PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed.....

kaorder1999
06-06-2010, 11:22 PM
As a coach, the hardest thing ever is getting a phone call telling you that one of your athletes has lost his/her life. In the last two school years at Adamson, we have lost 4 total. These poor kids have been through so much and they need your prayers now more than ever. Today, Trae Walker, 15, was swimming at Lake Whitney while at a basketball camp. Please keep the family of Trae in your prayers as well. Trae was an OUTSTANDING young man and will be greatly missed .

------------------------------------------------------------------

Tragedy On the Lake: 15-year-old Drowns

A young man attending a summer basketball camp didn't resurface while swimming in popular lake

LAKE WHITNEY (June 6, 2010)- A day on the lake turned to tragedy on Sunday, after a 15-year-old Dallas student traveling with a summer basketball camp drowned in a popular park.

It happened just after noon Sunday at Walling Bend Park on Lake Whitney.

Bosque County Sheriff's Investigators say 15-year-old Trae Walker was at the park with several friends from that camp when he went into the lake to swim, and failed to surface.

According to the sheriff's office, those friends then called 9-1-1 saying Walker was under water and could not be found.

The Sheriff's Office Marine Unit, Lake Whitney Rescue, Army Corps of Engineers Park Rangers, Texas Game Wardens, and other responders all responded to the scene.

"Rescue divers located and recovered Mr. Walker's body in an area close to where he was last seen by fellow swimmers." a release from the Bosque County Sheriff's Office stated.

Justice of the Peace James Zander ordered Walker's body sent to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy.

wildstangs
06-07-2010, 06:54 AM
Praying for ya Coach!

MUSTANG69
06-07-2010, 07:30 AM
Prayers from Ingleside.

waterboy
06-07-2010, 12:10 PM
That's awful! I'm sending prayers your way from Gilmer.:(

LE Dad
06-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Thoughts and prayers.:(

zebrablue2
06-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Prayers said and sent!!!

OldBison75
06-07-2010, 05:39 PM
My thoughs and prayers are with you and your school family in this tragic time. I hope that these kids find comfort and peace in the loving arms of God and the compassion of friends and family.

sinton66
06-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Prayers coming your way from me too.

44INAROW
06-07-2010, 08:17 PM
prayers from Cuero.. very sad :(

CHSfan
06-09-2010, 10:47 PM
i don't know how much insight you have on everything death related in cuero lately but i completely understand how one can feel in a situation like this..we have lost 4 in the past 11 months none of which came as anything less than a shock. just know that prayers are going out for you and the family during this time