PDA

View Full Version : Breckenridge 26, Ballinger 22

vet93
09-19-2003, 10:47 PM
Talk about deja vu all over again...Ballinger goes up by 2 points with 1 minute to go. Breck scores to win with 19 seconds left to play. Game was much like last year when Breck upset Ballinger in overtime. Give Breck alot of credit for playing tough and making the plays. Ballinger had 4-5 turnovers in a lackluster performance. Hopefully the Bearcats will come on strong like they did last year after a loss to the Buckaroos. If they don't, then it could be a long season. Z-motion...I don't know if I can give you much of a scouting report on Breck because I wasn't able to attend the game. It sounded (on radio) like they were small but quick. They run the spread with alot of short passes, quick pitches and inside draws. They have a decent little quarterback who can move in the pocket and some quick recievers. They swarmed well on defense. They played good team ball with good effort but will not overwhelm with talent. If they keep improving they could make the playoffs, but they seemed to tank it last year after beating Ballinger...It will be interesting if they can build off of this game unlike last year. From the radio description of their talent I can see how Decatur destroyed them with the folks that they had returning.

VWG
09-19-2003, 10:49 PM
Breckenridge is hard to figure out. Is Huitt playing for them again?
How bad did Ballinger play? Was Breckenridge that good or Ballinger that bad tonight?

vet93
09-19-2003, 10:59 PM
VWG...it is hard to say. From what I heard on the radio...Ballinger was playing uninspired football. There were plenty of turnovers and dropped passes and a general dullness to their play. I don't know how much of this was due to Breck. As for Ballinger...they have the athletes to be good but are going to have to get things together. Hopefully they can learn from this game and use it as a motivator in the coming weeks. If Breck can build on this victory, they might have a chance to make the playoffs. They run the spread...when it works it looks great...when it doesn't...it looks like doodoo.

VWG:
Breckenridge is hard to figure out. Is Huitt playing for them again?
How bad did Ballinger play? Was Breckenridge that good or Ballinger that bad tonight?

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-19-2003, 11:16 PM
This one caught me by suprise. I don't know how well Childress did tonight but looks like district 5 AAA is going to be a battle except for Bowie which is winless and has been beaten by 2 A schools. I glad Vernon has them first.