PDA

View Full Version : Hey I Got An Idea About The Umpire Mistake That Cost A Perfect Game!!

Phil C
06-03-2010, 02:24 PM
It is so simple I wonder why no one else thought of it. Since the umpire obviously made a mistake and it would have been the last out the BaseBall Commissioner could over rule the call and declare that it was an out thus correcting the mistake and giving the pitcher the perfect game and everyone is happy.

BRILLIANT!!! :clap: :)

Old Tiger
06-03-2010, 02:26 PM
ESPN just reported that Selig refused to overturn that call even after watching the replay.

eagles_victory
06-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
It is so simple I wonder why no one else thought of it. Since the umpire obviously made a mistake and it would have been the last out the BaseBall Commissioner could over rule the call and declare that it was an out thus correcting the mistake and giving the pitcher the perfect game and everyone is happy.

BRILLIANT!!! :clap: :) Thats not a solution.

pirate4state
06-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
ESPN just reported that Selig refused to overturn that call even after watching the replay. Figures

BaseballUmp
06-03-2010, 02:40 PM
you over turn this call, then essentially you are overturning 3-5 calls everyday. i know this is another sort of play, but you cant start implementing a change like this right now...He would be getting a new request everyday to overturn a call

DDBooger
06-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

BRILLIANT!!! :clap: :) Hey Phil, if that Ump wanted to take a vacay in South Padre, where could he listen to live music and have a drink?

Looking4number8
06-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Honestly last nights game will be the most famos perfect game ever. Joyce made Galarrage imoratal in baseball stats. Anytime a perfect game is close, the anouncers will say something like "Only 23 perfect games have ever been thrown, 24 if you count the Galarrage/Joyce game". He will get endorsements and other things that never would have happened if he was simpley the third person of the year to throw a perfect game.

BaseballUmp
06-03-2010, 02:51 PM
haha well Galaragga got a brand new Corvette at the start of the game

Phil C
06-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Hey Phil, if that Ump wanted to take a vacay in South Padre, where could he listen to live music and have a drink?

A great place is at the Pelican West Club where there are drinks and a great band. Their place is located at 410 Padre Blvd.