wood picked by EVERYONE to win this one. Oh well?

Ex-Tiger2005
06-10-2010, 02:51 PM
so who graces the cover of the magazine this year???

gatordaze
06-10-2010, 02:52 PM

Speaking of...

Based upon this someone do the probable D1-D2 breakout.

If Big Spring and Henderson can make the playoffs in their respective districts, Only Lovejoy would be ahead of Celina in D1!

Anyone know if these two schools should make the playoffs?

Rocket
06-10-2010, 02:53 PM

what a joke that was...

A top 5 4A should ALWAYS beat a Top 5 3A. We have nothing to lose and Stephenville has the risk of getting beat by a 3A. If Gillespie won't tell his boys to win at all costs (dirty play), we should see a heck of a game with a real representation of who the Brownwood Lions are, with Shipley and a true QB who can throw the ball.

95mustang
06-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Speaking of...

Based upon this someone do the probable D1-D2 breakout.

If Big Spring and Henderson can make the playoffs in their respective districts, Only Lovejoy would be ahead of Celina in D1!

Anyone know if these two schools should make the playoffs?

It will be a tough road for Big Spring. They lost a lot from last year.

Rocket
06-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Hmm, and let's see. Brownwood ranked #18, Wimberley ranked #31, B'wood picked by EVERYONE to win this one. Oh well?

Living in the past?

ronwx5x
06-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Living in the past?

You mean like you do?

jason
06-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Living in the past? pot meet kettle

bwdlionfan

And the argument that most everyone picked the Mavs to beat the Spurs but the Spurs won has just about as much relevance as you to this topic.

PPSTATEBOUND
Shaping up to be the year of the B-Lion if youre a betting man.

:)

jason
06-10-2010, 03:01 PM
A top 5 4A should ALWAYS beat a Top 5 3A. We have nothing to lose and Stephenville has the risk of getting beat by a 3A. If Gillespie won't tell his boys to win at all costs (dirty play), we should see a heck of a game with a real representation of who the Brownwood Lions are, with Shipley and a true QB who can throw the ball. because dirty play was the cause of the ass whipping last year....

ronwx5x
06-10-2010, 03:01 PM
And the argument that most everyone picked the Mavs to beat the Spurs but the Spurs won has just about as much relevance as you to this topic.

And I thought we were discussing 3A high school football. I must have missed something somewhere.

bwdlionfan
06-10-2010, 03:02 PM
And I thought we were discussing 3A high school football. I must have missed something somewhere.

And I thought we were discussing this coming season. Hence why my post made as much sense as yours. You probably did miss something somewhere.

gatordaze
06-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Any chance of Wylie and Big Spring missing the playoffs and Brownwood going D1?

bwdlionfan
06-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Any chance of Wylie and Big Spring missing the playoffs and Brownwood going D1?

No chance both will miss

Celina missed their chance to schedule Brownwood when your coach turned down Shipley's offer to play in pre-district.

bwdlionfan

Old Tiger
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7260/asdfle.jpg

ronwx5x
06-10-2010, 03:08 PM
And I thought we were discussing this coming season. Hence why my post made as much sense as yours. You probably did miss something somewhere.

Past and present hs football. No basketball, no where. Comparing the two makes no sense whatsoever, so there!:D

bwdlionfan
06-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Past and present hs football. No basketball, no where. Comparing the two makes no sense whatsoever, so there!:D

And comparing how we did against Wimberley last year makes no sense either.

Were you at the game?

gatordaze
06-10-2010, 03:10 PM
No chance both will miss

Celina missed their chance to schedule Brownwood when your coach turned down Shipley's offer to play in pre-district.

You miss the point. Whats the fun in just beating you in the pre-district? Just think of the implications of knocking you out of the playoffs and keepng you sniffing the Orange behind!

Rocket
06-10-2010, 03:13 PM
because dirty play was the cause of the ass whipping last year....

Nope, just the injuries.

bwdlionfan
06-10-2010, 03:13 PM
You miss the point. Whats the fun in just beating you in the pre-district? Just think of the implications of knocking you out of the playoffs and keepng you sniffing the Orange behind!

If that's the way you want to take it, go for it.

All I know is an offer was made to play and your coach declined.

bwdlionfan
06-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Nope, just the injuries.

An honest look at the rivalry between Brownwood and Stephenville to me is this:

The rivalry is alive and well in Stephenville. Those kids are taught to hate Brownwood from conception.

The Brownwood kids don't really care about that rivalry. I think the rivalry is driven by townspeople and not the kids.

The Stephenville players look like they are out for blood when we play one another, whereas we don't quite look like we're trying to take their players out of the game. It was different when I was in school in the late 90s and early 00s... I think at that time we both hated each other equally.

gatordaze
06-10-2010, 03:17 PM

I am just kidding... We have a new year and a new team and a lot of football between here and there.

It would be cool for these two schools to face off for a State Championship but we will just have to take our 553 students the D1 route playing with the big schools.

I guess the UIL just wanted to make sure we wouldn't get past the 1st round to start off the decade!

ronwx5x
06-10-2010, 03:17 PM
And comparing how we did against Wimberley last year makes no sense either.

Were you at the game?

I was not at the game. If I had been, B'wood would still have lost. Comparing hs records to hs records certainly makes more sense than b'ball!:cool:

Rocket
06-10-2010, 03:18 PM

Ok ok ok...

We know Celina is a bunch of weiners. They didn't want none of Brownwood. Can you blame them? I don't.

Aesculus gilmus
06-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Gilmer lost Stump and a lot more, but Traylor always reloads. I think DCTF will come to regret this, but I know our coaches and players will only be stoked by it.

bwdlionfan
06-10-2010, 03:21 PM
I was not at the game. If I had been, B'wood would still have lost. Comparing hs records to hs records certainly makes more sense than b'ball!:cool:

Not much when it's from last year and with all the facts considered.

Anytime a 3rd string QB (converted mid season from wide receiver) leads your team 3 rounds deep in the playoffs it's not a bad year.

Take in to consideration both tailbacks got hurt in the 1st quarter but continued to play against Wimberley, and it was actually 3 4th quarter fumbles... to only lose a 3rd round game by 7 isn't bad.

ronwx5x
06-10-2010, 03:26 PM
I have never in my life been to a Brownwood High School football game. I have been to 1 Wimberley game, 3 years ago. I have no idea what Brownwood has for returning players or how they stack up aginst the other 3A powers. All I am really certain of is that stirring up Lion fans is almost as much fun as being at a 3A high school game, no matter who is playing. So while you guys go nuts defending your team, I'm laughing cause none of us know how it will end up in December. It's been fun, though.

Rocket
06-10-2010, 03:29 PM
An honest look at the rivalry between Brownwood and Stephenville to me is this:

The rivalry is alive and well in Stephenville. Those kids are taught to hate Brownwood from conception.

The Brownwood kids don't really care about that rivalry. I think the rivalry is driven by townspeople and not the kids.

The Stephenville players look like they are out for blood when we play one another, whereas we don't quite look like we're trying to take their players out of the game. It was different when I was in school in the late 90s and early 00s... I think at that time we both hated each other equally.

Exactly right. And last year, the sville coaching staff was crying about going 0-2 and getting the dogsnot beat out of them by Guyer. Gillespie went on to blame Brownwood for the beatdown from Guyer. LOL Since the head guys at Guyer are Brownwood boys and exBrownwood staff. So going into last year's game, Sville was going to win at all costs. The coaching staff was freaking out. Big time.

Interesting points about last years game:
#2 WR starting FS was out
#1 RB was injured
Shipley was out.
QB injured first series of the 2nd half.

Waste of a game.

Rocket
06-10-2010, 03:33 PM
I have never in my life been to a Brownwood High School football game. I have been to 1 Wimberley game, 3 years ago. I have no idea what Brownwood has for returning players or how they stack up aginst the other 3A powers. All I am really certain of is that stirring up Lion fans is almost as much fun as being at a 3A high school game, no matter who is playing. So while you guys go nuts defending your team, I'm laughing cause none of us know how it will end up in December. It's been fun, though.

We have studs all over the field. 3 strong move ins... Lost 3 off of last years team. And the best WR in all classifications. We were just too young last year and without QB1 to get it done. And we still beat Graham, who lost by one in the State Game. Trust me. We are the favorite to win D2.

bwdlionfan
06-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Exactly right. And last year, the sville coaching staff was crying about going 0-2 and getting the dogsnot beat out of them by Guyer. Gillespie went on to blame Brownwood for the beatdown from Guyer. LOL Since the head guys at Guyer are Brownwood boys and exBrownwood staff. So going into last year's game, Sville was going to win at all costs. The coaching staff was freaking out. Big time.

Interesting points about last years game:
#2 WR starting FS was out
#1 RB was injured
Shipley was out.
QB injured first series of the 2nd half.

Waste of a game.

I took two people to the game last year who have no ties to Brownwood. They just went to see the big Bwood-Sville rival game. So coming from them (a neutral viewpoint), they were both shocked at the shots being given by the Sville players.

In all honesty, I had hoped last year was the last time I'd see the two schools play one another, at least until Gillespie is gone.

DDBooger
06-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Let the Rocket/LE Dad snipes commence. lol :D

...and garciap picture show too!

ronwx5x
06-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject".
Winston Churchill

BleedOrange
06-10-2010, 04:03 PM
We have studs all over the field. 3 strong move ins... Lost 3 off of last years team. And the best WR in all classifications. We were just too young last year and without QB1 to get it done. And we still beat Graham, who lost by one in the State Game. Trust me. We are the favorite to win D2.

Yes we should trust you as your predictions have been so accurate in the past. Can you say "Tres y Siete". Rocket you never cease to make me laugh at your silly comments. LOL

LE Dad
06-10-2010, 04:05 PM
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject".
Winston Churchill Hey, I resemble that remark.:p

Rocket
06-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
Yes we should trust you as your predictions have been so accurate in the past. Can you say "Tres y Siete". Rocket you never cease to make me laugh at your silly comments. LOL

Here's a prediction and silly comment for ya.

Celina sucks.

Oh wait. That's actually true.

BEAST
06-10-2010, 04:13 PM

I also think he predicted we would have a top 3 ranking to start this year.

BEAST

garciap77
06-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I heard some of the people that work at Wal-Mart can't read English! I hope we have some in Abilene!:D I going to check them out right after work!:D

garciap77
06-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Who the Hell cares?

Get ready boys...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

BleedOrange
06-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Here's a prediction and silly comment for ya.

Celina sucks.

Oh wait. That's actually true.

That is so intellectually stimulating. I am certain you don't want to make a historical comparison as you would lose. We shall see this year. I will not be a Rocket-like buffoon and make outlandish predictions but can only hope Celina has the opportunity to play Brownwood in the playoffs. The problem is Brownwood has a problem with sticking around long enough.

garciap77
06-10-2010, 04:19 PM
:clap: :clap: The return of Rocket. This should get fun.

BEAST

:clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
06-10-2010, 04:24 PM
No chance both will miss

garciap77
06-10-2010, 04:28 PM

:D

garciap77
06-10-2010, 04:29 PM

waterboy
Laugh all you want.:p We will be there before it all over, and Brownwood will once again not live up to the hype.... Gilmer lost a lot of good players, but we don't rebuild....we RELOAD!:cool: We've seen it before from them, and proceeded to win a state championship.

Rocket
Originally posted by Old Tiger
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7260/asdfle.jpg

Hahahahahahahahaha funny

Rocket
06-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Laugh all you want.:p We will be there before it all over, and Brownwood will once again not live up to the hype.... Gilmer lost a lot of good players, but we don't rebuild....we RELOAD!:cool: We've seen it before from them, and proceeded to win a state championship.

Not this year, buddy. Sowwy.

LE Dad
06-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Sorry...been busy congratulating Pleasant Grove on winning yet another title for a Texarkana school.

I guess being #2 is a BIG deal for some. :rolleyes:

Rocket
06-10-2010, 04:32 PM
That is so intellectually stimulating. I am certain you don't want to make a historical comparison as you would lose. We shall see this year. I will not be a Rocket-like buffoon and make outlandish predictions but can only hope Celina has the opportunity to play Brownwood in the playoffs. The problem is Brownwood has a problem with sticking around long enough.

You aren't man enough to be a Rocket-like anything. You are just a wannabe jackass.

DDBooger
06-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Sorry...been busy congratulating Pleasant Grove on winning yet another title for a Texarkana school.

I guess being #2 is a BIG deal for some. :rolleyes: what kind of #2? :thinking: was that a sly reference to defecation? :cool:

DDBooger
06-10-2010, 04:41 PM
You aren't man enough to be a Rocket-like anything. You are just a wannabe jackass. ZING...the board is always livelier when you're around Rocket. I think secretly some of these guys you argue with like it too.

Rocket
06-10-2010, 04:55 PM
ZING...the board is always livelier when you're around Rocket. I think secretly some of these guys you argue with like it too.

BleedOrange has a big man crush on me. It's scary. He board stalks me. LE Dad is even worse. All I have to do is spray urine on my boots and LE Dad comes a running.

LE Dad
06-10-2010, 04:56 PM
what kind of #2? :thinking: was that a sly reference to defecation? :cool: I will just say if anyone would know what a pre season #2 looks like it would be Rocket.:D

waterboy
06-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Not this year, buddy. Sowwy.
Awwww, Rocket made a funny!:p If you are buying into the hype like you have for several years now, you are going to be sorely disappointed when the Lions once again don't live up to your expectations. Honestly, I would LOVE to see Brownwood in the playoffs against Gilmer. We could make our record 4-0 against your district in the playoffs...... :D We don't care where we're ranked so long as we get there. The last time DCTF didn't rank us was in '04, after we lost even more players than we did this past year (one returning starter on offense that year), yet all the Buckeyes did was win a state championship. I like flying under the radar for a change!;) :cool:

injuredinmelee
06-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Who the Hell cares?

Get ready boys...

now if they would just live up to their preseason ranking just once...

LE Dad
06-10-2010, 05:06 PM
BleedOrange has a big man crush on me. It's scary. He board stalks me. LE Dad is even worse. All I have to do is spray urine on my boots and LE Dad comes a running. You urinate on your boots?:confused:

There may not be a cure, but I am sure there is a treatment for that. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

All I did was open a Dave Campbell thread and discovered it full of #2.

Rocket
06-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Awwww, Rocket made a funny!:p If you are buying into the hype like you have for several years now, you are going to be sorely disappointed when the Lions once again don't live up to your expectations. Honestly, I would LOVE to see Brownwood in the playoffs against Gilmer. We could make our record 4-0 against your district in the playoffs...... :D We don't care where we're ranked so long as we get there. The last time DCTF didn't rank us was in '04, after we lost even more players than we did this past year (one returning starter on offense that year), yet all the Buckeyes did was win a state championship. I like flying under the radar for a change!;) :cool:

LOL so if you did it before it will happen again?
Can I use that logic too? Hypocrites.

LE Dad
06-10-2010, 05:11 PM

Can I use that logic too? NO! :D

Rocket
06-10-2010, 05:23 PM
You urinate on your boots?:confused:

There may not be a cure, but I am sure there is a treatment for that. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

All I did was open a Dave Campbell thread and discovered it full of #2.

I rest my case.

IrishTex
06-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Rodney the "Rocket". Nice ring to it.

Back in my day, if we knew of a Rodney in town, we would have taken his lunch money.

:D :D :D

zebrablue2
06-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang

Top 10 in 3A

1. Lucas Lovejoy
2. Brownwood
3. Cuero
4. Carthage
5. Abilene Wylie
6. Prosper
7. Celina
8. Giddings
9. WOS
10. Wimberley

I would have sealy in the top 10. they are gonna be good!!

Rocket
06-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Rodney the "Rocket". Nice ring to it.

Back in my day, if we knew of a Rodney in town, we would have taken his lunch money.

:D :D :D

oh yeah? Did he have a buddy named Beast?
Hm, didn't think so...

BEAST
06-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Hm, didn't think so...

Yea, did he? Lol. You gotta love it when Rocket gets rolling.

BEAST

IrishTex
06-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Hm, didn't think so...

Good question.

Let's ask Beast would he go to "war (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPaEECzwUxI)" with you. I'd be interested in his response.

garciap77
06-10-2010, 09:40 PM
You aren't man enough to be a Rocket-like anything. You are just a wannabe jackass.

garciap77
06-10-2010, 09:41 PM
BleedOrange has a big man crush on me. It's scary. He board stalks me. LE Dad is even worse. All I have to do is spray urine on my boots and LE Dad comes a running.

IrishTex
06-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by garciap77

:D :clap: :D :D

:stirpot:

BEAST
06-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Good question.

Let's ask Beast would he go to "war (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPaEECzwUxI)" with you. I'd be interested in his response.

Didn't watch the YouTube vid you posted, but yea, I got Rockets back.

BEAST

bobcat4life
06-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Hm, didn't think so... I remember my first beer.....

IrishTex
06-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Didn't watch the YouTube vid you posted, but yea, I got Rockets back.

BEAST

I'm sorry man.....

:dispntd:

IrishTex
06-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
I remember my first beer.....

BleedOrange
06-10-2010, 11:12 PM

Just catching up on this thread. I guess if I am being compared a 5'4" washed up water boy named Rocket that is famous in Oak Lawn then I truly am not man enough. Rocket you are very scary with all those inane comments. Speaking of behind I truly believe most real men would not let a diminutive fellow such as yourself walk behind them.

BleedOrange
06-10-2010, 11:20 PM

Rocket have I told you how much I like you. I only go on this board to see what brilliance you have posted. In doing so I have developed a longing to meet you in person and smell the fresh scent of urine on your boots and elsewhere. Nothing more manly than someone who likes to wet himself. You go Rocket!!!! I am sure your village misses you.

orange machine
06-10-2010, 11:45 PM
I understand being excited about your team and all, but Rocket shouldn't your team actually do something before you start crowning them. For the last two years it has been Brownwoods year and y'all have fallen short both times. Y'all have gotten better, but you should wait and win something before you crown yourself because you might and probably will be upset at the end of the year when your team falls short yet again.

orange machine
06-11-2010, 12:34 AM
By the way I would like to take the time and tell everybody i was right that Lucas Lovejoy would be ranked number 1.

waterboy
06-11-2010, 07:19 AM
LOL so if you did it before it will happen again?
Can I use that logic too? Hypocrites.
What "logic" do you use? Rankings?:rolleyes: Rankings don't mean doodley squat. You still have to get it done on the field. We've lived up to the hype for the most part, have y'all? I didn't think so.... ;)

Looking4number8
06-11-2010, 07:22 AM
For the record I am thrilled DC magazine is giving us the respect of a #2 ranking. Of course it wont mean squat if we dont take care of business this year and win the games we are supposed to win and go deep deep deep into the playoffs!

GO BROWNWOOD LIONS!!!!

garciap77
06-11-2010, 07:40 AM
:D :clap: :D :D

:stirpot:

:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

lostaussie
06-11-2010, 07:43 AM
You aren't man enough to be a Rocket-like anything. You are just a wannabe jackass. And now we have resorted to name calling:doh:

44INAROW
06-11-2010, 08:12 AM

yep - it's fixing to get "good" FINALLY :)

Pick6
06-11-2010, 08:18 AM
we will just have to take our 553 students the D1 route playing with the big schools.

I'm guessing Celina had no problem when they had probably the 2nd biggest 2A class when they won their last 2A state title in DII.

Pick6
06-11-2010, 08:18 AM

Isn't that all the same thing.

ronwx5x
06-11-2010, 08:23 AM

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Abraham Lincoln

:p

Charlie47
06-11-2010, 09:08 AM
Who the Hell cares?

Get ready boys...

Hey Rocket,

Whose's #1?:clap: :confused:

LionKing
06-11-2010, 09:08 AM
3adownlow should pay Rocket appearance fees, every thread he appears in becomes 8-15 pages long.

Rocket
06-11-2010, 09:10 AM
And they still love to hate me!!!!

Any more haters wanna chime in???

You guys are gonna really hate me come the end of December.

Rocket
06-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Charlie47
Hey Rocket,

In D2? That would be the Mighty Brownwood Lions!

Rocket
06-11-2010, 09:14 AM
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Abraham Lincoln

:p

BOOOOOOORRRRIIIIINNNGGGG

LE Dad
06-11-2010, 09:23 AM

You guys are gonna really hate me come the end of December. Why??

Are you planning on whinning about woulda coulda shoulda that long!!:thinking:

I would expect that to be over waaaaaay before December .:D

:cool:

LE Dad
06-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Isn't that all the same thing. Yeah, except a jackass doesn't urinate on its boots.:D

Pawdaddy
06-11-2010, 09:29 AM

You know that your team is the real deal when the wannabes
laugh and crow at a simple prediction that someone (anyone, please!) will beat them! The fact is.......YOU ARE SCARED!

charlesrixey
06-11-2010, 09:29 AM
let rocket have his fun. he knows he has to talk big now; you never know when a sneaky 3-7 might pop up again in your first year down a class.

I do think Brownwood will be quite good this year, and maybe they might just get their first championship in a few decades. Anyone who has had to go so long without a championship is bound to be impatient.:)

Charlie47
06-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Yeah, except a jackass doesn't urinate on its boots.:D

LE Dad,

OOoo! You're bad!:clap: :clap: ;)

charlesrixey
06-11-2010, 09:31 AM
I'm guessing Celina had no problem when they had probably the 2nd biggest 2A class when they won their last 2A state title in DII.

as i recall the bobcats didn't fair too poorly the next two years as one of the smallest 3A schools either.

Pick6
06-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
as i recall the bobcats didn't fair too poorly the next two years as one of the smallest 3A schools either.

That's irrelevant, complaning about being a small fish in a big pond when just a few years ago they were the big fish in a small pond is the argument.

Rocket
06-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
And now we have resorted to name calling:doh:

Hey, bleeder started it. He drew first blood.

Rocket
06-11-2010, 09:39 AM
That's irrelevant, complaning about being a small fish in a big pond when just a few years ago they were the big fish in a small pond is the argument.

Celina? Ooooh... Celina... I'd almost forgot about them.

LE Dad
06-11-2010, 09:40 AM
LE Dad,

OOoo! You're bad!:clap: :clap: ;) Hey Charlie, congrats on the #1 spot. i hope you guys keep it ALL YEAR LONG!!:D

ronwx5x
06-11-2010, 09:51 AM

Sounds like something a 12 year old would say. Waaah, he touched me. Make him stop!

Rocket
06-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Hey Charlie, congrats on the #1 spot. i hope you guys keep it ALL YEAR LONG!!:D

I hope they do, too. Remember, and I know this is a very hard concept for you (simpLE Dad), there are 2 #1's in 3A.

Rocket
06-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Sounds like something a 12 year old would say. Waaah, he touched me. Make him stop!

Is that the best you got? LOL I've been gone for 6 months hoping some of you would improve your smack talking. You apparently didn't.

ccmom
06-11-2010, 10:05 AM
I have no doubt Brownwood will be salty this year.

I do have a question...

Didn't Dave Campbell have Brownwood ranked as #3 in the preseason in 2008?

:thinking:

Just saying....

:devil:

LE Dad
06-11-2010, 10:08 AM
I hope they do, too. Remember, and I know this is a very hard concept for you (simpLE Dad), there are 2 #1's in 3A. Remember 1 of them won't be Brownwood.

It is not where you start but where you finish that matters and finishing has not been a Bwood strongpoint.:cool:

BleedOrange
06-11-2010, 10:08 AM

Is Rocket crying?? I was referring to your ongoing ridiculous comments not you personally. My apologies if it did not come off that way.

Pendragon13
06-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
By the way I would like to take the time and tell everybody i was right that Lucas Lovejoy would be ranked number 1. That's a pretty easy pick since they nearly knocked Wylie out of the state title game last year, and bring nearly everyone back for another round..

LE Dad
06-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by ccmom

I do have a question...

Just saying....

:devil: Was that a ranking or a win prediction?:confused: :confused:

nobogey72
06-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Who the Hell cares?

Get ready boys...

WRONG !!! I called you crazy because you're a moron. I figured ya'll would be ranked pretty high. Who cares? I guess when a program has down as long as Ya'lls, a little preseason recognition is better than nothing. Let's all get "giddy" about it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BleedOrange
06-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
WRONG !!! I called you crazy because you're a moron. I figured ya'll would be ranked pretty high. Who cares? I guess when a program has down as long as Ya'lls, a little preseason recognition is better than nothing. Let's all get "giddy" about it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Becareful when Rocket gets giddy he admittedly wets himself.

charlesrixey
06-11-2010, 10:40 AM

actually it is when the years are consecutive and you are trying to point to it as an advantage. they were successfully both as the bully and the new kid on the block. It would've been one thing if Celina had gone 3-7 in its first year in 3A after that 800 point season in 2A.

Pick6
06-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
actually it is when the years are consecutive and you are trying to point to it as an advantage. they were successfully both as the bully and the new kid on the block. It would've been one thing if Celina had gone 3-7 in its first year in 3A after that 800 point season in 2A.

I guess if that makes sense to you :rolleyes:

Blackcat1954
06-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Does anyone actually have the magazine in their hands yet?

Hope to get one Monday

bigwood33
06-11-2010, 12:03 PM
I went to Walmart yesterday afternoon and again this morning an did not find it.

MUSTANG69
06-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
I went to Walmart yesterday afternoon and again this morning an did not find it.

Just got back from H.E.B. They don't have it either.

garciap77
06-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Hey Rocket,

garciap77
06-11-2010, 12:22 PM

I do have a question...

Just saying....

garciap77
06-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Remember 1 of them won't be Brownwood.

It is not where you start but where you finish that matters and finishing has not been a Bwood strongpoint.:cool:

Are you talking baseball or football?:D

garciap77
06-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Becareful when Rocket gets giddy he admittedly wets himself.

bobcat4life
06-11-2010, 12:32 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

lionfever
06-11-2010, 01:21 PM
I got my copy yesterday. The Texas Sports Hall of Fame gets it in early. Dave Campbell will be signing them tomorrow.

BwdLion73
06-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Well this was a 20 minute waste of my time to catch up on 10 pages of name calling! :D :D :D

...but it beats the heck out of the political topics.;)

lionfever
06-11-2010, 02:19 PM
On the Cover:

Case Keenum of Houston

Jerrod Johnson of A&M

Andy Dalton of TCU

nobogey72
06-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by lionfever
On the Cover:

Case Keenum of Houston

Jerrod Johnson of A&M

Andy Dalton of TCU

WHAT???? Nobody from Brownwood? Those people just have no idea.:rolleyes:

BEAST
06-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by lionfever
On the Cover:

Case Keenum of Houston

Jerrod Johnson of A&M

Andy Dalton of TCU

Rodney "Rocket" Davis of Brownwood

BEAST

lionfever
06-11-2010, 02:55 PM
I was shocked too! No Shipley?? We deserve at least that.

BEAST
06-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Bogey and Fever, yall misread it. Look at my post right between yalls last posts. Look real hard at the quote. Brownwood is on there.

BEAST

lionfever
06-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Oh there he is. Then all is right with the world. GO LIONS!

garciap77
06-11-2010, 03:31 PM
WHAT???? Nobody from Brownwood? Those people just have no idea.:rolleyes:

garciap77
06-11-2010, 03:32 PM
BEAST

Rodney "Rocket" Davis of Brownwood !

LE Dad
06-11-2010, 03:41 PM
:D :dispntd: :dispntd:

Rocket is like an oilspill you can't stop him but with some luck maybe he can be contained, but I am sure Wylie is ready to put a "cap" on his smack yet agaiiiiiin.:D

BEAST
06-11-2010, 03:42 PM
:dispntd: :dispntd:

Rocket is like an oilspill you can't stop him but with some luck maybe he can be contained, but I am sure Wylie is ready to put a "cap" on his smack yet agaiiiiiin.:D

Not this year.

BEAST

garciap77
06-11-2010, 03:48 PM
:dispntd: :dispntd:

Are you talking about baseball or football:confused: :confused: :D

LE Dad
06-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Are you talking about baseball or football:confused: :confused: :D Make it multiple choice and I will go with "C"- All of the above.:p

LH Panther Mom
06-11-2010, 05:10 PM

I do have a question...

Just saying....

:foul: :foul: :foul: DANG IT!!!!!!! Stop posting my thoughts before I get a chance! :p

Rocket
06-11-2010, 05:16 PM
We were a legitimate Preseason #3 in 2008! The best Offense in 3A and we lost Vacarro right after the first scrimmage.

Last year we rebuilt and had some injuries.

This year, we destroy everybody.

Liberty Hill RIP

Rocket
06-11-2010, 05:23 PM

I am a moron in maroon. No doubt.

Why should we be ranked high? We are down...:rolleyes: That Wild Turkey is really starting to affect your thoughts. Say hi to the penguin for me at the country club...

garciap77
06-11-2010, 06:11 PM
We were a legitimate Preseason #3 in 2008! The best Offense in 3A and we lost Vacarro right after the first scrimmage.

Liberty Hill RIP

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_8629posting-1.jpg

garciap77
06-11-2010, 06:48 PM

Liberty Hill RIP

CelinaCatFan
06-11-2010, 07:22 PM
You guys crack me up! Now that Region 2 is stacked and the best in the state, what will they complain about now? No more that we (region 2) have the easiest road in the playoffs and never play anyone :rolleyes:

NOTE: DCTF shows that Region 2 has 10 of the top 25 teams.

garciap77
06-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
You guys crack me up! Now that Region 2 is stacked and the best in the state, what will they complain about now? No more that we (region 2) have the easiest road in the playoffs and never play anyone :rolleyes:

NOTE: DCTF shows that Region 2 has 10 of the top 25 teams.

turbostud
06-11-2010, 10:30 PM
I looked for DCTF in Port Isabel today with no luck.:(

Rocket
06-11-2010, 11:32 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_8629posting-1.jpg

Where's that Gilmer/Wylie scoreboard shot?

oldtownag
06-12-2010, 08:20 AM
We have them out in Forney.

DCTF picks the Carthage Bulldogs to threepeat!

oldtownag
06-12-2010, 08:27 AM
THREE-PEAT: That sounds Grand

Rocket
06-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag

If y'all barely beat Graham, Carthage will have mucho problemos with Brownwood. Not worried about Carthage. Not in the least...

ronwx5x
06-12-2010, 02:40 PM
If y'all barely beat Graham, Carthage will have mucho problemos with Brownwood. Not worried about Carthage. Not in the least...

Uh oh, living in the past again Rocket!

Rocket
06-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Uh oh, living in the past again Rocket!

The past is relevant in this situation. Opponents in common.

LE Dad
06-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Wimberly>Brownwood
Graham>Wimberly
Carthage>Graham

LE Dad
06-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan

NOTE: DCTF shows that Region 2 has 10 of the top 25 teams. :D :D

ronwx5x
06-12-2010, 04:17 PM

But still the past. One of your favorite ploys is accusing others of living in the past, yet here you go. :cool:

Come on Rocket, stay focused and relevant. :eek:

catgut
06-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Great...we get to play two of them in first five weeks! Lovejoy and Celina. Should get to see some good football teams.

bigwood33
06-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by catgut
Great...we get to play two of them in first five weeks! Lovejoy and Celina. Should get to see some good football teams.
And both of them will go Division 1 so you will get to see the winner of those 2 for a 2nd time in the 2nd round.

Rocket
06-12-2010, 10:22 PM
But still the past. One of your favorite ploys is accusing others of living in the past, yet here you go. :cool:

Come on Rocket, stay focused and relevant. :eek:

Lol this is too easy...

Brownwood fans are accused of living in the past. I just redirect when the past is brought up. You know, double standards. Are you a woman? Ronnie? I know that name can go both ways. :D

BEAST
06-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Let's go Rocket!!! Let's go Rocket!!!

BEAST

Emerson1
06-13-2010, 01:50 AM

Just picked mine up.

3afan
06-13-2010, 06:05 AM
:thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
06-13-2010, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Just picked mine up.
I got ours yesterday afternoon. :)

buckeyebob
06-13-2010, 06:56 AM

You guys are gonna really hate me come the end of December.

An opportunity to play B'wood...we will enjoy it...see youin Div. II this year

buckeyebob
06-13-2010, 07:04 AM
THREE-PEAT: That sounds Grand

This looks like the year for two State Champs from the same district to me...Unfortunatley, the Bulldogs won't have a perfect season.

ronwx5x
06-13-2010, 08:34 AM
Lol this is too easy...

Brownwood fans are accused of living in the past. I just redirect when the past is brought up. You know, double standards. Are you a woman? Ronnie? I know that name can go both ways. :D

Again, Stay focused and relevant. Insulting me by questioning my preferred sexuality? Come on, someone who calls himself "Rocket" should not be denigrating other's names! My name or sex has no relevance to high school football.

Obviously your only offense is to to call names and divert attention away from your own irrelevance. Welcome to an adult-ruled world!:inlove:

LE Dad
06-13-2010, 10:09 AM
[B] Come on, someone who calls himself "Rocket" should not be denigrating other's names! [lB] :eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
06-13-2010, 11:55 AM
Where's that Gilmer/Wylie scoreboard shot?

Don't worry about that one!:D

garciap77
06-13-2010, 11:56 AM
Let's go Rocket!!! Let's go Rocket!!!

BEAST

:ditto:

Old Cardinal
06-13-2010, 01:08 PM
I keep hearing on this board over the years how cocky Brownwood & Celina are...what gives?

garciap77
06-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I keep hearing on this board over the years how cocky Brownwood & Celina are...what gives?
I don't know about Celina, but the Lions football players aren't.

Rocket
06-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Again, Stay focused and relevant. Insulting me by questioning my preferred sexuality? Come on, someone who calls himself "Rocket" should not be denigrating other's names! My name or sex has no relevance to high school football.

Obviously your only offense is to to call names and divert attention away from your own irrelevance. Welcome to an adult-ruled world!:inlove:

I am relevant. I was just making sure you weren't a woman. I hate making women cry.

Rocket
06-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

It is mostly shtick on the Brownwood side... we are playing around. But, we are good.

Blackcat1954
06-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Still not out at Walmart or HEB in Bay City Yet

Last year it came on on a Monday

hopefully on Tuesday

NastySlot
06-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Blackcat1954
Still not out at Walmart or HEB in Bay City Yet

Last year it came on on a Monday

hopefully on Tuesday

yeah wasn't out this weekend at our walmart....my son was at hastings and picked one up for me.

BEAST
06-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Got mine at Hastings.

BEAST

garciap77
06-14-2010, 03:27 PM
I am relevant. I was just making sure you weren't a woman. I hate making women cry.

Rocket
06-14-2010, 05:52 PM

Actually, Rambo said it. And Rambo is one of the baddest men to ever walk the planet (in the movies). Ronnie baby...:o

oldtownag
06-14-2010, 06:01 PM

See my signature. We have the hardware. You got nothing.

buckeyebob
06-14-2010, 06:20 PM

:stirpot: :stirpot:

DDBooger
06-14-2010, 06:21 PM
See my signature. We have the hardware. You got nothing. Doesn't Brownwood have like 7 of those?

ronwx5x
06-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Actually, Rambo said it. And Rambo is one of the baddest men to ever walk the planet (in the movies). Ronnie baby...:o

Actually Rodney , Rambo is a totally made up character. Relevance in this case refers to high school football, not pointless daydreaming!

You spelled out what players the Lions have returning and that make much more sense than making up names or pointing at someone else's name. After all, I didn't name myself, "Rocket", or even Ronnie. I was given that name.

Bosqueville
06-14-2010, 09:18 PM
I assume the next thing someone will say is oh well that was 30 years ago. I'd like to know if those Carthage boys will feel just as proud of these championships 30 years from now?

LE Dad
06-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
I assume the next thing someone will say is oh well that was 30 years ago. I'd like to know if those Carthage boys will feel just as proud of these championships 30 years from now? If they can keep Scott Surrat from going back to T High when it opens up, Carthage will have several more to go with em in 30 years.:D

Welcome to the board.:clap: :clap:

Rocket
06-14-2010, 09:50 PM

Y'all were good champs back in 2009. That's over. We beat the same team you did in the state championship by 1 point. With a 3rd string qb. Lol bring it.

Rocket
06-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Actually Rodney , Rambo is a totally made up character. Relevance in this case refers to high school football, not pointless daydreaming!

You spelled out what players the Lions have returning and that make much more sense than making up names or pointing at someone else's name. After all, I didn't name myself, "Rocket", or even Ronnie. I was given that name.

I was given the name Rocket. Most people know me as that. It's called a nickname. You might look into it. I have one for you, but it will get me kicked off the board.

LE Dad
06-14-2010, 10:01 PM
I was given the name Rocket. Most people know me as that. It's called a nickname. You might look into it. I have one for you, but it will get me kicked off the board. The D2 title will be in East Texas again in 2010. It may or may not be at Bwoods expense.:cool:

Rocket
06-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Latest 7-on-7 News...

3A Brownwood wipes the floor with 5A State Champs Abilene High. 33-19...were about to make it 40-19 from the 7 yard line, but lightning ended the game. :D

Hey Ronnie, how's that for some relevance? Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

SAsports
06-14-2010, 10:59 PM
I'll be doing the music for Dave Campbell's Tour Stop in Uvalde next Monday, and looking forward to getting an autographed copy! ;)

orange machine
06-15-2010, 05:27 AM
Latest 7-on-7 News...

3A Brownwood wipes the floor with 5A State Champs Abilene High. 33-19...were about to make it 40-19 from the 7 yard line, but lightning ended the game. :D

Hey Ronnie, how's that for some relevance? Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

If I'm not mistaken Brownwood got beat by Abilene Cooper in the first game 34 to 26 before yall played Abilene High right? Sounded like a good game you should have told us about that game as well.:confused:

Looking4number8
06-15-2010, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
I assume the next thing someone will say is oh well that was 30 years ago. I'd like to know if those Carthage boys will feel just as proud of these championships 30 years from now?

Thank you, well put!:clap: :clap:

garciap77
06-15-2010, 07:51 AM

garciap77
06-15-2010, 07:53 AM
I was given the name Rocket. Most people know me as that. It's called a nickname. You might look into it. I have one for you, but it will get me kicked off the board.

garciap77
06-15-2010, 07:54 AM
If I'm not mistaken Brownwood got beat by Abilene Cooper in the first game 34 to 26 before yall played Abilene High right? Sounded like a good game you should have told us about that game as well.:confused:

LOL

Rocket
06-15-2010, 10:36 AM

Beating Abilene High is way more noteworthy than losing to Cooper. LOL

bobcat4life
06-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Beating Abilene High is way more noteworthy than losing to Cooper. LOL Your varsity beating their 7TH grade isnt very impressive

44INAROW
06-15-2010, 10:55 AM
while amusing some of these post are - I have to ask - how old are some of you? :doh:

ccmom
06-15-2010, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
while amusing some of these post are - I have to ask - how old are some of you? :doh:

The Brownwood boys must be older than you would think, considering they remember Brownwood's last state title. :devil:

garciap77
06-15-2010, 11:19 AM
The Brownwood boys must be older than you would think, considering they remember Brownwood's last state title. :devil:

garciap77
06-15-2010, 11:22 AM
FIFA 3A Texas Cup 2010

Wylie vs Brownwood

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/v8c6i2H7blnb5dLA

ccmom! That was a nice beat down you and bogey gave them Brownwood Boys the other day!:D

LE Dad
06-15-2010, 11:31 AM
The Brownwood boys must be older than you would think, considering they remember Brownwood's last state title. :devil: I was in the 7th or 8th grade.:D

garciap77
06-15-2010, 11:37 AM
I was in the 7th or 8th grade.:D

WOW How old are you? 80!!!!:D

;)

ccmom
06-15-2010, 11:42 AM
ccmom! That was a nice beat down you and bogey gave them Brownwood Boys the other day!:D

Oh my....

My kids will get a "kick" out of that video. :)

BwdLion73
06-15-2010, 11:43 AM

:clap: I don't remember 60 or 65 but I do remember 67,69,70.78, and 81.....and sorta 77. ;)

garciap77
06-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Oh my....

My kids will get a "kick" out of that video. :)

I think L4#8 is still mad about the beat down!!!LOL

P.S. Two vs three and you still beat them!!!LOL

ccmom
06-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
:clap: I don't remember 60 or 65 but I do remember 67,69,70.78, and 81.....and sorta 77. ;)

Nice! :clap: :clap:

44INAROW
06-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Was 70 the year against Cuero? I was at that game.. I guess the only BW game I've ever seen.

Blackcat1954
06-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Still can't find the magazine in Bay City and it wasn't in Wharton yesterday late afternoon.

Hopefully later in the week. That's part of living in the sticks

Sville
06-15-2010, 12:38 PM
This request goes out to the Rocket, Lord of the almost Rings.

http://vimeo.com/6649871

LE Dad
06-15-2010, 12:41 PM
WOW How old are you? 80!!!!:D

;) No, but I may be before they find #8!:D :p :nerd:

garciap77
06-15-2010, 12:49 PM
No, but I may be before they find #8!:D :p :nerd:

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Rocket
06-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Sville
This request goes out to the Rocket, Lord of the almost Rings.

http://vimeo.com/6649871

I love the Guyer Video..Especially the one where Gillespie was crying about how big Guyer was.. Classic.

ronwx5x
06-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Forget who was playing. That was a beatdown no matter the reasons. Now I'm fairly certain it was edited by S'ville folks, but still, it was ugly.:nerd:

BwdLion73
06-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Was 70 the year against Cuero? I was at that game.. I guess the only BW game I've ever seen.

Yes, around 20 degrees at game time. First time we had ever played Cureo. I was so naive I did not know if Cureo was North, South, up or down. I remember thinking how tuff could a school that calls themselfs Turkeys be?

I don't mean that in a bad way...we found out they were pretty rough birds!;)

Sville
06-15-2010, 01:29 PM
With all kidding aside the Loins are going to be pretty dang good this year. That game at GWS is going to be a good one. Yall better bookmark this page b/c that is the last time you will see me admit it.

Talk all the smack about Coach Gillespie you want but one thing he ain't is scared.

Sville pre-district schedule:
Week 0: 4A #2 Aledo (away)
Week 1: 3A #5 Abilene Wylie (home)
Week 2: 3A #2 Brownwood (away)
Week 4: 5A Lewisville Hebron (home)
Week 5: 5A Mesquite Horn (home)

Rocket
06-15-2010, 01:48 PM
With all kidding aside the Loins are going to be pretty dang good this year. That game at GWS is going to be a good one. Yall better bookmark this page b/c that is the last time you will see me admit it.

Talk all the smack about Coach Gillespie you want but one thing he ain't is scared.

Sville pre-district schedule:
Week 0: 4A #2 Aledo (away)
Week 1: 3A #5 Abilene Wylie (home)
Week 2: 3A #2 Brownwood (away)
Week 4: 5A Lewisville Hebron (home)
Week 5: 5A Mesquite Horn (home)

How is Hebron? Have they fallen off lately?

Sville
06-15-2010, 01:57 PM
How is Hebron? Have they fallen off lately?

They went 4-6 last year avg. 34 pts a game but gave up 30 a game. I don't have my DCTF in front of me but I do remember they return several starters off of a very good offense. And they had a 4 star RB from Florida move in this spring. They are loaded on the off. side of the ball. But the Hawks still have big question marks on the defensive side.

Rocket
06-15-2010, 03:42 PM
They went 4-6 last year avg. 34 pts a game but gave up 30 a game. I don't have my DCTF in front of me but I do remember they return several starters off of a very good offense. And they had a 4 star RB from Florida move in this spring. They are loaded on the off. side of the ball. But the Hawks still have big question marks on the defensive side.

Yeah, Hebron usually has a very good team.

nobogey72
06-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Latest 7-on-7 News...

Rocket, again, you are forgetting that some of us that live in Abilene might have been there. Totally inaccurate assessment you made there. There was 1 touchdown difference (yes Brownwood was ahead) but the last play of the game was Abilene High intercepting and having the ball to go tie the game. If you are going to tell "stories" as the truth, you might remember that some of us were there. Sounds to me like you are trying to convince yourself that ya'll are better than you are. Why not just say we were ahead of AHS (even though it was only 2 possessions deep into the 2nd half) and let it go at that. I think we all know that ya'll are "capable" of being real good next year. Oh, and BTW----you're a MORON:D

Rocket
06-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Rocket, again, you are forgetting that some of us that live in Abilene might have been there. Totally inaccurate assessment you made there. There was 1 touchdown difference (yes Brownwood was ahead) but the last play of the game was Abilene High intercepting and having the ball to go tie the game. If you are going to tell "stories" as the truth, you might remember that some of us were there. Sounds to me like you are trying to convince yourself that ya'll are better than you are. Why not just say we were ahead of AHS (even though it was only 2 possessions deep into the 2nd half) and let it go at that. I think we all know that ya'll are "capable" of being real good next year. Oh, and BTW----you're a MORON:D

Hey BEAST... shut this man up...

And why were you there? Wylie was too scared to show up...

BEAST
06-15-2010, 07:11 PM

Hello, let me introduce myself. You know me as BEAST, the football players know me as coach Brad, 7 on 7 coach for Brownwood. Halftime score was 33-12. First play after half Abilene intercepted a pass and scored shortly after making it 33-19. We took the ball down field to around the 7 or 10. Either way, it was a first down and we would have scored as Abilene had no answer for Shipley or our slots. However, the game was called due to lightning. Anymore questions?

BEAST

95mustang
06-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Hello, let me introduce myself. You know me as BEAST, the football players know me as coach Brad, 7 on 7 coach for Brownwood. Halftime score was 33-12. First play after half Abilene intercepted a pass and scored shortly after making it 33-19. We took the ball down field to around the 7 or 10. Either way, it was a first down and we would have scored as Abilene had no answer for Shipley or our slots. However, the game was called due to lightning. Anymore questions?

BEAST

:clap: :D

nobogey72
06-16-2010, 08:39 AM

BEAST

Well let me introduce myself. Your know me as Nobogey, but my wife knows me as "Tripod". There! Now, either you (Beast or Brad or whatever) or the AHS 7 on 7 coach has a math and or memory problem. He called me first thing yesterday morning to tell me about the game (and yes to tell me how talented Brownwood was). After I saw Rocket's post I called him back to make sure that what he told me was accurate. He said yes, there was 1 score difference and the last play of the game was an AHS interception. So....... seeing as how he is a good customer of mine I'm going with his version (even though he did 3 tours in Viet Nam and may have some lingering agent orange issues) Either way doesn't matter....... the main point here is that Rocket is a moron:D

BEAST
06-16-2010, 08:50 AM
Well let me introduce myself. Your know me as Nobogey, but my wife knows me as "Tripod".

So, you like taking pictures?:D

BEAST

Blackcat1954
06-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Still looking for a copy in the Bay City area-Maybe tomorrow when Walgreens gets their shipment of new magazines.

Maybe HEB will get a new shipment on Friday-otherwise its wait until Monday or drive to Rosenberg

garciap77
06-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Well let me introduce myself. Your know me as Nobogey, but my wife knows me as "Tripod". There! Now, either you (Beast or Brad or whatever) or the AHS 7 on 7 coach has a math and or memory problem. He called me first thing yesterday morning to tell me about the game (and yes to tell me how talented Brownwood was). After I saw Rocket's post I called him back to make sure that what he told me was accurate. He said yes, there was 1 score difference and the last play of the game was an AHS interception. So....... seeing as how he is a good customer of mine I'm going with his version (even though he did 3 tours in Viet Nam and may have some lingering agent orange issues) Either way doesn't matter....... the main point here is that Rocket is a moron :D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Brownwood always has talent!

Rocket
06-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Well let me introduce myself. Your know me as Nobogey, but my wife knows me as "Tripod". There! Now, either you (Beast or Brad or whatever) or the AHS 7 on 7 coach has a math and or memory problem. He called me first thing yesterday morning to tell me about the game (and yes to tell me how talented Brownwood was). After I saw Rocket's post I called him back to make sure that what he told me was accurate. He said yes, there was 1 score difference and the last play of the game was an AHS interception. So....... seeing as how he is a good customer of mine I'm going with his version (even though he did 3 tours in Viet Nam and may have some lingering agent orange issues) Either way doesn't matter....... the main point here is that Rocket is a moron:D

Your calling BEAST a liar? I am calling that AHS coach a liar or just another Abilene Moron, like yourself and garciap.

SIDENOTE: We all know that anybody that makes reference to the size of their **** is usually just a little guy. Awww, nobogey, the wittle guy or wee man. Whichever you prefer.

garciap77
06-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Your calling BEAST a liar? I am calling that AHS coach a liar or just another Abilene Moron, like yourself and garciap.

SIDENOTE: We all know that anybody that makes reference to the size of their **** is usually just a little guy. Awww, nobogey, the wittle guy or wee man. Whichever you prefer.

Easy big boy! You know it's all in fun!:D

bbfan2010
06-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Does this go to farther than top 10?