PDA

View Full Version : I have a question!!!!

Ranger Mom
01-07-2004, 09:54 AM
Is there a site where you can go to see what enrollment numbers your school turned in?

The reason I ask is I was talking to a player's mom yesterday and she said her son came home saying Greenwood would probably be 2-A come re-alignment. I told her NO WAY based on all I have read. I thought we had around 520 last enrollment. I think we have lost some - but not enough to go down a class!!

<small>[ January 07, 2004, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Ranger Mom ]</small>

vet93
01-07-2004, 01:57 PM
I think that the other players mom may have been smoking some funny cigarettes or something wink Greenwood turned in 517 last alignment and would likely have to lose well over a 100 students at high school to qualify for 2a.

Ranger Mom
01-07-2004, 04:01 PM
LOL!! That's what I thought. I tried to explain to her that we were around the middle in the class - if we dropped down then everyone in 3-A below us would drop down too!!

I was just curious what #'s we turned in and didn't know if that info was posted somewhere or some people (who seem to know what their school turned in) were actually just getting the numbers FROM the school.

WoodvilleFan
01-07-2004, 04:16 PM
Ranger Mom:
LOL!! That's what I thought. I tried to explain to her that we were around the middle in the class - if we dropped down then everyone in 3-A below us would drop down too!!

I was just curious what #'s we turned in and didn't know if that info was posted somewhere or some people (who seem to know what their school turned in) were actually just getting the numbers FROM the school.The official numbers are not posted anywhere right now. Posters quoting numbers either have gotten them from the school itself, rumor mill, or just made them up. When the UIL posts the new alignment each school will be listed with it's reported enrollment. Some people just make outrageous statements like the one you heard about Greenwood. The Woodville board president told my father that Woodville's super told the board president that Newton was staying AAA and Woodville was dropping to AA. Since the UIL will not release any info until Feb and the fact that the two schools only reported a difference of 7 kids between them it is highly unlikely he knows what he is talking about.

3afan
01-07-2004, 05:12 PM
Ranger Mom:
Is there a site where you can go to see what enrollment numbers your school turned in?No there is not ...

Burnet Dawg06
01-07-2004, 05:59 PM
does anybody know what day in feb. that they are going to release the new alignments?

Gilmer Buckeye
01-07-2004, 06:36 PM
Monday, Feb. 2, is 'Re-Day.'