PDA

View Full Version : What if a Texas team did this......

waterboy
06-08-2010, 01:07 PM
What do you think the UIL would do to a school that broke the rules like this Florida school? Check this out:

http://www.fhsaa.org/news/2010/0607.htm

Could, or would the UIL do something like this?:eek: Rules are rules, right?

ronwx5x
06-08-2010, 01:12 PM
As we all are aware, most private schools in Texas are not part of UIL. Private schools do not want to follow UIL rules when it comes to recruiting, scholarships, etc. Looks like some Florida schools don't want to follow the state rules either!:(

buckeyebob
06-09-2010, 05:06 AM
Looks like an overreaction to me. Just a technicality. Besides, rules are merely suggestions. :p All's fair in love & football.

garciap77
06-09-2010, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
Looks like an overreaction to me. Just a technicality. Besides, rules are merely suggestions. :p All's fair in love & football.

:thinking:

:D

bobcat4life
06-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
Looks like an overreaction to me. Just a technicality. Besides, rules are merely suggestions. :p All's fair in love & football. does this explain why Gilmer has been so good recently?

Old Cardinal
06-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Tragically, That is the same situation you will have if they let the private school join in playing with the public schools.
They recruit FREELY by throwing out free schooling for good athletes! Louisiana has private schools with 150 students with 70 of them athletes brought in from a four state recruitment area. A little town with the same number of students cannot even compete in any sport because they are entered in the same number classification!

Old Tiger
06-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Spark Notes of the situation please.

LH Panther Mom
06-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Spark Notes of the situation please.
The school cheated - see below and a bunch of other punishments. :p

The school is fined $260,800 (two hundred and sixty thousand and eight hundred dollars).

^^^ This cracked me up! :D

waterboy
06-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The school cheated - see below and a bunch of other punishments. :p

The school is fined $260,800 (two hundred and sixty thousand and eight hundred dollars).

^^^ This cracked me up! :D
Yeah, that's crazy! I wondered if they would do the same if it was a public school....:eek:

LH Panther Mom
06-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Yeah, that's crazy! I wondered if they would do the same if it was a public school....:eek:
The part that cracked me up was that they felt like they had to spell out the amount of the fine! :D