06-07-2010, 01:30 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/golf/news/story?id=5260604

What do you think FarmersFan? :D

Farmersfan
06-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/golf/news/story?id=5260604

What do you think FarmersFan? :D

The fact that you asked shows that you already know my opinion on this crap. Of course some will dismiss it as not important but there is a reason very few other pro athletes compete at golf. The amount of practice required to be competitive at pro golf is tremendous. Most people understand that you can't split your time between two sports and excel at either one. He's got the NOT EXCELLING down pat with football so now he is concentrating on NOT EXCELLING at golf. Go Tony!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
06-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
The fact that you asked shows that you already know my opinion on this crap. Of course some will dismiss it as not important but there is a reason very few other pro athletes compete at golf. The amount of practice required to be competitive at pro golf is tremendous. Most people understand that you can't split your time between two sports and excel at either one. He's got the NOT EXCELLING down pat with football so now he is concentrating on NOT EXCELLING at golf. Go Tony!!!!!

so sad that you feel Tony Romo needs to ONLY think and play football 24 hrs a day so YOU can feel worth something

Pick6
06-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
so sad that you feel Tony Romo needs to ONLY think and play football 24 hrs a day so YOU can feel worth something

I guess FF doesn't take a day off to go fishing or something. Just work 24-7.

Farmersfan
06-07-2010, 02:56 PM

Thanks for crawling out of the woodwork Tx!!!! :D I knew you would be the first to step up. You never disappoint.
Let the Romo love fest begin!!!!!!

Pick6
06-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Thanks for crawling out of the woodwork Tx!!!! :D I knew you would be the first to step up. You never disappoint.

It's not a Romo love fest, it's letting someone do what they enjoy on their day off.

DDBooger
06-07-2010, 02:59 PM
:devil: I'm an instigator! lol

Txbroadcaster
06-07-2010, 02:59 PM

not a lovefest..just dont have this seething hate you do for players like Romo and Dirk who you feel must do EVERYTHING to be succesful and when the TEAM fails you want to point and scream THEY DID IT THERE FAULT...then claim but but I am a FAN

Your not a fan..your one who sits on the side and gripes and gripes and gripes till they do something great and then go WOOHOO I KNEW IT ALL ALONG.

And dont think I am saying people dont need to be critical of Romo for his mistakes..I am saying some of you people get almost fanatical in picking thru his life an trying to find ANYTHING you can to pinpoint and say SEE THIS IS A MISTAKE!!!!

Farmersfan
06-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
I guess FF doesn't take a day off to go fishing or something. Just work 24-7.

Naw! Even when I fish I hate Romo!!!

And let's not forget that, unlike Romo, I don't fade in the late season stretch in my job. :D :D (but of course if I had a bunch of people making excuses for me like he does it might not matter)

Pick6
06-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Naw! Even when I fish I hate Romo!!!

And let's not forget that, unlike Romo, I don't fade in the late season stretch in my job. :D :D (but of course if I had a bunch of people making excuses for me like he does it might not matter)

Why aren't you doing something in the sports industry? You think you have all the answers. One would think that you'd have your own ESPN show. Even someone as dumb as Jim Rome had a show, what's your excuse?

Farmersfan
06-07-2010, 03:10 PM
not a lovefest..just dont have this seething hate you do for players like Romo and Dirk who you feel must do EVERYTHING to be succesful and when the TEAM fails you want to point and scream THEY DID IT THERE FAULT...then claim but but I am a FAN

Your not a fan..your one who sits on the side and gripes and gripes and gripes till they do something great and then go WOOHOO I KNEW IT ALL ALONG.

And dont think I am saying people dont need to be critical of Romo for his mistakes..I am saying some of you people get almost fanatical in picking thru his life an trying to find ANYTHING you can to pinpoint and say SEE THIS IS A MISTAKE!!!!

Wow TX! Thanks for that. Where do I send the payment? LOL

But I have to ask, If that is the way I am then why am I not that way with ALL athletes? Why does this "seething" hatred only apply to a select few? And if I don't act like this with 99.5% of the other players on the team can I be a fan then or do I HAVE to support Romo too in order to gain FAN status???? Just trying to learn the TX's rules of fandom. :D

Farmersfan
06-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Why aren't you doing something in the sports industry? You think you have all the answers. One would think that you'd have your own ESPN show. Even someone as dumb as Jim Rome had a show, what's your excuse?

Doesn't that go both ways? Since it's either you or TX who tells me how wrong I am every time I post an opinion why don't ONE of you have a ESPN show????
I find it hilarious that you guys tell me that I think I have all the answers right after you tell me how wrong I am in my answers.

Txbroadcaster
06-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Doesn't that go both ways? Since it's either you or TX who tells me how wrong I am every time I post an opinion why don't ONE of you have a ESPN show????
I find it hilarious that you guys tell me that I think I have all the answers right after you tell me how wrong I am in my answers.

I enjoy what I do broadcasting at the High School levels..but I did have a show on ESPN the Game 950 in Shreveport

and my opinion of your fandom is simply what I have read on here from your posts.

Farmersfan
06-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
:devil: I'm an instigator! lol

You better jump on here and help me!!!!!:mad: :mad:

Farmersfan
06-07-2010, 03:25 PM
I enjoy what I do broadcasting at the High School levels..but I did have a show on ESPN the Game 950 in Shreveport

and my opinion of your fandom is simply what I have read on here from your posts.

So if you work in the industry then you should be use to people who have opinions differing from yours. And my opinions of Romo are shared by MILLIONS. I'm thinking that might be the reason my comments raise your hackles so much. You support Romo and find yourself defending him all the time. I get that! But once again I will say, Where there's smoke there's fire! If the questions exist on the scale that they do about Romo then they have some merit! Dispite how you would like it to not be true, Romo has let a lot of people down since his coming to Dallas. That cannot be denied! You take that one way. I take it another.

But I still respect you!!!!!!:D

Txbroadcaster
06-07-2010, 03:43 PM
So if you work in the industry then you should be use to people who have opinions differing from yours. And my opinions of Romo are shared by MILLIONS. I'm thinking that might be the reason my comments raise your hackles so much. You support Romo and find yourself defending him all the time. I get that! But once again I will say, Where there's smoke there's fire! If the questions exist on the scale that they do about Romo then they have some merit! Dispite how you would like it to not be true, Romo has let a lot of people down since his coming to Dallas. That cannot be denied! You take that one way. I take it another.

But I still respect you!!!!!!:D

Tony Romo has not let anyone down besides people in the locker room and who work for the Cowboys..and they have let him down as many times if not more.

I dont defend Romo because I like him anymore or less than other Cowboy QBs...I defend him because for whatever reason people think he he has not been anything less than stellar so far in his career

Does he have things to work on? hell yes..every player always does. But he has taken a team that was mired in 7-9,9-7 type seasons and made them a perennial contender and I do like that.

I know I know..you think this Dallas Roster is just SO STACKED and should easily win 10 games a year with anyone at QB, but the wins/losses dont bear that out..simple as that..before Romo Dallas was average..since he has become the starter they are now penciled into the play offs almost every year and that has ALOT to o with him( not everything, but alot).

All he did last year was have one of the greatest seasons for a QB in Cowboy history, and yet people like you wante to act like he failed.

He answered just about every supposed question over him last year and I have yet to see you say, you know what Romo had a dang good year. You STILL want to pretend he cannot win.

You talk about the "millions" who feel the way you do...I doubt that..before last season, yep probably did..but after the year Dallas had last year writer after writer and broadcaster after broadcaster have said Tony Romo proved he can win.

And I dont have a problem with difference of opinion..AS LONG AS YOU HAVE FACTS..and you dont simple as that. You never back your opinion up with facts, you just spout and spout and then retreat when proven wrong

Cowboy_Up
06-07-2010, 04:39 PM
I could understand him trying to qualify for the TX state am or USGA Pub Links or US AM, but US Open? No chance. Zero.
If he's lucky enough to make it through local qualifying, and it'll take about 69 to do that, he then has to go through sectionals. All the nationwide players as well as Euro tour players and PGA tour guys who are not exempt are at the sectionals. Most of the sectionals are 40 guys for 2-3 spots after 36 holes. He has no chance.
I've caddied twice in the sectionals. Its an eye opener when you go to the range to warm up and Tom Pernice Jr is on one side of you and Matt Goggin and Arron Baddley are on the other side. Its serious stuff and part time golfers have a very tough time hanging with those guys.

Edit...I read the article and see he did make through local which is no easy task. However, like i said above, he's got to pass guys like Bob Estes and Steve Elkington to qualify and that's not easy. those guys don't give strokes back. Nonetheless, a good showing for Romo.

Farmersfan
06-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Tony Romo has not let anyone down besides people in the locker room and who work for the Cowboys..and they have let him down as many times if not more.

I dont defend Romo because I like him anymore or less than other Cowboy QBs...I defend him because for whatever reason people think he he has not been anything less than stellar so far in his career

Does he have things to work on? hell yes..every player always does. But he has taken a team that was mired in 7-9,9-7 type seasons and made them a perennial contender and I do like that.

I know I know..you think this Dallas Roster is just SO STACKED and should easily win 10 games a year with anyone at QB, but the wins/losses dont bear that out..simple as that..before Romo Dallas was average..since he has become the starter they are now penciled into the play offs almost every year and that has ALOT to o with him( not everything, but alot).

All he did last year was have one of the greatest seasons for a QB in Cowboy history, and yet people like you wante to act like he failed.

He answered just about every supposed question over him last year and I have yet to see you say, you know what Romo had a dang good year. You STILL want to pretend he cannot win.

You talk about the "millions" who feel the way you do...I doubt that..before last season, yep probably did..but after the year Dallas had last year writer after writer and broadcaster after broadcaster have said Tony Romo proved he can win.

And I dont have a problem with difference of opinion..AS LONG AS YOU HAVE FACTS..and you dont simple as that. You never back your opinion up with facts, you just spout and spout and then retreat when proven wrong

Someone need a hug? Are you so insecure in your opinion that you can't accept someone else having a different one? I get it! You like Romo! You think Romo had a great year! But that doesn't mean anyone else has to think that way. Now pull up your big girl panties and let's move on, ok?

Ernest T Bass
06-07-2010, 05:32 PM
"Show me a coach that's good at golf, and I'll beat him at football."-Grant Teaff. Wonder if that applies to QBs, as well?

Txbroadcaster
06-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Someone need a hug? Are you so insecure in your opinion that you can't accept someone else having a different one? I get it! You like Romo! You think Romo had a great year! But that doesn't mean anyone else has to think that way. Now pull up your big girl panties and let's move on, ok?

I will say what I always say..I have no prob with opinions, all I ask for is facts to back them up and be prepared to debate those facts. If you cannot do that without cute little cutting comments then fine. But I would like some proof you dont think he had a good year

Cowboy_Up
06-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Tx and Farmer need to get a room.

IrishTex
06-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Tony Romo withdraws during U.S. Open qualifiers

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/assets_c/2010/06/T.%20Romo-thumb-250x185-13121.jpg

It wasn't meant to be for Tony Romo on Monday.

Hoping to qualify for the U.S. Open Golf Championship, Romo knew he couldn't afford weather delays. Anything that pushed back the 36-hole event to Tuesday would get in the way of his day job. (A Cowboys practice.)

After a second weather delay and a rough start to his second 18 holes, Romo withdrew from the event. It wouldn't have mattered.

Romo played very well on his opening 18 holes, bouncing back from an early triple bogey to shoot a 1-under-71. At that point, he was in a tie for ninth place, just three shots out of qualifying. (The top two players at the sectional move on.)

But Romo fell apart quickly after that, recording a snowman on his nineteenth hole of the day. He followed that up with a bogey, and then a triple bogey before weather halted play.

We will resume this story next year around this time, when our hero valiantly tries to climb the mountain again.

Source (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/07/tony-romo-withdraws-during-us-open-qualifiers/)

Farmersfan
06-08-2010, 08:03 AM
I will say what I always say..I have no prob with opinions, all I ask for is facts to back them up and be prepared to debate those facts. If you cannot do that without cute little cutting comments then fine. But I would like some proof you dont think he had a good year

This debate has run it's course TX! Neither you or I have made a convincing enough arguement to change the other person's mind. You keep acting like YOU are the only one who has provided proof but that just isn't the case. You keep acting like you are the only one that knows what they are talking about and that isn't the case either! So dispite how passionate you are about the issue it is still a FACT that Romo has come under fire from MILLIONS of people because of HIS actions on and off the field. Rationalize it if you choose to but to act like everyone else is wrong and you are correct and to even get indignate about it is taking the whole thing a little bit too serious. (in my opinion). With your experience you should understand that it's all a matter of perspective. For example: You say Romo was the # 6 ranked QB in the NFL last year and I say Romo was the #6 ranked QB on the #3 ranked team. (and one of the most talented). You see that as successful and I see that as under acheivement! You say Romo came from nothing and worked himself into a top ranked QB and I say Romo was nothing his whole career until he was handed the reins of a top 5 team and has underacheived with that team for 4 straight seasons. Sure there are some great moments mixed in there. But when the chips are down the cream is supposed to rise to the top. Romo hasn't consistently done that! (again, in my opinion).

Besides if you get me into this round and round debate in the off-season, what will we talk about during the season when Romo fails miserably again?

Pick6
06-08-2010, 08:11 AM

Besides if you get me into this round and round debate in the off-season, what will we talk about during the season when Romo fails miserably again?

Spoken like a real fan :rolleyes:

Farmersfan
06-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Tony Romo withdraws during U.S. Open qualifiers

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/assets_c/2010/06/T.%20Romo-thumb-250x185-13121.jpg

It wasn't meant to be for Tony Romo on Monday.

Hoping to qualify for the U.S. Open Golf Championship, Romo knew he couldn't afford weather delays. Anything that pushed back the 36-hole event to Tuesday would get in the way of his day job. (A Cowboys practice.)

After a second weather delay and a rough start to his second 18 holes, Romo withdrew from the event. It wouldn't have mattered.

Romo played very well on his opening 18 holes, bouncing back from an early triple bogey to shoot a 1-under-71. At that point, he was in a tie for ninth place, just three shots out of qualifying. (The top two players at the sectional move on.)

But Romo fell apart quickly after that, recording a snowman on his nineteenth hole of the day. He followed that up with a bogey, and then a triple bogey before weather halted play.

We will resume this story next year around this time, when our hero valiantly tries to climb the mountain again.

Source (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/07/tony-romo-withdraws-during-us-open-qualifiers/)

Of course everyone knows that if losing a sporting event is the worst thing to happen to Romo then he will have lived a good life!

Txbroadcaster
06-08-2010, 08:19 AM
This debate has run it's course TX! Neither you or I have made a convincing enough arguement to change the other person's mind. You keep acting like YOU are the only one who has provided proof but that just isn't the case. You keep acting like you are the only one that knows what they are talking about and that isn't the case either! So dispite how passionate you are about the issue it is still a FACT that Romo has come under fire from MILLIONS of people because of HIS actions on and off the field. Rationalize it if you choose to but to act like everyone else is wrong and you are correct and to even get indignate about it is taking the whole thing a little bit too serious. (in my opinion). With your experience you should understand that it's all a matter of perspective. For example: You say Romo was the # 6 ranked QB in the NFL last year and I say Romo was the #6 ranked QB on the #3 ranked team. (and one of the most talented). You see that as successful and I see that as under acheivement! You say Romo came from nothing and worked himself into a top ranked QB and I say Romo was nothing his whole career until he was handed the reins of a top 5 team and has underacheived with that team for 4 straight seasons. Sure there are some great moments mixed in there. But when the chips are down the cream is supposed to rise to the top. Romo hasn't consistently done that! (again, in my opinion).

Wow..Romo was given a top 5 team..so this top 5 team was 3-2 when he became the full time starter and had just finished back to back seasons of 6-10..9-7..That is a top 5 team to you?

Are u really going to say that Romo finishing as a top 6 QB is under achieving? REALLY?!?!

Farmersfan
06-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Spoken like a real fan :rolleyes:

At what point in all these discussions did I give you the impression that I was a Romo fan????? :p

Buckeye1980
06-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Career Passing rating

Tony Romo 95.6
Dan Marino 86.4

I guess you can be a great NFL quarterback and not win Super Bowls?

Buckeye1980
06-08-2010, 08:56 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_career_passer_rating_leaders

Updated through the 2009 season. [1]

Rank Quarterback Passer Rating
1 Steve Young 96.8
2 Philip Rivers 95.8
3 Tony Romo 95.6
4 Peyton Manning 95.2
5 Kurt Warner 93.7
6 Tom Brady 93.3
7 Joe Montana 92.3