PDA

View Full Version : Some clarification of my ranting

XMan
06-07-2010, 07:38 PM
I did lots of ranting and got off topic with a few things and just wanted to get back on and clear a few things up.

1. I have nothing against football. I do not want to pull football down, I want to lift up ALL the other team sports. Football in Texas is tremendous. We have the best players/coaches/fans in the nation. The reason its the best is because of the way the school districts and communities support the sport. It would be great if the schools would support all the sports. The way football is supported by the communities makes the football stadium the place to be on Friday nights in the fall. No one can deny that.

2. I have no personal vendetta against any person/school district. I dont have a dog in the fight. I have no children in athletics nor any that have ever been in athletics. My statements are about helping others.

3. I used baseball as my example but I could have used basketball just the same. Baseball is not more important than any other sport. ALL the sports are important.

When I get my thoughts together Im going to sit down and think out a plan or vision if you like as to how ALL the athletic department could work TOGETHER for the good of ALL student athletes. Until then, have a great evening.

TheDOCTORdre
06-07-2010, 07:57 PM
so does that mean we dont have to hear your ranting anymore

NateDawg39
06-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
so does that mean we dont have to hear your ranting anymore BAM!!!

Additup
06-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Its all good X. It ain't in writing it up though. Its about getting/ keeping good people that are on the same page.

DDBooger
06-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
so does that mean we dont have to hear your ranting anymore I was here?

Pendragon13
06-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Texas is a football state, always has been and always will be. We enjoy other sports as well, but with few exceptions all schools (high school and college) are judged by how well their football teams do. Even a program that isn't very successful on the field can earn respect by playing fair and not complaining about their misfortune.

sinton66
06-07-2010, 08:07 PM
I think it's slowly changing for baseball and softball. They are beginning to come around. A lot depends on the success their programs can build on and the facilities they use. I don't know if a softball or baseball away game will ever draw the crowds that football does, but the successful programs do start to have a good following. I know in Sinton, the softball field got an upgrade first. It turned out REAL well too. It's now a first class facility. The football stadium is undergoing upgrade now and is supposed to be ready by next season and then the baseball field takes it's turn. (Now, if I could just talk them into turning that big vacant lot on the west end of the field into more parking, we'd be really set.)

3ADL started out as a football only board, but has evolved into all high school sports in their respective seasons.If we can change, the general public can't be too far behind.;)

XMan
06-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Change does not happen when people sit on their rears and do nothing. Change happens when people take action. I hate to hear about the people who just go with the flow. They do things a certain way because its the way its always been done. I challenge these people to think for themselves and not be such followers.

LH Panther Mom
06-07-2010, 08:45 PM
:2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Pendragon13
06-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by XMan
Change does not happen when people sit on their rears and do nothing. Change happens when people take action. I hate to hear about the people who just go with the flow. They do things a certain way because its the way its always been done. I challenge these people to think for themselves and not be such followers. You can't force people to love other sports/extra-curriculars as much as football (or whatever their fave is) by taking "action" as you put it. Nobody is forcing football on anybody else...people just throw their support behind what they like/feel is most important.