PDA

View Full Version : Rice Cons. vs. Cuero, round #2...

Specklebelly
11-11-2002, 11:31 PM
Both teams come in playing very well and Im sure Cuero feels like they have something to prove after getting soundly defeated earlier in the year by the Raiders. From Rice's standpoint, they are playing well at the right time but it is never easy to beat a good team twice. Should be a good one.

<small>[ November 11, 2002, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Specklebelly ]</small>

Old Green
11-12-2002, 06:59 AM
It should be a good rematch.
Gobblers usually do well in rematches with teams they have lost to in pre-district.
Good luck to both teams.

Pudlugger
11-12-2002, 07:37 AM
Specklebelly:
Both teams come in playing very well and Im sure Cuero feels like they have something to prove after getting soundly defeated earlier in the year by the Raiders. From Rice's standpoint, they are playing well at the right time but it is never easy to beat a good team twice. Should be a good one.That is very true Specklebelly, it is difficult to play a good team twice and win. The Leps played Giddings twice and it was one heck of a showdown in the AstroDome that semi-final game. Both teams were fired up and just knew they would win. Every hit in that game was intense. Intensity is the element in these re-matches that determines the outcome. Which team brings the most intensity to the game wins.
If Cuero puts together 48 minutes of their famous brand of good ole rough and tumble football, holds onto the ball and avoids penalties they might win. If Rice stays focused, does their job well and keeps intense pressure up the entire game they have to be the favorite here. Good luck to both teams! :)

<small>[ November 12, 2002, 06:41 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

RiverRat19
11-12-2002, 12:00 PM
Both teams are talented and will be ready to go. Cuero came on strong in district and Rice played well throughout the year. I see a much closer game that Rice should still win. Prob somewhere around 21-17.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-12-2002, 12:33 PM
I'm pulling for Cuero in this one. Go Mean Green!!!

I really hope PI and Cuero play each other again in the 3rd round. Y'all would have to beat La Vernia or Bandera, and PI would have to beat Aransas Pass for it to happen, and both aren't easy tasks.

Lets make it happen Tarpons, Gobblers!!!!!

o'cowboy
11-12-2002, 12:45 PM
Rice is by far the best team that I saw this year, and Cuero is much improved and has been impressive in district (minus the Gonzales game). I think Rice wins this one by 17, not that Cuero is not good, but Rice is that good and will be getting a late start on B-Ball forgoing a let down like against Sweeny.